Piko Interactive acquired an unreleased Neo Geo game.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Thanks for the update pikointeractive, looking forward to the release of these & very interested in future Neo releases. I agree with comments on here that if the games are going to be altered in any way, we should definitely get to see them unaltered also...

*edit*

I knew nothing about these games. I found some videos which I'll put here for other posters convenience...

Manic Panic:

Bubble Pop:

Tommy K:

Last edited:

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
Thanks for the update! I will be following this with great interest.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
:lolz:

Hope you didn't pay too much for these.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
No offense nd I understand that's something that came from when Neo tools were severely underdeveloped, but still that's something that feels like it would be better suited to an obscure .zip release on the homebrew forums, let alone a full blown cart (Super Bubble Pop got a release but that doesn't change the fact that it's a very raw port of a GBA game that wasn't that great to begin with). If you're truly looking into polishing the games to make them feel like actual Neo-Geo output then you'll have a hell of a job ahead of you.

Got to learn how to make carts, earn customer base, logistics, etc on a new platform somehow. And I don't believe is good business strategy to do it with something that would cost high 5 figures.

Got to learn how to crawl before you sprint on a 100m Olympic race.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Damn I really didn't realise how terrible these 'prototypes' are until I watched the videos. I'm not sure they're even worth spending time on let alone manufacturing carts! Obscure .zip release pleas...actually nah you can keep it.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Y'all know you aren't obligated to buy these right?

Just let them do whatever and if they suck, no harm. But maybe they won't suck, or maybe they will suck but will make way for something less sucky down the line.

defalt

Cheng's Errand Boy
Y'all know you aren't obligated to buy these right?

Just let them do whatever and if they suck, no harm. But maybe they won't suck, or maybe they will suck but will make way for something less sucky down the line.

↑↑↑↑↑
facts

wanna buy -> buy
dont wanna buy -> dont buy
weiner in a radiator -> send pics

wonderful,wonderful maths

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
↑↑↑↑↑
facts

wanna buy -> buy
dont wanna buy -> dont buy
weiner in a radiator -> send pics

It's a message board. Wanna discuss? Discuss; Don't wanna discuss? Don't open the thread.
It was a poor attempt at killing criticism but ok.

KGRAMR

Another Striker
Sorry for bumping the thread but does anybody knows what's the status of each game as of 2023?

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Super Bubble Pop was by vektorlogic - the guy who bought 9 million NOS hyper setups and was selling them for £199 with all four fighters for years on ebay. One of the pics showed the warehouse with a building sized stack of hypers sealed in box behind

KGRAMR

Another Striker
Super Bubble Pop was by vektorlogic - the guy who bought 9 million NOS hyper setups and was selling them for £199 with all four fighters for years on ebay. One of the pics showed the warehouse with a building sized stack of hypers sealed in box behind
Damn! Some people have crazy side hustles...

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
The reworked version seems to be AES only. Glad I'm not tempted to waste money on an MVS cart.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Not a fan of puzzlers like that but $299 for the homecart ain't bad.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Oh wow. They even still have the original prints of the old MVS version in stock too.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I remember this game from the ps1 and gba back in the day. Graphic changes aside, I’m assuming this reworked version is more in line with the gameplay and feel of the gameboy advance version than what was previously released for this neogeo port?

Playstation

GBA

Last edited:

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Bit of a missed opportunity to call this updated version "Neo Bubble Pop".

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I remember this game from the ps1 and gba back in the day. Graphic changes aside, I’m assuming this reworked version is more in line with the gameplay and feel of the gameboy advance version than what was previously released for this neogeo port?

Playstation

GBA
The GBA one still looks pre-rendered to me.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
The GBA one still looks pre-rendered to me.

Yo whats up Neo Alec. I was referring to the gameplay itself from that version rather than just the graphic difference; I’m curious if the revisions in this port are primarily graphical compared to the gameboy advance version or if there were additional tweaks to the gameplay as well.

Last edited: