New SNK Hardware Twitter Post

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
No idea what you're hoping it will be. Time to move on and hope for more mainline console games I think.

I don’t really expect anything good hardware wise from SNK these days, but an Atari type linux box with a online store for old and new SNK games might at least be slightly more interesting

Gaoh

New Challenger
I mean from a general consumer/toy perspective, anything made in Asia is shit nowdays, a lot of policies changed up in regards to the way they produce things including plastic but the mystery is how they will let us add new games, it's rumored it can hold up to 2000 games outside the regular 20 they included and I feel were still missing one more console so who knows. SNK is just catering to the Asian market with the rest of the world getting samples, but so far all we have is just specs on paper and no real action from this, we don't even know the interface for this yet, or if they are really microswitches in the stick like they say they do.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Can't tell the quality from that video, but at least the stick and buttons sound right.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I don’t really expect anything good hardware wise from SNK these days, but an Atari type linux box with a online store for old and new SNK games might at least be slightly more interesting

You sound like the kind of dumbass who still holds out hope for a Dreamcast 2.

Gaoh

New Challenger
Here's madlittle pixel unboxing's

https://youtu.be/gqc0DWLgiHg

Nope, not regretting this pre order at all, I'm looking forward to this now even more!!

looks like you might be able to add more games via usb!!

Last edited:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I’m not super excited of the idea of beating on a device that is directly connected/ outputting to my screen. Durability of the hdmi port concerns me.

I can see an external drive/ hub accessory that houses all the extra games and serves to shoot out the video to the tv could be cool.

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
Here's madlittle pixel unboxing's

https://youtu.be/gqc0DWLgiHg

Nope, not regretting this pre order at all, I'm looking forward to this now even more!!

looks like you might be able to add more games via usb!!

Good, we can change Controller setting.
Here is teardown video by Madlittlepixel too

Gaoh

New Challenger
This is like Snk’s Pandora’s box, the cables for the buttons look the same length, I’ll try to rearrange them abcd next to each other rather than change the config for each game, Sanwa button compatible, plus it has a 1gyg of internal memory and looks user friendly unlike the capcom stick, which is completely the opposite. Still waiting on snk to let us know how games could be officially added to this.

Whoa, plot twist, snk just announced there’s unlock able/hidden games in this!

https://twitter.com/SNKPofficial/status/1191965880550334464

Last edited:

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
I cross my fingers for total NeoGeo collection :D

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
This is like Snk’s Pandora’s box, the cables for the buttons look the same length, I’ll try to rearrange them abcd next to each other rather than change the config for each game, Sanwa button compatible, plus it has a 1gyg of internal memory and looks user friendly unlike the capcom stick, which is completely the opposite. Still waiting on snk to let us know how games could be officially added to this.

Whoa, plot twist, snk just announced there’s unlock able/hidden games in this!

https://twitter.com/SNKPofficial/status/1191965880550334464
That is craaaaazy.

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Just give us what we want, a true successor to AES that uses carts damnit!
Yeah, just go bankrupt again with some boondoggle that will cost millions to produce and only sell to a hundred hardcore fans. That's what we fans want, right? For SNK to disappear forever.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
it looks like he ripped the heel off a shoe and glued it on his head.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Yeah, just go bankrupt again with some boondoggle that will cost millions to produce and only sell to a hundred hardcore fans. That's what we fans want, right? For SNK to disappear forever.
Damn, you've distilled the sentiments of this community exactly.

Seriously though, I think the community resents the careless cash-ins, and wishes attempts to memorialize the console we love were done with a bit more care. Emulation boxes with the wrong control scheme aren't going to cut it.

Just watched Sakurai's Smash presentation. If everyone respected SNK's legacy as much as him, we probably wouldn't have many problems.

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
WHY TF does this stick have so many buttons when it just plays Neo Geo?!

Gaoh

New Challenger
Uh you can use it for ps4, pc and xbox? Maybe pop it in for mame? There’s outside consoles outside the Neo geo brand lolol