MvC2 - Dreamcast VS Arcade Version differences?

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Hi all,
are there notable differences between the DC and Arcade version or is the DC port (close to) perfect?

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
DC ver. was cool cause you could make (hack) alternate sound tracks and costumes.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
I think some of the audio tracks are a little different...

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Craig, won't you take me for a ride?

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Dreamcast is reportedly faster than arcade. I am by no means an MvC2 player however.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
That is one of the best Credit sounds on the CPS2, or any system in that case. MvC 1 baby!

Last edited:

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
its def a fun game. It can get abit boring when your opponent turtles and calls colossus for a free super. But its not half as bad as Team SCRUB and other teams on MVC2 where they are just hugging the back of the screen throwing missles, beams, etc.
Never got into the 3rd game at all

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
DC port like most NAOMI ports is near perfect.

The only difference I've heard of (haven't confirmed) is that the backgrounds are a bit more detailed on the NAOMI due to more video ram. I'm curious about it being faster on DC, have never heard that before this thread, would be interesting to find out for sure.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
i'm only repeating something i've heard from eczangief who is way better at it than me

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
Yeah I've always heard the DC is slightly faster. Whether that has anything to do with decreased lag, I'm not sure. I also think there are one or two infinites with some minor characters that don't work.

DC was good enough to be the EVO tournament standard for years so it shouldn't really matter too much.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
^Exactly, the DC port is great. Alec would know best, he's prolly the best mvc2 player around here.

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
Is this one of the DC games that can be played in 240p rather than 480i? If so, what mode are you guys playing it in, and how are you doing it?

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
It's more or less perfect. IIRC, there's issues here and there with dropped frames but it's very situational and not something you'd notice unless you were looking. Beyond that, there are a couple of glitches that were removed/fixed in the DC version but the vast majority are still there.

ECZangief

The Real Al Bundy
There's less slowdown in the arcade version when there's a lot going on onscreen. That's about it.