MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

One100bill

n00b
All this talk about holes, drills, stickers and I have no idea on how to even get my AES NEOSD going. Ha ha ha! My fault because I'm a total noob when it comes to downloading, uploading, converting, and all of the other technical terminology used to make the NEOSD work. I haven't even opened mine and I received it almost a month ago. Lol...oh well

Someday...someday I'll enjoy it.

phoenixdownita

Cheng's Errand Boy
Just ordered mine (AES ver) the bank did not block anything, now onto the waiting game.
Thanks to "Rot the awesome" I have the original releases so I should be set for good (that's all I really care for).
One suggestion, I paid in EUR (rather than the conversion offered by their payment provider) and it turns out I saved some money so keep that in mind if you have a credit card that does not charge for currency conversions (we are talking a 4% savings on the total price, yes I am that cheap)

<:)>
for sale MagicKey + 161-in-1
</:)>
just kidding, not really

Last edited:

Tgames

War Room Troll
Hi,

When the free shell for the first batch order when be send ?
It's quite long since i ordered mine flash cart.

Thanks.

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
I haven't even opened mine and I received it almost a month ago. Lol...oh well

What in the world are you standing by for? They've made it exceedingly easy to set up: grab the tool, point it to a folder, paste the results in your SD card, enjoy.

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder
Hi,

When the free shell for the first batch order when be send ?
It's quite long since i ordered mine flash cart.

Thanks.

There is no definite date.
Once they have cleared current orders, they will start to ship the free shells. A few weeks I'd say.
Patience.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Xian's completely right. There is a certain orientation that MVS labels are supposed to have. If you have a vertical-loading board, it's very clear where the front of the cart is supposed to be. But since you can apparently reverse the boards in the shell, it's a non-issue.

One100bill

n00b
What in the world are you standing by for? They've made it exceedingly easy to set up: grab the tool, point it to a folder, paste the results in your SD card, enjoy.

I will start looking into it. I know what a waste of hardware. Someone take it of my hands. I even got a an original snap lock case for it. Lol

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
All this talk about holes, drills, stickers and I have no idea on how to even get my AES NEOSD going. Ha ha ha! My fault because I'm a total noob when it comes to downloading, uploading, converting, and all of the other technical terminology used to make the NEOSD work. I haven't even opened mine and I received it almost a month ago. Lol...oh well

Someone please help this guy. I would but I don't have a NeoSd.

Edit: My bad Rot, I just saw your post.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?270418-From-Customs-with-Love-(Drill-all-the-things!)

I hope this puts to bed in peoples mind about the entire drillgate situation and opens the eyes to those that do not believe customs can do such things to packages. Clearly customs have been stepping up their searches over the past weeks and I suspect it will only increase with packages arriving to the USA in the future.

50/50.... i'd still kill Oghugo's account in a heartbeat....

xROTx

massimiliano

&#12493;&#12458;&#12472;&#12458;,
20 Year Member
not sure if it has been posted already but...custom avatar proposal for OGHUGO:

IMG_1481.JPG

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
So I've read most of this thread's pages (60-70 of them) and kept up with all the drama. Now it's my turn to order the AES NeoSD.

So if I'm correct:

1) I notify my bank (Lloyds) I have to make an overseas payment and not to block it?
2) Purchase NeoSD AES through credit card
3) Wait

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?270418-From-Customs-with-Love-(Drill-all-the-things!)

I hope this puts to bed in peoples mind about the entire drillgate situation and opens the eyes to those that do not believe customs can do such things to packages. Clearly customs have been stepping up their searches over the past weeks and I suspect it will only increase with packages arriving to the USA in the future.

That explains why my NeoCD pad was drilled. That white dust didn't help.

bitdigital

n00b
Looks good. Can I get/buy a MVS-neosd sticker from you? :D

Neosd team made the right choice, a lots of people here do not imagine the price of a mold, I find already fine that they have decided to make a shell, many others would stay at the pcb.

Now, assuming they had the budget for only one mold
, It was necessary to choose between the mvs or the aes and the most logical choice was the aes for many reason:

1: mvs cartridge can be find at low prices , generally less than the aes

2: mvs are easily openable with screws, the aes are clipped and therefore does not offer easy access to the pcb

3: AES cart being smaller can fit into the mvs, not the reverse.

If you are not happy with your shell, buy on ebay a cheap mvs and took his shell : the one on the picture cost me about 25 euros shipping included.
View attachment 43560

phoenixdownita

Cheng's Errand Boy
Given that now we know customs can "drill around", and that it seems so far that no damage to the PCBs has been inflicted, what would one do if he/she is victim of "drilling"?
I really appreciate NeoSD taking care of OGHUGO, but say I am next "to get drilled" will I get a replacement shell? (I'd be fine paying shipping for it) .... mind you I do NOT want a free SECOND shell pretending to have been drilled, I am only asking what would the stance be going forward now that the "drill-a-roo" has been brought forth.

Last edited:

greatfunky

Mr. Big's Thug
Looks good. Can I get/buy a MVS-neosd sticker from you? :D

I'm not in the stickers business :lolz:, i posted the label link upper , you don't have a printer ?
I know some people print their labels on photo paper and stick it with transparent silicone .

Given that now we know customs can "drill around", and that it seems so far that no damage to the PCBs has been inflicted, what would one do if he/she is victim of "drilling"?
I really appreciate NeoSD taking care of OGHUGO, but say I am next "to get drilled" will I get a replacement shell? (I'd be fine paying shipping for it) .... mind you I do NOT want a free SECOND shell pretending to have been drilled, I am only asking what would the stance be going forward now that the "drill-a-roo" has been brought forth.

According to Raz the situation will increase :annoyed:, it's quite possible ....
To avoid damage in the future , the solution may be to sent the neosd with a disassembled shell ?

Last edited:

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I don't think there is to much you can do about it in all cases given customs have a right to spot check items coming into the country.

If you are the receiver - If customs have followed protocol you should have red/orange tape around the package saying it has been opened. When you see that, start taking photos/video as you open the package. Unfortunately customs do not always correctly indicate a package has been opened. Its best to always take video and photos if you think the package has been opened and resealed. Personally I feel one should always take video of package opening when buying exspensive items from abroad. It protects you and also clears doubts in the senders mind if something is amiss.

If you are the sender and its a new item being sent - A seal sticker on on the box the item is packed inside would be helpful given the receiver will know if the product has been accessed. Better information on what the item is (on the customs declaration) can also help and there is no harm in adding a message like 'contains electrical parts, if item requires a full customs check, please open via the 4 screws to gain access inside. I guess you could also include a postit type note on the physical shell with information for customs on how to easily open the shell without drilling.

In the case of the NeoSD directly it could be an idea to not cover the hole which does not contain the sdcard with the serial number sticker. No garantee but it might be that if customs want to look inside they go through there without the need of drilling or opening the shell at all. Some customs officers will be trained to see that sticker placed where it is as trying to hide something. One needs to imagine how the NeoSD would look in the eyes of a customs officer as it passes through a xray scanner given there will be what looks like an empty compartment at the back of the shell.

In some countries it is possible to request if the package needs to be checked that it be done under the supervision of the receiver. The downside of this is it might require the receiver traveling many miles and it is still no garantee. Sometimes customs checks can happen before items even leaves the country of posting, espicially when there is a suspicion of contraband (drugs/bomb material etc) that is illegeal in the country of sending.

Bottom line for the NeoSD given its a new prodect being sent, it may be cheaper to simply send free replacement shells (and PCBs if damaged) when this happens than the money spent trying to get customs to be careful which may end up not being 100% successful.

Last edited:

X68

n00b
I'm not in the stickers business :lolz:, i posted the label link upper , you don't have a printer ?
I know some people print their labels on photo paper and stick it with transparent silicone .

Cheers for the sticker image =]
I can print these on sticky back paper with a laser printer, if anyone wants one printed just pay the postage

30tgfpe.jpg

greatfunky

Mr. Big's Thug

Cheers for the sticker image =]
I can print these on sticky back paper with a laser printer, if anyone wants one printed just pay the postage

30tgfpe.jpg

Looks great !;)

daz007

Morden's Lackey
Just thought i would chime in as i feel sorry for the guy who had his shell drilled. This sort of thing DOES happen at customs and i myself had it happen with no explanation, tape etc etc. It is very unlikely and unfortunate in this case but it DOES happen. Also you have to ask yourself why would he do such a thing ?

I think NeoSD should take a break and start thinking logically (with all respect) as you obviously have produced a great product and have a great deal of support but in this instance i think you are wrong.

Also , possibly slightly more brutally, this wasn't produced as charity and you are able to sell for a considerable amount. Your skills, expertise, knowledge and enthusiasm are fantastic but lets not suggest this is entirely altruistic...

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
So I finished consolizing a 1C and now it's gotten its maiden NEOSD experience! I tested it with the best and most grueling game on the entire system, if it can stand to run this game anything will work.

17362423_10154882213356609_6939165529296801410_n.jpg

Last edited:

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
So I finished consolizing a 1C and now it's gotten its maiden NEOSD experience! I tested it with the best and most grueling game on the entire system, if it can stand to run this game anything will work.

View attachment 43620

Nice work on the cmvc mate. What a game that is, truly worthy of the CMVS's maiden test :tickled:

Last edited: