portland retro gaming festival october 2016

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I took a day off from work so i will be attending all three days.

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Man, I really wish I could go this year. Just got a new job though, and I'm on a probationary period until February. So unfortunately I can't take any vacation days. Next year for sure though!

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
same here, really wish i could go too. used up all my vacation time to visit family in peru earlier this year. hoping i can make it next year

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I was tempted to go to ground kontrol, but withheld. I hope everyone had fun.

I have been swamped with work lately and haven't been around. Late September/early October is where my work gets crazy. However I have put in for the days off for the expo back in August so I am able to go. Down to hang out and nerd it up.

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
I think ill probably just take trimet into portland. Ill shoot you a pm with my number and ill just text you when i board to see whats up.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
im landing at like 8 pm.

i'll be around all day sat/ sun and leaving mon late afternoon.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
I think ill probably just take trimet into portland. Ill shoot you a pm with my number and ill just text you when i board to see whats up.

I'll probably be @ Arcadeworks/Windy Gaming's booth. We can just meet up there.

bradtemple87

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
I land Friday around lunch and leave Monday mid day

Quan and I will end up somewhere Friday after he sets up

bradtemple87

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
Plans for Saturday:

Quan and I will be at his booth (Arcade Works) around 6 when the vendor hall closes. We will make a plan for food/drinks/etc. We also plan to attend the auction Saturday night like last year, so maybe we will shift to late plans.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
I'm holding a couple of boxes hostage for Quan. I'm gonna have to communicate to him later tonight.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Well, saw plenty o brad, goomba, quan, and that chan guy. And a few other peeps from neo. But no loli, bean, or tacoguy... I am disappoint loli, but i called that shit a month and a half back. Too bad I can't predict lotto numbers like dat.

IMO this years show wasn't nearly as good as it had been the 2 years before that I'd gone. Auction sucked (FU chris for bringing that damn supergun to the auction!). Game selection in the free-play arcade wasn't nearly as good as it had been in the past. And the vendor inventory felt smaller and more boring than in the past for the most part.

But hangin out w/the neo peeps was great and that made the show. Fuck the rest of it this year.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Well, saw plenty o brad, goomba, quan, and that chan guy. And a few other peeps from neo. But no loli, bean, or tacoguy... I am disappoint loli, but i called that shit a month and a half back. Too bad I can't predict lotto numbers like dat.

IMO this years show wasn't nearly as good as it had been the 2 years before that I'd gone. Auction sucked (FU chris for bringing that damn supergun to the auction!). Game selection in the free-play arcade wasn't nearly as good as it had been in the past. And the vendor inventory felt smaller and more boring than in the past for the most part.

But hangin out w/the neo peeps was great and that made the show. Fuck the rest of it this year.

I saw bean there. he was a nice dude.

also- lol- for shill bidding (unasked) my charity supergun and having them drop the bid on you. :keke:

Spoiler:
srs though. thanks again. it was a good charity that money is going to. You didn't have to fulfill that bid. I could have still auctioned it elsewhere.

great to finally meat you bud!

also of note- thanks to bradtemple for convincing me to go to a portland titty bar.

Last edited:

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,

also- lol- for shill bidding (unasked) my charity supergun and having them drop the bid on you. :keke:

Spoiler:
srs though. thanks again. it was a good charity that money is going to. You didn't have to fulfill that bid. I could have still auctioned it elsewhere.

great to finally meat you bud!

also of note- thanks to bradtemple for convincing me to go to a portland titty bar.

Well, I was srsly offended the bidding on your supergun for charity wasn't really happening so that's why I decided to step in and try and help out. I just really didn't expect the bidding to end FUCKIN IMMEDIATELY w/my bid.... :( Oh well, it's only money, right?

And I do wished I'd been able to join today's after dinner activities, but I'd already stayed far later than I shoulda. Was glad I at least stayed for dinner and met yer buddy. Hopefully next year I'll not have dem damn kidney stone issues and have no problem hangin around then. Mebbe if i'd only had food poisoning i'd have hung around... :lolz:

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member

LOL! I hope it was better than the one you talked about Friday night.

On a srs note, it was awesome to see Quan and Bubs again, and awesome to finally meat you, cdamm! Hope your trip back was safe...or full of turbulence because of the pineapple comment at dinner. :keke::lolz:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
im still here for a minute, captain poi.

i fly out at 2.

and no- we did not go to the vegan titty bar.

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
im still here for a minute, captain poi.

i fly out at 2.

and no- we did not go to the vegan titty bar.

I'm disappointed in you cdamm.
that was EXACTLY the one I was hoping you went to.
Casa Diablo is.... an experience.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I'm disappointed in you cdamm.
that was EXACTLY the one I was hoping you went to.
Casa Diablo is.... an experience.

Well the one we went to had a buffet with seafood paella. So.. sold.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
At the live auction I did end up buying the final pre-production proto supergun from Windy that had been signed by a bunch of youtube gaming personalities (half of which I've no clue who they were, but guess I should check em out sometime).

And yeah, i'll get a pic up of it. Gotta dig out that camera though.

Last edited: