Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Been playing Batrider and just 1CC'd "Normal" course with default rank. :D

Time for "Advanced" course. :vik:

jdoll

Kuroko's Training Dummy
ghost blade hd on xbox one with a buddy 2player
dodonpachi has a game on android now i play at work

Battlesmurf

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Going to try to 1cc Raiden DX again. Haven't done it in years. Taking baby steps into playing games again since the surgery (it messed with my eyesight), so this should be interesting- kinda like rehab I guess :)

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
My copy of Two-Tenkaku arrived in the mail. I cleared it on my third run.

Hey I can find thrills in both the bizarre and the mediocre.

But I am not thrilled and I don't find this brand of bizarre particularly appealing.

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
A "Heavy Unit" PCB arrived in the mail today courtesy of themisterfalcon. I'd never played it before but was intrigued because it was developed by Kaneko, who was behind two of my favorite shmups-Super Star Soldier and Aero Fighters.

My first impression is that Heavy Unit isn't quite in the same league because (a) your hitbox is huge, and (b) the game sends you back to a checkpoint when you die. I'm alright with the checkpoints because I can't just credit-slam my way through, but the cheap deaths definitely get annoying. Still, it's a great looking game, and music isn't bad. I'll definitely be spending a lot more time with it.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
My copy of Two-Tenkaku arrived in the mail. I cleared it on my third run.

Hey I can find thrills in both the bizarre and the mediocre.

But I am not thrilled and I don't find this brand of bizarre particularly appealing.

I know the feeling, though the Playstation library is full of oddballs, not everyone of them will feel rewarding. Metaphlist was disappointing, while Latice 200EC7 took me by surprise. Paranoiascape was a let down, while X2: No Relief proved to be incredible after its Japanese rework. Odo Odo Oddity was interesting, but no thrills to be found.

Well, it's mostly give-and-take with the obscure and the mediocre.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
All this mecha love going on...anybody played Formation Z?...game was so bad but I was such a Transformers whore as a kid, I just had to play it! All them quarters wasted...the horror!

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Power strike on the SMS, it's a tough game as well, these old 8 bit shooters are a challenge, especially with all the sprite flicker going on.
I'd really like to try power strike II but it's going for crazy money.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
back on dat HYPER DUEL

Probably Technosofts finest work. Between Life Force, Border Down, and Hyper Duel I am not sure which is my favorite horizontal shmup.

I've been playing Batsugun Special, that 4th level boss is just insane.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Mushihimesama on Steam. Shooting to clear Original first...lol, I suck.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Played a couple of credits on DDP. Little rusty :(
16261acd41b2c3e24c3951cc3241ce33.jpg

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
All this mecha love going on...anybody played Formation Z?...game was so bad but I was such a Transformers whore as a kid, I just had to play it! All them quarters wasted...the horror!

I played that. It looked more like a Veritech, tho.

The aptly-named Transbot on the Master System was along the same lines - side scroller where you change between robot and vehicle.

Probably Technosofts finest work. Between Life Force, Border Down, and Hyper Duel I am not sure which is my favorite horizontal shmup.

No Thunder Force? Really?

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
The aptly-named Transbot on the Master System was along the same lines - side scroller where you change between robot and vehicle.
What you're saying reminds me a little of ranger x on the MD FilthyRear, similar idea but more optimus prime on a harley lol.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
I played that. It looked more like a Veritech, tho.

No Thunder Force? Really?

I like TF 3, 4 and the PS2 one, but I am a big fan of Hyperduel. Lots of mechs, explosions, tunes, its got it all. Too pricey for me to own, I just play the burned copy on my Saturn. Also love Elemental Master on genesis, it is overshadowed by the TF games but its really good.

Also, no milking on batsugun, just survival.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Cotton 2 on Saturn - Havent really dug deep in to it yet but it so far it seems like a pretty damn good game. Scoring system is kind of interesting

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Just played through Steel Empire on 3DS. 1CC on my first try. Normal difficulty, and 3 deaths. Neat asthetics, kind of want to try the Genesis version next.

Last edited: