PCE Super SD System 3 - Terraonion New Product (Dec 2017)

Uriel Liu

n00b
Hello,

Once we got the final pcb samples (last tuesday), we soldered one by hand to check everything was working fine (we changed some lines on the final pcbs from the previous one to improve the in game button trigger).

I had some time today to make a video, don´t blame me for my lame gaming skills ....

I played about one hour but my phone stopped the recording after 20 minutes cause it ran out of memory storage.

Anyways, the video is intended to show how the screenshots work.

I hope no one gets bored about see me dying at castlevania, i love this game even i am pretty bad at it.

This is really awesome! I already ordered one and cannot wait to see the final product!

Syntax_x

n00b
This dude has been posting nonsense like this from the day he joined.

Sees thread and posted response before even attempting to read anything.

It's about on par with shamelessly plugging your YouTube channel and Patreon account where ever you can....

Last edited:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
What I think is funny is that no one has probably actually looked at the Patreon page.

Because if you had...

Syntax_x

n00b
There's like 2 posts in this thread where you just put a smiley face as a post, I'd missed the smiley and thought you were just plugging your channel.
Apologies. I'll shut up now.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
There's like 2 posts in this thread where you just put a smiley face as a post, I'd missed the smiley and thought you were just plugging your channel.
Apologies. I'll shut up now.

You'd of loved kernow.

Syntax_x

n00b
This place is so different, I'm trying to take it all in but there's alot of history between you guys that I've missed.
The account merging thing is piss funny tho.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
This place is so different, I'm trying to take it all in but there's alot of history between you guys that I've missed.

Try reading more before running your mouth.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member

Try reading more before running your mouth.

wyo speaks the truth!

There are a lot of unwritten rules and things one person can say that you should not.

Roll with things and you'll enjoy it here. Get too wrapped up in teh drama and this place will have another victim. :keke:

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
What I think is funny is that no one has probably actually looked at the Patreon page.

Because if you had...

I did. Made my day.

LOL, still zero patrons...:(

Jon

neosd

Neosd Developer
UPDATE 22-12-2017 Final Shells

This thingle is going to look pretty nice with the golden pads pcb inside ;)

SSDS3_final_Shells_2.jpg

SSDS3_final_Shells_1.jpg

BTW, shells are being packed right now for shipment ....

packing_shells.jpg

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
In Catalonia... you tie the shoelaces the other way around Neosd man...:p

xROTx

PS. The shells look nice:D

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Those cases look very sturdy! like throw it at a wall sturdy. Very cool to see it all coming together yet again guys!

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
Oof, that is going to be one sexy device once it's fully assembled. Nice work, gents.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Shells look sweet. Can't wait to see the whole thing assembled and in my hands.

mistahsnart

New Challenger

Looks awesome! The finishing work on that is top-notch.

Because if you had...
Hey, I did! But to be fair: I mentioned it on Twitter, not here.

Last edited:

sdekaar

n00b
with PCE S³ is it possible to transfert old save data from interface unit/duo with ten no koe card ?

Last edited:

neodev

Neosd Tech
with PCE S³ is it possible to transfert old save data from interface unit/duo with ten no koe card ?

I haven't tried, but it's theoretically possible, as when when a real hucard is detected, the backup ram controller is still enabled, and you can read/write it, and it will be saved to the sd.
The process, though, will be a bit involved, depending if you have "per game saves" selected or not.

If you don't have the per game saves selected, the save data will be read and written to a file named backup.bup, so you have all the saves in a block, as if you had a normal super cdrom/IFU. Just insert your ten no koe card and transfer the saves to the cd backup ram.

With the "per game saves" option on is a bit more difficult, because each game will have its own .bup file, but when running an external hucard, it will use backup.bup, as it doesn't know which game you have, so you'll have to insert your ten no koe card, transfer the data from the card to the cd backup ram (of the SD system 3) then take the sd out, go to the bup folder and copy or rename the backup.bup file to the name of the game you want to use that backup for, and then you can run your game with the save data you transferred from the card, although it will have more save files there, apart from the current game, you can delete them from the backup ram manager in the bios (if you have "Skip 'Press Run' " on, just hold SELECT while booting, and it will not skip the press run message, and you can access the backup manager by pressing SELECT there.

Edit: This is untested though, it's just that if it works, it will work that way.

Last edited:

xterc

n00b
I can't wait to see them fully assembled. Now all we need is for someone to make a custom black smoke enclosure for the PCE.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member

SSDS3_final_Shells_2.jpg

SSDS3_final_Shells_1.jpg

BTW, shells are being packed right now for shipment ....

packing_shells.jpg

Drools...

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
I can't wait to see them fully assembled. Now all we need is for someone to make a custom black smoke enclosure for the PCE.

I like the way you think. You should post that as a suggestion in the other thread.