Fuck Yeah Vita!

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
Picked up a Vita (1001 model) this week mainly for fighters and I'm pleasantly surprised at how great the d-pad is. Maybe great is too strong a word but it's relatively clicky and much more responsive than Sony's normal cheese grater d-pad. Another totally unexpected and very cool thing was the inclusion of additional control/button mapping options for PSOne and PSP games.

One thing I'm stumped on; how do I use the Vita version of Street Fighter X Tekken to unlock the extra 12 characters on the PS3 version? I bought the game new and while it had the sticker on the wrapper for the free characters it didn't include a download code inside nor does anything in-game mention it.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Picked up a Vita (1001 model) this week mainly for fighters and I'm pleasantly surprised at how great the d-pad is. Maybe great is too strong a word but it's relatively clicky and much more responsive than Sony's normal cheese grater d-pad. Another totally unexpected and very cool thing was the inclusion of additional control/button mapping options for PSOne and PSP games.

One thing I'm stumped on; how do I use the Vita version of Street Fighter X Tekken to unlock the extra 12 characters on the PS3 version? I bought the game new and while it had the sticker on the wrapper for the free characters it didn't include a download code inside nor does anything in-game mention it.

Iirc, you don't get the characters out of the box. I think you have to play the vita challenges to unlock them. Something weird like that. Not even sure it would still work now, either. I think those servers have been down for awhile?

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Is the vita turning out to be another Saturn with all the good games being Japanese?

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
I started Persona 4 Golden, I know I'm super late to that party but man it's a fun game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
Iirc, you don't get the characters out of the box. I think you have to play the vita challenges to unlock them. Something weird like that. Not even sure it would still work now, either. I think those servers have been down for awhile?

Physical copies are supposed to include access the 12 DLC characters for the PS3 version along with the alternate costume bundle for both the PS3/Vita, there's even a sticker on the shrinkwrap advertising this. Hell, I was debating on buying the Vita version when it released because it was actually cheaper than the PS3 extra character pack alone. There's an item on the PSN store called the SFxT Vita Promo pack that includes this stuff but it's unavailable and the only way you can access it is to buy the Vita digital version of SFxT. The physical version includes no download codes and no instructions on how to verify your physical cart purchase over PSN to allow access to that promo deal.

Thankfully there's a PSN flash sale right now and Vita SFxT is only $3.99 (and only $2.99 for the PS3 version). Got it, got the extras no problem, and to eBay the physical copy goes.

Featured on this same flash sale are the PSP versions of SNK Arcade Classics Vol 1 and Samurai Shodown Anthology... at their everyday regular price of $19.99? Don't quite get that.

Last edited:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Berserk Musou is pretty badass on Vita...............can't wait for PS4 version :drool:
Musou Stars will be another one I'm waiting for
Gun Gun Pixies: looks fun
Demon Gaze II: Yes..............will get it in March!!!

I just couldn't get into demon gaze. I love dungeon crawlers so I really don't understand it. I guess it's too JRPG-E for me. Does that game get pretty good? I spent 4 hours on it, but it was too much pointless talking.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
I just couldn't get into demon gaze. I love dungeon crawlers so I really don't understand it. I guess it's too JRPG-E for me. Does that game get pretty good? I spent 4 hours on it, but it was too much pointless talking.

I put over 60hrs into Demon Gaze. I'm a person that normally can't put more than 8 hrs into a game without losing my mind. It gets good.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I put over 60hrs into Demon Gaze. I'm a person that normally can't put more than 8 hrs into a game without losing my mind. It gets good.

Damn, I need to get this. I spent 56 hours in Mind Zero and it is definitely average at best. Still, I like the story enough to keep going.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Damn, I need to get this. I spent 56 hours in Mind Zero and it is definitely average at best. Still, I like the story enough to keep going.

I've put under 20hrs into Mind Zero - I loved the art direction, story was ok....but it just wouldn't click with me. The same thing happened with Conception 2

MAYAman

n00b
The US Saturn has gotten a few English translated homebrews. Do you think the same thing will happen with the Vita Japanese classics? Or is this impossible because the Vita is still viable as a current product.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
The US Saturn has gotten a few English translated homebrews. Do you think the same thing will happen with the Vita Japanese classics? Or is this impossible because the Vita is still viable as a current product.

ummmm - ok....

The Saturn is coming up on 20 years old, man. Plenty of time for fan translations to slowly trickle into existence. Closest thing you will see for vita is crowd funding campaigns to port visual novels. You are comparing apples to oranges and asking about grapes.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Same with me on Conception II and Mind =0 those games just didn't click for me.

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
I started Persona 4 Golden, I know I'm super late to that party but man it's a fun game.

I still say that 3 was better in every way except the battle system.
4 is still a great game though.

I did also get myself a package of Vita games from a friend, consisting of:
Ragnarok Odyssey Ace LE
Angry Birds Star wars
Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate
EDF 2
Futuridium
Injustice
Killzone Mercenary
Little Deviants
Lumines
Silent Hill
Mortal Kombat
Super Monkey Ball
Virtua Tennis
Walking Dead Season 2
Zero Time Dilemma

also ordered Shiren the Wanderer and Tales of Cold Steel LE.
puts me at 111 vita games #shelfqueenlife

as far as gameplay goes, I'm still working on Muramasa - It's good, but I'm having trouble staying interested for more than 2 missions at a time.

I will say I'm 2 games away from having every LRG - Saturday Morning RPG and Oddworld New 'n Tasty - anyone know where i can sneak one?

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
It should be a no-brainer, but Shantae on Vita is amazing. That team really knows what they are doing. The game feels right at home on the vita.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member