Post Your Recent Purchases!

gtmartini

Rugal's Thug
not a fan of the ol'6 button neo?
I like these that were made for Neo Geo MVS because they are rare. A 6 buttons cab is common and almost all cabs are 6, including mine. But it is not I don't like the 6 buttons, it is great because you can use about all arcade games.

gtmartini

Rugal's Thug
I was kinda upset about the lack of local multiplayer in Halo 5. The best part about Halo was being able to play together with friends in one room. I also fondly remember bringing my Xbox to my uncle's place for family gatherings and we'd have a LAN connection between the two Xboxes in different rooms. Was fun as shit, but now you don't see that nowadays. Good memories with Halo 1 and 2.

That is true, my cousin came once to my house and we played Halo 1 almost to the end together. And it is also to play with someone that is not so good on FPS or don't like games because she dies too much. So playing together you can keep your partner alive and go though the game (it is the only way I can get my wife to play lol)

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
BTOOM! Amazon Japan will be the death of my wallet yet.

54e6acb93651d40bc31822ecb722c80d.jpg

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Xbox One S :keke:

HqTbJ5t.jpg

Not really. More like a chinese knock-off.
I found this locally for $20.

dCdRoz6.jpg

XCmwr9Y.jpg

The emulation is all over the place. Some games play decently, others are tolerable and there are others where the playability is fooked.
The GBA stuff for the most part is fine. The Neo has slowdown and screen tearing. Some sound issues and the odd graphical glitch but overall not too bad on the SNES and MD side of things.
You can add your own stuff via SD card as well.

The system case is pretty nice. It would be ideal to stick a Raspberry Pi in there. Which I reckon is what I'm going to end up doing with this.

gtmartini

Rugal's Thug
Halo 1 PC >>>> all other Halos anyway

Not really, The PC version was worse than XBOX. I remember a review where the PC could no do the same transparency as the XBOX version could. At the time monitor for PC was not so big and for 2 players you could not divide the screen and play with a friend (at least not so good as using a XBOX). XBOX >>>PC

gtmartini

Rugal's Thug
Now I can save the games and continue another day.
20170912_232538.jpg

It was sealed, but I can't have it just to show, I have to play. The camera is nice
20170912_232520.jpg

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Not really, The PC version was worse than XBOX. I remember a review where the PC could no do the same transparency as the XBOX version could. At the time monitor for PC was not so big and for 2 players you could not divide the screen and play with a friend (at least not so good as using a XBOX). XBOX >>>PC

The Masterchief Collection version looks really nice too. Much better than the original.

I did reply to the above about the price, but I think it got wiped in the move. Yeah, those games have dropped in value a lot recently. The bargain was really the console itself.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member

Dividing the screen for a PC game..? wouldn't the other player be using another PC over LAN for multiplayer?

edit: Oh... I get it now.. you like COD.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member

I'm not sure how single player compares, but playing Halo 1 LAN with a 12+ people in the same room is some of the most fun I've ever had playing video games- and I don't normally even care for shooters. Not saying the Xbox version isn't great, but with a bunch of friends the PC version is hard to beat.

Gentle Ben

NAM-75 Vet
I'm not sure how single player compares, but playing Halo 1 LAN with a 12+ people in the same room is some of the most fun I've ever had playing video games- and I don't normally even care for shooters. Not saying the Xbox version isn't great, but with a bunch of friends the PC version is hard to beat.

Funny, I could say the same about Xbox version. 4 TV's, 4 Xboxes, a switch, and like 10 to 16 friends...bliss. I really miss LAN gaming on consoles. Now it's all required to be through Xbox Live, so companies don't bother with LAN capability any more.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
I'm sure so- I just never played Halo on console with LAN. It is a shame that LAN and split screen multiplayer are no longer featured on most new games.

NeoField

Rugal's Thug
Hi all, new to the forum, recently picked up my first Neo Geo AES system! I always wanted to buy one but could never afford it. Now I am in my thirties and was able to pick up a Gold System! Really glad to be apart of the community!

neo1.jpgneo2.jpgneo3.jpg

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
NeoField, you picked a great time to get into collecting for the AES! Congrats!

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Yehhhh, my bank account has already been raped, but did pick up the Last Blade jap for $250 with box... no too bad lol

Are you not aware of the NeoSD? There's no need to buy this crap now.