Vinsanity's collection

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
such an insane cab collection and arcade room. Is that street fighter 2 running on a street fighter 1 cab???

Vinsanity

n00b
How in God's name did you get that DDR into your house man? Must've been a labor of love and lots of help along the way too.
Yes, and yes. Had to repaint the stairwell walls after that little episode.

When my wife was 8 months pregnant with our first child, she looked me in the eye and said, "I want a DDR...". I wasn't quite ready to get one yet, and was kinda biding my time for a nice Japanese cabinet. But, labor of love indeed.

such an insane cab collection and arcade room. Is that street fighter 2 running on a street fighter 1 cab???

Thank you. Yes, that is the old dedicated SF1 Deluxe crescent cabinet. It also has SF1, but it is JAMMA switched with SFII'HF (Best SF2?, Best SF2.).

I actually have all the parts for the pneumatic set up for SF1 cabinet, but haven't had time (or skill) to optimize that yet.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
That's sick downstairs setup Vince! You got some serious coin involved in all that stuff very nice man.

Last edited:

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
Wow. I'm speechless. Incredible setup! What's your strategy for powering everything? Do you have it set-up on a breaker so you can turn everything on at once, or do you go around and flip switches on each machine?

*bows*

Vinsanity

n00b
That's sick downstairs setup Vince! You got some serious coin involved in all that stuff very nice man.

Thank you. I enjoy it very much.

Wow. I'm speechless. Incredible setup! What's your strategy for powering everything? Do you have it set-up on a breaker so you can turn everything on at once, or do you go around and flip switches on each machine?

*bows*
Thank you. I generally only ever turn on all the games when company is over. For that reason, surge protectors have been working pretty well for me. I bunch 1-4 games per surge protector, and turn the games on one at a time, or in groups. I got a Google Home for Christmas, and I’ve been on a home automation kick lately. So some of the games are on smart switches. Being able to turn off/on your games from your phone or via voice command sounds kinda dumb at first, but its super convenient especially with a kid running around the house.

Vinsanity

n00b
Here's a vid of the basement with the room lights on. This was taken with a phone camera, so there's a bit of a shaky cam effect.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Clean, non cluttered setup. Looks nice. The dark floors must be a bitch to maintain.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Hot damn Vince! That is an absolutely beautiful setup brotha I can't believe it.Thanks for sharing the new video with us man cheers.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Looks great! Nice mix of games, well laid out and classy decor. I miss having a basement... :D

Vinsanity

n00b
Clean, non cluttered setup. Looks nice. The dark floors must be a bitch to maintain.

Thanks Gordon. I know you've seen your share of arcades when you says things like, "yeah, that's nice... but the floors are hard to maintain...". :) This is true about the floors though. And I have a white dog.

Insane cab collection! Wow, just wow!

Thank you!

Hot damn Vince! That is an absolutely beautiful setup brotha I can't believe it.Thanks for sharing the new video with us man cheers.

Thanks bro! Hope you're well.

Looks great! Nice mix of games, well laid out and classy decor. I miss having a basement... :D

Thank you, sir. My wife's furniture selections have been sneaking it's way into my basement, but I'm cool with that.

West

Mr. Big's Thug
Damn dood. That's an insane room. Really beautiful stuff.

That PVM in the fireplace takes the cake tho ;)

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Thanks Gordon. I know you've seen your share of arcades when you says things like, "yeah, that's nice... but the floors are hard to maintain...". :) This is true about the floors though. And I have a white dog.

Wow, way to be a dick.

Is your dog as much of a fucking prick as you?

Vinsanity

n00b
Wow, way to be a dick.

Is your dog as much of a fucking prick as you?
It's funny what passes off as a dick nowadays. If you need some examples of real dicks, I can probably find some resources for you. Yes, my dog is an asshole too.

Anyway. I messaged DecepticonZero, and apologized if I may have offended him. And, I am publicly, and sincerely apologizing to those that I may or may not have offended.

bochi

Cheng's Errand Boy
Man a twilight zone pinball I always wanted one of those.

Vinsanity

n00b
Damn dood. That's an insane room. Really beautiful stuff.

That PVM in the fireplace takes the cake tho ;)

Thank you. The BVM is cool. Most folks don't understand why I would have an "old TV...", but maybe kinda understand my reasons after I turn it on.

Man a twilight zone pinball I always wanted one of those.
I didn't play much pinball back in the day. But when I did play, TZ was the pinball game that kept my attention.

Caprica Orange

Pao Pao cafe VIP,
20 Year Member
Gotta admit, thats one hell of a nice room you got there. Nice, clean and with a great choice of cabs.

Zak

WWJCVDD?,
Awesome setup man!

Interesting paint job on the Capcom cute though ;)

Vinsanity

n00b
Gotta admit, thats one hell of a nice room you got there. Nice, clean and with a great choice of cabs.

Thank you.

Awesome setup man!

Interesting paint job on the Capcom cute though ;)

Good eye! The Cute is powdercoated in white, and anodized in blue chrome; it's totally gone over. At one point a buddy of mine had ~6 Cutes, and was going keep this one for himself. He eventually sold it to me because it didn't fit his master plan any more.

I usually prefer as close to factory as possible, and was leaning towards a Cute in stock pink. But once I saw the chrome blue, I couldn't resist. It has an absolutely beautiful sister in chrome red that I passed on, and went to another collector. All his other Cutes have been long sold.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Dat DDR machine

I hope those windows being opened doesn't fade the shit. Your stuff looks to be in top shape.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Yeah, might as well board up the windows and get something to stabilize the air down there.

Vinsanity

n00b
Dat DDR machine

I hope those windows being opened doesn't fade the shit. Your stuff looks to be in top shape.

Yeah, might as well board up the windows and get something to stabilize the air down there.

Good points, and thank you both. The windows are almost always closed, and there's pretty good circulation. We have some thin blinds on the basement windows, and while it's nice to have a little light every once in a while (especially during the long winters in MN), it might be time to look into something that blocks light a bit better.

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Good points, and thank you both. The windows are almost always closed, and there's pretty good circulation. We have some thin blinds on the basement windows, and while it's nice to have a little light every once in a while (especially during the long winters in MN), it might be time to look into something that blocks light a bit better.

I was just being sarcastic. I think you'll be just fine with what you have.

Vinsanity

n00b
I was just being sarcastic. I think you'll be just fine with what you have.

Lol, kinda figured. I've actually been thinking about some new blinds, but put that thought in the back burner. Your posts just reminded me of the whole thing.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Nice, clean cabs. It looks like you put thought into this rather than simply piling a bunch of ragged ass cabs into a room.