New Metal Slug is being made for consoles, possibly new NeoGeo hardware (?) planned

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
A modern version of the AES would be pretty cool. Keep it a 2D machine, but modernize it with hdmi, wifi, ...ect. Make new cartridge games for it, but also have it backwards compatible with the existing AES games. I really think they could make money with a niche device like that.

I would buy that.

Pretty cool and you know what? If they get through to just that one little gamer -- it'll all be worth it. Yes, particularly if that little gamer happens to pay $46,000 for that toy.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Pretty cool and you know what? If they get through to just that one little gamer -- it'll all be worth it. Yes, particularly if that little gamer happens to pay $46,000 for that toy.

This little gamer does not have 46k of disposable income so very doubtful.

But if its a sensible price I would be all over it.

Godfather

n00b
This is exciting news. I would not be surprised at all if they take the switch route and develop games in the SD card format. That seems to be the future, considering blu ray discs don't hold nearly enough data than their sd card counterparts.

Future is streaming or carts. Considering streaming or downloading games you need to package a harddrive and pay for unlimited internet connection etc i suspect is the sd card route. SNK can most certainly be a big player in that market.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
This is even better news than Limited Run Games doing a Mark of the Wolves homecart release!

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
An SNK Ouya done right would be amazing. New games would shift units aswell. It would still have a entire back catalog.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Part of me hopes that I need to spend another 6 or 7 bills on this crazy awesome new AES2.

But most of me knows it will be a Neo Geo X 2.

I finally saw a Mini up close. What a piece of garbage. It's like George Lucas took over SNK.

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
SNK just doesn't have the capital to make any sort of actual new hardware that's not some FPGA garbage. Most likely this will just be a new mini console maybe for the NGPC.

Gaoh

New Challenger
Well as much as some hate the neo geo mini, it has been immensely successful in Japan, neo geo claims the neo geo 2 will be the true successor to the neo geo and not the mini, but news on depending on which sites claim will have built in games and have a chance to buy and play new games, who knows at this point, i feel it might be a niche system not meant to compete with Sony or Microsoft and Nintendo

https://bbs.ruliweb.com/news/read/121126

Last edited:

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
If your making something like the Mini, it would cost nothing extra to have Internet connectivity. So why not? Make something as cheap as the mini, not intended to compete with the big boys that you can sell new titles on. No need for physical media. I have a feeling this is their strategy.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
PS4 doesn't need a microtransaction phone game, you dunderhead. The last thing players need is for consoles to shift to the customer-gouging microtransaction business model that mobile games use. Anyone who wants to play MSA can do so right now. We all already have phones. It's like you woke up in a bathtub full of ice with stitches on your head because black market organ harvesters took your brain. But the joke was on them, wasn't it?

defalt

Cheng's Errand Boy
The only things we need are new AES, MVS and CARTS ! I'd love to see new official Neo releases.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The only things we need are new AES, MVS and CARTS ! I'd love to see new official Neo releases.
Meh. They're unofficial releases with new plastic shells and PCB's. For collecting purposes I can take or leave them. They're just burning an extra Neo Geo-sized hole in my wallet.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
more than likely this will be an AES classic type thing, SNK doesnt have the ability to make another Neo Geo level library so they'll just recycle their titles. Cartridges are completely impractical so itll be some type of flash memory.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
more than likely this will be an AES classic type thing, SNK doesnt have the ability to make another Neo Geo level library so they'll just recycle their titles. Cartridges are completely impractical so itll be some type of flash memory.

I find this to be likely. A new variation of the old 24bit console

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I would be all for an AES mini, that'd rock and it's probably what they should've done from the start after all everyone else is doing the same thing.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
But why announce both a V2 and a V3?

It's prolly a love letter to us Germans. The V3 was a famous german supergun and could be multi-charged with all kinds of, eh, PCBs. We used to call it Busy Lizzie over here. And V2? Well, that's how we called a Missile... Command cocktail cab. There you have it.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
It's prolly a love letter to us Germans. The V3 was a famous german supergun and could be multi-charged with all kinds of, eh, PCBs. We used to call it Busy Lizzie over here. And V2? Well, that's how we called a Missile... Command cocktail cab. There you have it.

Ok, makes sense! Thanks Oliver!

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
i would actually really like if SNK's new hardware was a proper sequel to the neo-geo pocket color, with 2D arcade style games...

Hine62

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
i would actually really like if SNK's new hardware was a proper sequel to the neo-geo pocket color, with 2D arcade style games...

Neo Geo X? It's too bad that this system didn't fill the gap. Maybe SNK will give us a similar system with good hardware...