...and yet the DNC wonders why they faced so many problems in the election.

Marek

Banned
I was wrong then. It wasn't Poppy. My bad Poppy for pinning that on you. Even though I hate admitting it, since all we do is fight.

I posted the pics of grandma's birthday. They were epic photographs that I wish I'd saved somehow

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I won't argue on that but it makes you the better person if you don't play at the same level they do. To me I look at it in the window of seeing that a child isn't capable of making choices like this since they arn't mature enough to think about the choices their actions might cause.

I don't expect a 10 year-old kid to know how the real world works which still blows my mind how some parents can let their kids be trans without taking into consideration that a choice like that should be made as an adult.

There's no such thing as the better person. It's code for not caring. It's code for not having a passionate response to a problem that someone is subjected to. Typically seen in white priv.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
There's no such thing as the better person. It's code for not caring. It's code for not having a passionate response to a problem that someone is subjected to. Typically seen in white priv.

Eh I'll just agree to disagree with you on that. I'm not vested enough to care about this mess either way. I'm mainly more curious about what happened with Bryce.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
I think the problem is that there's too many uneducated wards in the UK.
What does that say about Scotland and Northern Ireland then? Some pretty sparsely populated areas there, where the nearest university is miles away. And some pretty low income, in some cases bombed out, areas where education takes a back seat to being quick witted and knowing who not to talk to.

I think it might in some cases come down to common sense. Lack of education is one thing, but having a good head on your shoulders is irreplaceable.

Then again NI is having a voting crisis. Where their power sharing agreement between London and Belfast is being dissolved with all power leaving stormont up north and going solely to London. So god knows where things will fall there.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Yay, he did such a good job forecasting the electoral college in this last election.

Some people are way too hard on Nate Silver. I think they forget exactly what his model was, what it was saying, and the context that it appeared in. Even though his odds were trending more toward Clinton near the end, 538 was giving Trump better odds than almost any other poll analysts out there, and Silver was catching a ton of shit for it.

The model also couldn't account well for late-October surprises (the Comey letter) because national polling data doesn't produce a real-time snapshot.

Marek

Banned
Some people are way too hard on Nate Silver. I think they forget exactly what his model was, what it was saying, and the context that it appeared in. Even though his odds were trending more toward Clinton near the end, 538 was giving Trump better odds than almost any other poll analysts out there, and Silver was catching a ton of shit for it.

The model also couldn't account well for late-October surprises (the Comey letter) because national polling data doesn't produce a real-time snapshot.

This.

I got totally reamed for suggesting on dailykos that the polling seemed inaccurate towards a guaranteed clinton landslide

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Pollster, pundits and talking heads have a great deal of responsibility for Trumps win.
You don't think a large number of people were like meh Clinton doesn't really excite me,
anyways she's got a 80-85% chance of winning, so who cares.
Meanwhile those 27-30% of Trump worshipers went out and voted.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
So what about Bryce then?

What about him? Guy was a massive dick to people who didn't agree with him about video games.

Video games.

Grown fucking man child.

Chances are leaving this site was the best thing he did for himself. A lot of people change for the worse here. He was one of them.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
This.

I got totally reamed for suggesting on dailykos that the polling seemed inaccurate towards a guaranteed clinton landslide

That's because you were wrong.

The national polling was very accurate. And the state polling was rather accurate where quality poling was conducted in the weekend before the election.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
What about him? Guy was a massive dick to people who didn't agree with him about video games.

Video games.

Grown fucking man child.

Chances are leaving this site was the best thing he did for himself. A lot of people change for the worse here. He was one of them.

I remember he was pretty opinionated about things but did someone really go as far as to smear campaign him using his irl pictures? I'd only heard that he was just trolled for banning people or something.

Marek

Banned
That's because you were wrong.

The national polling was very accurate. And the state polling was rather accurate where quality poling was conducted in the weekend before the election.

No I wasn't. Nate silver was giving hillary around an 80 percent chance of victory and it was dropping every day before the final count as opposed to every other poll referenced on dkos all of which had her at 94-97% that never showed any signs of waning.

Perhaps I didn't explain myself well. I simply asked why nate silver had hillary dropping every day when the rest were static and got my ass chewed out for even suggesting she was vulnerable.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
No I wasn't. Nate silver was giving hillary around an 80 percent chance of victory and it was dropping every day before the final count as opposed to every other poll referenced on dkos all of which had her at 94-97% that never showed any signs of waning.

Perhaps I didn't explain myself well. I simply asked why nate silver had hillary dropping every day when the rest were static and got my ass chewed out for even suggesting she was vulnerable.

I see what you were saying now.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I remember he was pretty opinionated about things but did someone really go as far as to smear campaign him using his irl pictures? I'd only heard that he was just trolled for banning people or something.

People were rightfully upset that he was banning people. Some of the upset people included all the mods who had no idea that Chimpmeister was using mod powers at all. It was a complete surprise, but not the good kind because members were livid about him effectively being the Nintendo mod.

Marek

Banned
I thought he banned people for posting a picture of him pissing his pants?

I posted those, and rev300mega gave me the link. I posted them because they were too funny not to, and chimp was kind of douchey. I really didn't have any clue what people were so mad at him about. The awkward birthday pics were amazing. I cam still see them vividly in my mind.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member