NEOSD AES Support thread !

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Cheers for this, I thought I might be the only one to have seen something strange when switching regions, as I haven't seen anyone else report similar things on here.

Do you know if this is on the Neo team's radar? I'll ping them a bug report now that it seems less likely to be a n00b error.
Mind you, I might wait a bit as they are obviously a bit busy at the moment ;).

To be honest, this kind of stuff will be easier to track and get support for once their forums open up here soon.

neodev

Neosd Tech
I've noticed on mine [Jpn unmodded console] that if I switch regions through software, results are a crapshoot. Some games are fine, others glitch all over the place. So, I would say if you want completely 100% glitch free everything, leave the region switch alone and stick to whatever your console is. That is for now, at least....at least until a fix is announced.

That sounds like a backram issue, as if it's using the incorrect region backup ram. Can you try deleting (or renaming) the backup ram files for that game? There sould be several files, one for each region and system, rename all.

MobiusStripTech

Mr. Big's Thug
I have noticed an issue while playing Zupapa! where the second player tags in without me having plugged in or touched a second controller. It's happened a couple times on that game.

Good morning guys ... i have a problem with my Neosd AES cart ... i flashing a rom ... "SENGOKU" with the following options : MVS + Cartridge mode - yes ! And now i can't get back on the NEO SD aes cart menu ... i don't know why the A+D+Start combination doesen't work . Anybody know how can i get back there ? Thanks in advance for all your help !

UPDATE : i put on the sd the reset.cfg file and the problem was solved ! I'm on the menu now ... (problem was : - in game trigger - NONE )

Last edited:

neodev

Neosd Tech
Good morning guys ... i have a problem with my Neosd AES cart ... i flashing a rom ... "SENGOKU" with the following options : MVS + Cartridge mode - yes ! And now i can't get back on the NEO SD aes cart menu ... i don't know why the A+D+Start combination doesen't work . Anybody know how can i get back there ? Thanks in advance for all your help !

Does holding start while booting or resetting work? If it doesn't, place thensd card on the pc and rename lastgame.cfg to reset.cfg.

Thank you , sir ! Working ... all GREAT in rest ... was not my fault ... my brother changed the settings last night and i can't explain in this morning why these things happened ! (In game trigger was putted on NONE ... and on the first rubric - GAME)

Have a great week all of you !

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
That sounds like a backram issue, as if it's using the incorrect region backup ram. Can you try deleting (or renaming) the backup ram files for that game? There sould be several files, one for each region and system, rename all.

interesting! I will give that a go, are they easily spotted on the SD card?

shadowtek

n00b
My AES has the UniBios 3.3 installed on it and it seems to be disabling the options particularly the bios ones on the NeoSD AES. When I click the reset button it launches whatever game was flashed despite if i have it set in the options to launch the "menu" instead of "game"

The option to select or change bios from the NeoSD is grayed out as well and when I'm in the game if i hit the special combination of buttons to get back to the menu it pulls up the limited UniBios 3.3 menu and not the NeoSD Menu/game list at all.

Is there a way to set the NeoSD AES so it had priority and can control the bios or is it just locked in that with Unibios 3.3 it takes over control of the NeoSD? Is this set by design? The only way I can get to the game list is if I first turn on the system, hold Start then it will pull up the NeoSD game list and options. Also it seems the games may be locked to whatever the Unibios 3.3 dictates as far as region and such as well.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
My AES has the UniBios 3.3 installed on it and it seems to be disabling the options particularly the bios ones on the NeoSD AES. When I click the reset button it launches whatever game was flashed despite if i have it set in the options to launch the "menu" instead of "game"

The option to select or change bios from the NeoSD is grayed out as well and when I'm in the game if i hit the special combination of buttons to get back to the menu it pulls up the limited UniBios 3.3 menu and not the NeoSD Menu/game list at all.

Is there a way to set the NeoSD AES so it had priority and can control the bios or is it just locked in that with Unibios 3.3 it takes over control of the NeoSD? Is this set by design? The only way I can get to the game list is if I first turn on the system, hold Start then it will pull up the NeoSD game list and options. Also it seems the games may be locked to whatever the Unibios 3.3 dictates as far as region and such as well.

The neoSD gives up control of its region/mode settings to the unibios (when present) because the unibios can control the system a little more accurately than the neoSD can (because its the bios level). It is by design to give the best experiance to the user when the unibios is available.

What you are experiancing sound correct if I understand you correctly. I suspect you have not yet discovered holding A+D+START for a second or so while a game is playing will also force the neoSD gamelist. If A+D+START is not working, maybe you have set that option in the neosd settings to something else.

[edit]
I think I mis read you, so make sure you have not got the neoSD button code to bring back the neoSD game list to one of the button codes used by the unibios. If its set to A+D+START it should not pull up the unibios ingame menu.

Last edited:

shadowtek

n00b
The neoSD gives up control of its region/mode settings to the unibios (when present) because the unibios can control the system a little more accurately than the neoSD can (because its the bios level). It is by design to give the best experiance to the user when the unibios is available.

What you are experiancing sound correct if I understand you correctly. I suspect you have not yet discovered holding A+D+START for a second or so while a game is playing will also force the neoSD gamelist. If A+D+START is not working, maybe you have set that option in the neosd settings to something else.

[edit]
I think I mis read you, so make sure you have not got the neoSD button code to bring back the neoSD game list to one of the button codes used by the unibios. If its set to A+D+START it should not pull up the unibios ingame menu.

Thanks! I did try setting different button codes and that takes me to the bios menu not the NeoSD one even if I change the code on the NeoSD to be something else. That's my biggest issue is right now I have to reset the console to get to the game list. I did try deleting the config file last config or whatever it is, and that didn't seem to help still.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Thanks! I did try setting different button codes and that takes me to the bios menu not the NeoSD one even if I change the code on the NeoSD to be something else. That's my biggest issue is right now I have to reset the console to get to the game list. I did try deleting the config file last config or whatever it is, and that didn't seem to help still.

What button code have you got the neoSD set to use and what version unibios are you using?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I've tried with A+D+Start and with A+C+Start I think. Also, it's Unibios 3.3.

This indicates there is an issue with your controller then. Either your start and select buttons are not working correctly (shorting together) or the fire buttons are shorting. I would suggest going into the unibios controller test (hold down on power on 2UP A+B+C+D) and then test all the buttons on the 1UP side to see where the issue is.

Last edited:

shadowtek

n00b
This indicates there is an issue with your controller then. Either your start and select buttons are not working correctly (shorting together) or the fire buttons are shorting. I would suggest going into the unibios controller test (hold down on power on 2UP A+B+C+D) and then test all the buttons on the 1UP side to see where the issue is.

Interesting I hadn't thought of that, I will test tonight. I want to say I tried two different controllers but I'm not 100% I did. I'll report back!

gamelife00

Rugal's Thug
hi all, I've just bought an AES + NEOSD combo and i've been having graphical issues. the picture is perfectly fine on the NEOSD start up screen but when i load a game i sometimes get a 'jumping' pixel effect. so some pixels are flickering. doesn't seem to effect every game and sometimes the same game will have it and then not. i'm wondering if this is a known issue with the AES NEOSD, for eg, not flashing 100% ? i'm using firmware 1.05, is this the latest version?

many thanks

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
hi all, I've just bought an AES + NEOSD combo and i've been having graphical issues. the picture is perfectly fine on the NEOSD start up screen but when i load a game i sometimes get a 'jumping' pixel effect. so some pixels are flickering. doesn't seem to effect every game and sometimes the same game will have it and then not. i'm wondering if this is a known issue with the AES NEOSD, for eg, not flashing 100% ? i'm using firmware 1.05, is this the latest version?

many thanks

It would be helpfull to neosd if you posted a video of the issue you have.

neodev

Neosd Tech

many thanks

The latest firmware is 1.06, you can download it from the downloads section in www.neosdstore.com . If it doesn't fix them, send us an email to contact at neosdstore dot com with your serial, as we have a newer firmware that fixes glitches in some AES boards.

gamelife00

Rugal's Thug
hi, I've been sent the latest firmware to update first.also, I've read this whole thread and I can see others have had this problem (also, the guy I bought from said he'd never had these issues which I'd strange). Going to try again later after the update and cleaning the power supply contacts to see of that helps. Cheers

shadowtek

n00b

I changed the buttons to something besides A+D+Start to get back to the game menu and that seems to be working now. It still does the regions and such based off what Unibios says which I think is expected and I can live with that. Thanks again!

gamelife00

Rugal's Thug
Cheers neodev, will email if the firmware doesn't fix the issue :)

Hi NeoDev, i've just sent an email to your address for the firmware. i tried 1.06 but still getting the flicker on some games.

ghost pilots seems to always work perfectly but neo turf masters doesn't, so i'm more inclined to believe its a NEOsd issue over an AES one...but i could be wrong of course.

cheers, Rich

Ricard350

n00b
Hi NeoDev, i've just sent an email to your address for the firmware. i tried 1.06 but still getting the flicker on some games.

ghost pilots seems to always work perfectly but neo turf masters doesn't, so i'm more inclined to believe its a NEOsd issue over an AES one...but i could be wrong of course.

cheers, Rich

I have that same issue sometime, the pixel random flickering, it looks like static. It either happens or not during booting, just reset and it will probably be gone with 1 or 2 reset.
I never seen it starting to happen during gameplay, either the game power on with it or not.

It a perfectly manageable 'glitch' for me....

Last edited:

gamelife00

Rugal's Thug
well i installed this newer forced flash update just now (or at least i think i did, because like an idiot i turned the AES off when it was on a blue screen, during update)...but i turned the AES on again and it didn't re-update so i;m guessing it worked, plus so far it seems that the pixel issue is alot better, i only saw a couple moving around on Magician Lord...will keep playing probably tomorrow night a continue to monitor :)

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
hi, I've been sent the latest firmware to update first.also, I've read this whole thread and I can see others have had this problem (also, the guy I bought from said he'd never had these issues which I'd strange). Going to try again later after the update and cleaning the power supply contacts to see of that helps. Cheers

Are you changing the system region in the NeoSD software? Make sure you leave everything set to stock, whatever your system is. Then see if they glitch.

gamelife00

Rugal's Thug
Are you changing the system region in the NeoSD software? Make sure you leave everything set to stock, whatever your system is. Then see if they glitch.

hi, yeh I've got it set to stock BIOS on the Neo SD. the pixel issue seems better, there were a couple on 1 game but when I hit reset and tried again it was fine.

I just wonder why some games are always perfect and others not, maybe its something the neosd dev guys can rectify over time :)