Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

defalt

Cheng's Errand Boy
400 bucks for a NTM manual is a steal :o
The US guy even sold an US MS1 manual some days before... Maybe he bought it from the same JP guy.

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
Doesn't conversion already imply it uses real chips? What the fuck is a fake conversion then? A bootleg of a bootleg?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Doesn't conversion already imply it uses real chips? What the fuck is a fake conversion then? A bootleg of a bootleg?

Theoretically yes, but these days most bootleggers use the term "conversion" since "bootleg" is a bad word, even though they use eproms and sometimes non-SNK pcbs.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member

People will say anything to sell their shit. It's not like there's an official body defining what is and isn't a conversion.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
The 00001 Waku waku 7 is interesting, how much would that increase the value? Ww7 is about 100-150 on MVS so maybe 300ish for having the first copy?

ULTRA 4TH GEN

Armored Scrum Object
Screenshot-20191216-171641-e-Bay.jpg

Only 3 hours for The Final Countdown... +14K

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Good old kennyboy still selling “put together” kits for the real price of a full original matching serial kit. :tickled:

LonelyWarbler

Crazed MVS Addict
Good old kennyboy still selling “put together” kits for the real price of a full original matching serial kit. :tickled:

Whats that guy's deal? I came across that auction while browsing for Garou. He slips conversions in alongside what looks to be normal auctions and puts the details in the description. Is he a scammer?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
He's not a scammer, just a bit on the slimy side. He's been getting shit on this forum for years for overcharging noobs who don't know any better.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
He's not a scammer, just a bit on the slimy side. He's been getting shit on this forum for years for overcharging noobs who don't know any better.

He also did try to pass a US Overtop conversion w/ manual as an original home cart on eBay.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Anyone have any idea if this is actually a legit promo copy of KOF 94 on NGCD? I'm not at all interested, but if legit I've never seen this in my 20+ years in the Neo scene. There are 3 on Ebay for over $5000! :eek:

https://ebay.to/39CmX5z

Last edited:

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
Anyone have any idea if this is actually a legit promo copy of KOF 94 on NGCD? I'm not at all interested, but if legit I've never seen this in my 20+ years in the Neo scene. There are 3 on Ebay for over $5000! :eek:

https://ebay.to/39CmX5z

I can't speak to the Neo Geo CD specifically, but I can say I have seen similar US promo games ranging from Sega CD through Dreamcast where the disc is pressed as a retail game, but there is no silk screened artwork. I can't really see the inside of the disc particularly well, but assuming this isn't a label-less Hong Kong silver bootleg, it seems real to me.

However, the fact this comes with the retail insert and manual seems suspect. If those originally went along with it, they probably would have had the disc art ready too. I would guess those were matched to this long after the fact to make the auction look more enticing. This is all speculation though.