MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

LDigital

n00b
Any estimate on the public release of the new fw? I saw gadgets vid today about the beta fw and it looks great

gunaska

n00b
Hello,

small update about the shells (again)
Shells are produced, factory will ship those to us on monday.

If anyone needs to change shipping address, please modify the shipping details on the webshop.

Thanks

why ignore me again?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Wow, so many inpatient noobs, I feel bad for NeoSD, guy works hard to get things done.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Any estimate on the public release of the new fw? I saw gadgets vid today about the beta fw and it looks great

As soon as we get some air, firmware is ready to be released, we finished AES version last friday and we were waiting for more user feedback ...

So many pending things right now, i still were not able to answer the emails from this weekend, sorry about that guys, i will answer those tomorrow.

Sorry, the day dosen´t has more hours.

Grendell

Morden's Lackey
hello wanted to show my mvs and aes card and maybe help with someting that can happen to some of you in the near future :D i had the mvs board since last jear , one / two weeks ago i got my aes card and the shell for the mvs board , i put the mvs board in to the shell and i had the probem to get the board straight , every time i put it together it was slightly mismatched , someone in here had the same problem but i forgot how he soved it

there is something leftover from produktion (marked red) , i did removed it around the board and now it fits

Edit: if someone uses this picture to assemble their board and shell please keep in mind i am playing on a Omega cmvs , this picure here shows the back of the shell and in this shell i flipped the board so the sd slot is on the left side ( arrow on the board is my front side ) this may be different on other mvs / cmvs motherboards
02.jpg03.jpg

and a last picture ;D
test.jpg

Last edited:

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
why ignore me again?

Cuz china?

Relax buddy. Add some powdered rhino horn to your morning tea. It not only relieves stress but also prevents cancer.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Any and all complaints from Chinese members should be directed to their local Neo-Geo.com imperialist overseer. In this case it would be our lovely LoneSage if I'm not mistaken.

fille1976

Crossed Swords Squire
ok neosd,then i got my my neosd aes and my mvs shell,nice next week for me,thx for your hard work,appreciated.

fille1976

Crossed Swords Squire
my neosd aes and my shell are shipped from friday,probably tuesday or wednesday there here.

fille1976

Crossed Swords Squire
neosd aes and my mvs shell arrived well,thx neosd,great job.
pictures are here.
now its just waiting for the new firmware.

1okfaa.jpg

26390nq.jpg

Last edited:

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
Now that I've had my SD a while I have to say it's a great product. I've seen complaints elsewhere about loading times and how the 'vapourware competitor' will be better, but that's just nonsense as far as I can see. It would only ever be an issue if you weren't putting any time in to a game that you've flashed in and were constantly switching games every few minutes, which I would guess most of the people complaining about it do. For them I guess it's all about the "yeah, I've played that" retro points than the actual gaming itself.

NeoSD is an awesome product had it from day one. Looking forward to receive my shell (any day/week now?) as those look badass.

neosd

Neosd Developer
NeoSD is an awesome product had it from day one. Looking forward to receive my shell (any day/week now?) as those look badass.

Hello,

Sorry about not answering before, last weeks have been crazy.

I just want to let you know guys that (ofcourse) we have honored our promise, we have shipped EVERY free shell by Correos (its egistered mail, so you will have to sign to pick it)

I want to apologize for not bein able to do it before.
When we started NEOSD project, we knew boards manufacturing was going to be hard. You always get a failure rate while manufacturing, you may find an issue you can´t fix by software and have to ask customers for a recall, or even worst, ask your customers to solder wires on your product. To avoid that we spent 3 months trying the final board layout on a lot of boards.
We were really happy thinking nothing would ruin the factoring process/user experience, we never thought something like those stupid plastics pieces would have any science.

So for the last months, i traveled a lot of times to shells factory, to improve the final pieces. Free shells put us in a hard situation cause we didn´t want to pay more than what we agreeded with the facgtory (this was already A LOT of money), and they weren´t happy doing changes on the mold. You guys can´t imagine how many times the owner of the factory told me "my workers wont touch your mold anymore". I just had to eat that shit and not argue with him, i just wanted a good job, just what we payed a pile of money for.
For some reason the owner of the factory thought he could do a low quality job and charge us an insane pile of money for that ...

So with this situation was :

Every time they put the mold on the machines, only 20% of the produced pieces were ok, the rest had issues. So what we did was take those good pieces and put it on new orders. We never had enough shells to even ship 50% of the free shells at once. They were doing changes on the mold, producing shells, doing changes on the mold, producing shells ....

With this situation, we had two choices :
a) pay the final part of the mold (this was the main reason why they ended fixing the mold, but not the only one ...) and get shells for everyone
b) insist to the factory to fix imperfections and give us a good mold, then pay the lst part of the mold and build a large shells batch.

It was a hard decision, cause people keept sending emails about the free shells, and this ends generating a hard situation not only on us, but on you guys, aswel.
On the other hand, we had StoneAge gamer waiting for an order, we had not enough shells to process theyr order aswel. Now shells situation is solved, we have sent theyr order and they have NEOSD in stock in USA.

Well, we took the decision to have a good mold, it took a lot of time and effor, but we did it.
You guys had to wait far much more than we expected/wanted.
We had to deal with that.
All i can say is : sorry, we have learnt the lesson and we will do our best to not have to deal with this anymore for future projects.

Our main goal has always been to have everyone happy, and make money while doing that, to be able to develop other things we as gamers, want to own.

On the other way, 10.6 firmware is ready, we dind´t wanted to release it until the free shells were shipped, for but this is not the only reason, we were waiting (and we still are), for someone to release it (for a good reason). Just give us a bit more of time before release it please, it may be next week, or in 2 weeks. We want do this the good way :)

Alex,

Last edited: