Post a Pic of your CMVS, AES or Neo CD............

NucaCola

Rugal's Thug
Send it to Xian Xi

I don't know, I would think about it but he seems to be going through some kind of crisis with his "closing up shop" topic. I'd figure it'd be rude if I just PMed him saying "Hey that's too bad your going though some trouble right now, btw fix my AES kthanksbye."
Also, does he really live in Hawaii?

ChiefofSB

Geese's Thug
I don't know, I would think about it but he seems to be going through some kind of crisis with his "closing up shop" topic. I'd figure it'd be rude if I just PMed him saying "Hey that's too bad your going though some trouble right now, btw fix my AES kthanksbye."
Also, does he really live in Hawaii?

That's the whole point of him thinking about closing shop is that business is too slow, having him to fix it will be helping.

NucaCola

Rugal's Thug
That's the whole point of him thinking about closing shop is that business is too slow, having him to fix it will be helping.
Well that's good to know, what does he normally charge for composite cable repair and Unibios upgrading?

Ghudda

New Challenger
Received my first CMVS not long ago; a Xian Xi original made a few years back. I adopted the console from another member on the forums and am pumped to start playing the NG library.
Huge props to Xian Xi for generously updating the video-out according to the PVM Scart Cable I purchased, free of charge.
I actually really appreciate the clean, compact project box used for the console. Completely reasonably priced, minimalist, and durable.

I thought i'd take some quick photos and show off this classic Xian Xi build!

Last edited:

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
Received my first CMVS not long ago; a Xian Xi original made a few years back. I adopted the console from another member on the forums and am pumped to start playing the NG library.
Huge props to Xian Xi for generously updating the video-out according to the PVM Scart Cable I purchased, free of charge.
I actually really appreciate the clean, compact project box used for the console. Completely reasonably priced, minimalist, and durable.

I thought i'd take some quick photos and show off this classic Xian Xi build!

You get what you pay for when you buy from James, I sent a 4 slot to him for repair awhile back and not only did he swap out all the faulty chips that were acting up he even slotted them for easy replacement if they fail again somewhere down the road, I didn't even realize it until I popped open the board to plug in a unibios chip

redmec

n00b
Hi, this is my first comment in the forum, and would like to present my CMVS NeoGenesis.
5ouhrt.jpg
wl7vgl.jpg
34yo51t.jpg
2qupzpu.jpg

SAM_1133.JPG
the encoder
SAM_1166.JPG

this is a video you record with another of my CMVS

city41

Aero Fighters Flyboy
10 Year Member
Hi, this is my first comment in the forum, and would like to present my CMVS NeoGenesis.

Nice work. I won't really be impressed until you do this to a Genesis 3 though.

redmec

n00b
Thank you! XD
The dimension of the sega genesis 3 are not compatible with the MV-1C model (the smallest size)

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
not too bead, clean drilling and all. But damn, I dislike it when people solder unto the JAMMA-Edge, there's better points for that and reversible too.

I'd be worried if I stuck the encoder on top of the chips, don't they at least need a little ventilation? Maybe I'm overly anal though.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
not too bead, clean drilling and all. But damn, I dislike it when people solder unto the JAMMA-Edge, there's better points for that and reversible too.

I'd be worried if I stuck the encoder on top of the chips, don't they at least need a little ventilation? Maybe I'm overly anal though.

Nothing wrong with soldering to the JAMMA edge in a CMVS. In fact, that's the way it's been done before these mass produced units. They were almost all soldered to the edge. In some enclosures that have enough room, a harness can be used but on others it's impossible. If you want a JAMMA connector to be used then make a supergun since in essence that's what you want in the end if you want to be able to use your board in it's native habitat. Consolizing is supposed to be something permanent for the board. If you use a quality board then you won't need to replace it.

Master Tasuke

Pathetic Meat Sack, Doll Fucker and Collector of J
my trash-tastic L/R-STEREO RCA modded AES. i need to get it off to Xi to be UNIBIOSed one of these days if he is still doing the service.

also, i need at least a fresh top body half, -preferably a TOP/BOTTOM set- to correct the dumb ass ill-thought-out fucking noob mistakes i made
in searching for the best exit point for those RCA output leads. that, friends, is called not planning ahead before going X-ACTO happy;

NEO-GEOAESMODDEDJOHN9-14-141_zpsb226a403.jpg

NEO-GEOAESMODDEDJOHN9-14-142_zpsd810808a.jpg

NEO-GEOAESMODDEDJOHN9-14-143_zps0edfb749.jpg

total noob mod-work, all self performed;

NEO-GEOAESMODDEDJOHN9-14-144_zps2354df08.jpg

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
MT, you have a thing for feet I've noticed. Any particular reason for the foot fetish? Serious question not trolling.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Nothing wrong with soldering to the JAMMA edge in a CMVS. In fact, that's the way it's been done before these mass produced units. They were almost all soldered to the edge. In some enclosures that have enough room, a harness can be used but on others it's impossible. If you want a JAMMA connector to be used then make a supergun since in essence that's what you want in the end if you want to be able to use your board in it's native habitat. Consolizing is supposed to be something permanent for the board. If you use a quality board then you won't need to replace it.
Yeah, you're right. Still, being able to swap out the board or use it in a cab at a later time seem like worthy advantages to me. The cabs are what these were made for and what I'd consider part of the MVS style. I agree with you that a board played is better than a board lying around to be "conserved" for whatever, the custom chips will fail all by themselves eventually. Aren't there other points to connect/solder to anyway? So the Edge (and the possibility to use the board inside a cab) can stay intact even though you consolize the board?

Master Tasuke

MT, you have a thing for feet I've noticed. Any particular reason for the foot fetish? Serious question not trolling.

no functional practical purpose, it just looks good to me, in much the same way asthe large isolators
on some of the better late-1980's/mid-2000's japanese Audio-A/V gear do. it just looks "Right" personal preference, of course.

some excellent examples;

VSX-47TX2-24-141_zps7b7ab942.jpg

BDP-09FD5-3-121_zpsd609850c.jpg

D-10003-1-121.jpg

PioneerA-91Gallerie1024.jpg

VSX-953.jpg

CT-931.png

DV-38A1.jpg

CT-91SR1.jpg

PL-901-1.jpg

CT-91a7.jpg

VSX-9521.jpg

A-90D1.jpg

- i still have the isolator feet on my SEGA GENESIS, -since i think they look swell-
but that mod actually began with a good practical reason; so the heavy MONSTER CABLE stereo minijack~L/R RCA cable
i was using at the time could be slung under the console, zip-tied along the underside ventilation slots,
because it took weight and strain off the consoles' PHONES jack, and it looked neat and clean;

DSC_0742.jpg

- today, however, i have my Genny modded for rear-mounted RCA output much like how i've done with the AES,
but without the fuck-ups in the body shell from in finding a suitable outlet for the cord that my AES suffers from...

Last edited:

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
awesome cmvs, love the garou symbol on it! im hoping to get a uni bios in my aes and to customize it a bit!

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
no functional practical purpose, it just looks good to me, in much the same way asthe large isolators
on some of the better late-1980's/mid-2000's japanese Audio-A/V gear do. it just looks "Right" personal preference, of course.

some excellent examples;

edited out stupid shit

- i still have the isolator feet on my SEGA GENESIS, -since i think they look swell-
but that mod actually began with a good practical reason; so the heavy MONSTER CABLE stereo minijack~L/R RCA cable
i was using at the time could be slung under the console, zip-tied along the underside ventilation slots,
because it took weight and strain off the consoles' PHONES jack, and it looked neat and clean;

edit: more unrelated crap

- today, however, i have my Genny modded for rear-mounted RCA output much like how i've done with the AES,
but without the fuck-ups in the body shell from in finding a suitable outlet for the cord that my AES suffers from...

Dude, you have a way of spamming a thread with pictures of your shit that have NO FUCKING RELEVANCE to the topic at hand.

:oh_no:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

DSC_0742.jpg

I think the feet look good on audio equipment but are way too big for video game consoles.

Master Tasuke

it was a design staple of numerous Japanese brands in the 80's/90's, actually.
a lot of it has carried over to current day, but the design theme was at it's most widespread from about 1987~2005 or so...

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
The feet look good on large av equipment but kinda funny on the Genesis. That genesis made me think...

lifted-truck-off-road.jpg