Razion & Fast Striker MVS reprints just went on sale *GUNLORD AES added 5/17*

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
NGdev isn't Nintendo bro. They can't pump out thousands of carts at once. I could imagine manufacturing these carts probably isn't cheap either.
Nobody said they have to manufacture thousands. Make a small run. When those sell out, make another small run. It isn't rocket science. They are losing sales by always being out of stock.

Another option, if they can't afford the expendature of keeping stock, would be to just do reprint pre-orders more often. Or some kind of interest-check, and once enough people have shown interest, do a small run.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Lol. I agree, gunlord is one of the Ngdev games I enjoyed playing. Never played the later shooters like Razion, Fast Striker, and Neo xyx. Still held on to my DC version of Gunlord but the Neo Version I hear is better.

Yeah man, that's what I have as well. The DC game is great but there are some fixes on the Neo version, while DC is 1.0 Neo is 1.3, so I'm guessing is a smoother experience? I feel the game is amazing as is, yes the BGM loop can be a bit off but that's a small matter, OST still awesome. I'm a little torn, I really would like to play this on a cab, playing on AES...dunno if it's worth it for me, the DC performs pretty well, also as much as I like the JP AES art for this reprint, man the original art feels more awesome, amazing concept art for that one, having Vanessa Gaiden's bum on the reprint back cover doesn't hurt though...perv to the end.

I haven't pre-ordered the AES JP yet...itching on the trigger though...

Edit: As for the other games, I did manage to get another 3 on DC. Fast Striker didn't really click with me, feels too homebrewy IMHO. Last Hope Pink Bullets felt pretty decent, not worth a cart for me though. Neo XYX is actually really good, apparently the DC version can't be 1CC, chempop explained it to me, I'm not at that level on shmups, the Neo version has been fixed, re-balanced, I think it's worth the MVS cart as well.

Haven't played Razion, looks really good, but it's hard to commit without having the chance to play it. MVS is the way to go, I mean, to me at least these games would be fun for a cab more than a console but then again AES is ok.

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Hey DJ, you should give Razion MVS a try. It's a very nice shmup IMO and pretty sure if you dislike it, you can get your money back in almost no time.

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
Hey DJ, you should give Razion MVS a try. It's a very nice shmup IMO and pretty sure if you dislike it, you can get your money back in almost no time.

Razion MVS looks nice, but it didn't really click for me. There's enough sprite flicker in the later levels to mask the bullets flying at you, resulting in cheap deaths. The obvious reuse of art and design assets from ReDux on Dreamcast doesn't help it either. Fast Striker and Neo XYX are much more to my tastes - I wish they'd do more games in the Neo XYX style with colorful hand-drawn pixel art instead of dithered CGI renders.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Well, my Gunlord and Last Hope MVS re-prints arrived! =D One thing I was surprised about, its just the game only (Last Hope has a DIP sheet), but no mini marquee etc. Maybe that's what regular edition is? Does Fast Striker and Razion come with anything other than DIP sheet?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Well, my Gunlord and Last Hope MVS re-prints arrived! =D One thing I was surprised about, its just the game only (Last Hope has a DIP sheet), but no mini marquee etc. Maybe that's what regular edition is? Does Fast Striker and Razion come with anything other than DIP sheet?

My old ones had no mini marquee or dip sheet. Gunlord and Last Hope.

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,

Do they still come in wood shells? or are they plastic? can you post a pic of them? :P

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Do they still come in wood shells? or are they plastic? can you post a pic of them? :P
The front of the Last Hope is a bit deformed as you can see. To be fair, they did say that on their website that the ABS shells can have inperfections.

Just black plastic!IMG_3131.jpg

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,

Their website said the reprints will be plastic shells. I think the wood shells were mostly on the LE versions.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Their website said the reprints will be plastic shells. I think the wood shells were mostly on the LE versions.

Good news since the wood shells suck ass.

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
Good news since the wood shells suck ass.

To each their own. Personally, I love the wood shells and am sad that NG Dev won't be using them for Kraut Buster and their future releases.

If anyone wants to trade me their wood shell Last Hope PB or Gunlord for the plastic shell equivalent, shoot me a PM.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
To each their own. Personally, I love the wood shells and am sad that NG Dev won't be using them for Kraut Buster and their future releases.

If anyone wants to trade me their wood shell Last Hope PB or Gunlord for the plastic shell equivalent, shoot me a PM.

The wood shells do not correctly fit into cart slots and scratch easily. They look nice but it's not practical if you want to play the games.

I have mine on the kit box, replaced them with plastic ones.

Same here.

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
The wood shells do not correctly fit into cart slots and scratch easily. They look nice but it's not practical if you want to play the games.

They fit my Omega CMVS just fine - there's no rubbing between the cart and console at all. But I totally understand how fitting issues can happen with other (C)MVS cart slots - the wooden carts are noticeably thicker than the plastic carts. Still seems like something they could have / should have addressed before giving up on the wooden shells altogether. Oh well.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
They fit my Omega CMVS just fine - there's no rubbing between the cart and console at all. But I totally understand how fitting issues can happen with other (C)MVS cart slots - the wooden carts are noticeably thicker than the plastic carts. Still seems like something they could have / should have addressed before giving up on the wooden shells altogether. Oh well.

Maybe the wood expanded in mine due to the humidity here but I had problems with MV4 and MV1C.

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
Maybe the wood expanded in mine due to the humidity here but I had problems with MV4 and MV1C.

True, the expansion and contraction of the wood from moisture is definitely a drawback as well. I live in a desert climate, so maybe I'm lucky? You could always throw your cart in a dehumidifier for a few hours before playing it. :lolz:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I have a Gunlord LE in their blue translucent shell, looks great. It would've been nice if that was their standard shell, but it is what it is I suppose. Not a big deal in either case.

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
I have a Gunlord LE in their blue translucent shell, looks great. It would've been nice if that was their standard shell, but it is what it is I suppose. Not a big deal in either case.

I had a Razion in the blue translucent shell - I happily traded it straight-across for a wooden shell.

It is a nice shell though - pity the reprints don't use it. I had a reprint of Last Hope Pink Bullets arrive today, and it has a cheap-feeling black shell with the same deformities that GadgetUK posted about above.

Last edited:

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Never mind. - worked it out I think. You get 7 credits on AES mode.

Last edited:

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
There will be an update 1.3 for owners of the GL MVS 1st print ?

Email NG Dev and they'll hook you up with the patch. You'll have to take your boards out of the cart shell and plug them into a computer with a USB cable to apply the patch.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Just got shipping info for Fast Striker.