Neo Geo X prices seem to already be going up

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
Goddamn, this sure went places.

My previous comment was coming from similar place to what Gohan said earlier. You're describing the system as a great mainstream type solution for "normal people", but even a less flawed NGX would have had a tough time breaking out of its niche.

The average person is mostly better served by the ports that have existed since SNK walked away from the platform. They're going to have a much better experience out of something like Garou on PS4 @ $15. For those that become more interested in the library after a modest start, there are plenty of convenient official and unofficial emulators that can deliver a great experience at a small cost.

Ultimately, the NGX is just a shame. Squandered potential. And because of this, it will continue to leave a fairly sour taste with most people frequenting this place and others like it.

MAYAman

n00b
Goddamn, this sure went places.

My previous comment was coming from similar place to what Gohan said earlier. You're describing the system as a great mainstream type solution for "normal people", but even a less flawed NGX would have had a tough time breaking out of its niche.

The average person is mostly better served by the ports that have existed since SNK walked away from the platform. They're going to have a much better experience out of something like Garou on PS4 @ $15. For those that become more interested in the library after a modest start, there are plenty of convenient official and unofficial emulators that can deliver a great experience at a small cost.

Ultimately, the NGX is just a shame. Squandered potential. And because of this, it will continue to leave a fairly sour taste with most people frequenting this place and others like it.

Good response, I agree it was mishandled by Tommo. I have all the releases on PSP, Vita, and other platforms but have been playing most of them on the NGX. It just feels the best to me and my nephews. YMMV.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
You see, here is the problem. You insinuate that someone is angry at selling their collection, then you yourself get angry when someone responds. That is called baiting. Are you trying to insinuate that I can't or that I'm trying to flex? What is E flexing? Is that a thing? I merely stated that I regret nothing and can at any point get the entire collection back if I wanted, which I can. I just spent 50k developing the most realistic driving simulator in the world for private use, so I can assure you, the AES library is not a hurdle. http://www.isrtv.com/motion-simulator/wil-mayaman-tosados-mind-blowing-porsche-motion-rig/

How am I "baiting" you????

I don't care how much money you have or what you do, you come across like a huge asshole.

So if you don't want people responding to your obvious bait post, then don't post it and then get angry.

But if I was "baiting" you, woudn't I want you to respons? Wouldn't that be the point?

Lastly, any point made about the "millenials" or "people who spend hundreds on a cart" aren't directly aimed at you genius. Its aimed at the people who will do backflips to assure that the value of their collections doesn't take a hit. They will downplay, destroy, talk shit about anything that does anything to hurt that perceived value.

The NGX is garbage, plain and simple.

And I'm the elitist fuck for embracing the so called shit NGX. Holy hell lol.

I'm pretty sure the definition of "elitist" ISN't what you think it is.

Guess you didn't read my post or you have problems with comprehension. Read again, its pretty plain why that was added. But you go on and twist it any way you want. Lots here are good at that.

Holy shit, can you just respond to something without being suuuuuch a massive cock?

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I don't hate on the NGX like most, but it really is subpar emulation that never got a decent update. A Raspberry Pi can do a much better job and the NGX sticks will work on them.

I quit paying attention after all the bitching I read here as the whole original massive thread on the device, then hacking it devolved into pure hatred. Did anyone ever come up with a custom firmware or custom build of the stolen emulator to make things right on the system? I recall you can get access to such things, but none of the details as I was just lurking back then. It makes me wonder, if someone could throw a proper working emulator into the NGX, and have that nice converter card you can throw whatever ROMS you want on so you get the full (or full enough of a) library going, maybe it wouldn't be so bad. It's a big IF though because if the emulator still sucks, no amount of other fixes is going to make it suck less where it matters.

I ended up viewing the device much like the current Genesis ATGames flashback handheld, it works, many won't realize it's a problem, but anyone familiar enough will consider it annoying to grating. Unlike Tommo which got their ass handed to them, at least this year ATGames is scrapping that firecore piece of shit and going with a new system setup that fixes the broken audio, graphics problems, and lack of saving among other issues if anyone here is a Genesis fan.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
at least this year ATGames is scrapping that firecore piece of shit and going with a new system setup that fixes the broken audio, graphics problems, and lack of saving among other issues if anyone here is a Genesis fan.

Tanooki, do you have a link to additional info about this new improved atgames genesis release? Their genesis unit was region free and I would love to be able to finally play my yuu yuu hakusho cart without a game genie or japanese megadrive hardware...

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
Tanooki, do you have a link to additional info about this new improved atgames genesis release? Their genesis unit was region free and I would love to be able to finally play my yuu yuu hakusho cart without a game genie or japanese megadrive hardware...

I really wish that SEGA had handled this one internally, like Nintendo did with the NES Classic... Sure, there are some plusses to the ATGames (e.g. cartridge slot, price) but it's a bit sad on the quality and passion department. I spotted this link in these boards yesterday and was just floored. While the NGX and others of its kind haven't quite done this concept justice, the promise of a well put together classic micro console is still damn enticing.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
EDIT: Found it --> http://atariage.com/forums/topic/259845-does-anyone-collect-flashbacks/?p=3651557

I had found a story on another website, someone had talked to an ATGames employee who let the cat out of the bag about the 2017 lineup so I asked him knowing he was an employee. I had written: I got word next years Flashback for Genesis (both style) will scrap the broken GOAC setup for an emulation box like Coleco/Int/Atari uses. All the things that piss people off with ratty audio, sketchy gfx fails (like Contra being unplayable as stage1 BG won't scroll) and other oddities are a thing of the past. I'll buy that, no questions asked on that one.

And to save you having to click links here's the post:
"For those of you who collect these things from AtGames, you'll have your hands full in 2017. We're talking at least 7 traditional hardware SKUs, though there will be some redundancy there. We're also considering some other hardware-based products that don't use the traditional plug and play format.

And yes, Tanooki, your rumor source is mostly true in that most of the hardware products will be moving to new hardware platforms that will no longer have the legacy issues (although, as I stated elsewhere, new issues may be introduced, but certainly nothing related to AV), but it's not quite as straightforward as that. In any case, there will be significant feature boosts, both in terms of hardware and software performance, that I think will make everyone happy. I think the only potential disappointment for some fans is that we're not going to add a cartridge or SD card slot to the Flashback 8 series, although that will see a big boost in game count, among other extremely enticing features."

Last edited:

MAYAman

n00b
You won't even defend yourself.

Your opinion is invalid.

Hehe you're funny. If I respond I'm a cock, if I don't respond I'm invalid. Typical neck beard stuff. Its illogical to debate with someone who insults with profanity, rages, and flip flops as to how they expect someone to respond. Again, have a great night.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
^ look at this fuckin wombat. :tickled:

It was garbage, now it's called Neo-Geo Switch and has conceptual precursor status. Just take the handheld out of the console and... etc. etc.

You're a funny guy :keke:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Hehe you're funny. If I respond I'm a cock, if I don't respond I'm invalid. Typical neck beard stuff. Its illogical to debate with someone who insults with profanity, rages, and flip flops as to how they expect someone to respond. Again, have a great night.

No, WHEN you respond you're a cock. When you can't defend the statements you yourself make because you're argument doesn't have a leg to stand on, then you're invalid.

But, hey, it's cool, that elitist attitude you got there fits you.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
For the price they are now, I rather use the money to get a dank ass fightstick I can use on any computer and emulate. That is unless you don't have a decent computer for emulation, then rip.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
That is unless you don't have a decent computer for emulation, ...

He spent some 50K on a fake Porsche, naturally there's no room for a decent computer within his budgetary margins... that's "the result of the last two and a half years of his life".

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I haven't kept up with this thread - I just keep seeing it get new posts and can't help but think "WHY ARE PEOPLE STILL TALKING ABOUT THIS?!" But seriously...this is like having a thread that goes on for days about an android handheld.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

Your the one who made the bold Statement calling people who buy Neo Carts and original hardware on aes or mvs are Elitist. So let's all be like you and sell off all the stuff we own or like and replace it with knock off shit. This is not a knock on people who own a Neo-Geo X, I honestly could care less how people play Neo Games.

Stick to making Steering Wheels bro.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
There needs to be something that flags any post with "Neo Geo X" in it and send it straight to the war room

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
now this I can get behind. (pun intended)

There's even a joke in it about
:lolz:

but srsly: there are many and better alternatives to the NGX, in every field. undeniable fact.

It's the hardware equivalent of internet trolling