Post Your Recent Purchases!

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
Picked up a Truxton board the other day, pretty cool to see how it compares to the genesis version...

truxton post.jpg

Last edited:

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
That PCB protector is pretty sweet. I've seen the Cave sized ones but not these. Did it come with the board?

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
I'm wondering why there aren't protectors for PCB plexiglass enclosures.

Yeahhhh I store all my pcb's like that, it is a tad ridiculous...but I'm a picky asshole about how I store things...

It's about $15 worth of plexi, plastic standoffs and screws at Ace hardware...so it's relatively cheap if anybody wants to do the same...

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
I never understood why more PCB collectors don't make plexiglass enclosures for their PCBs.

Looks like a nice way to trap in heat. Cool looking case though, I just hope whoever made it used anti-static acrylic.

I'm wondering why there aren't protectors for PCB plexiglass enclosures.

but then you would need a box protector for the box protector protecting the acrylic.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Looks like a nice way to trap in heat. Cool looking case though, I just hope whoever made it used anti-static acrylic.

iStock_36733378_wide.jpg

ChuChu Flamingo

10 Year Member
Come on man you need to brainstorm some more ideas, variety is the spice of life. These fortune cookie aphorism jokes are getting stale and almost as old as you.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member

Has to be joke? It's an open air enclosure. There are tens of thousands of arcade pcb's that were encased in plastic with little to no ventilation that still function 100% today. Point of fact - the most reliable pcb's are the ones that are in cartridge enclosures.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Has to be joke? It's an open air enclosure. There are tens of thousands of arcade pcb's that were encased in plastic with little to no ventilation that still function 100% today. Point of fact - the most reliable pcb's are the ones that are in cartridge enclosures.

Mike, don't even try to bewlshit us. You know that heat led to unstable air, which led to bit rot, which led to unstable framerates and input lag.

madman

No, it's no joke. You should see the shit he says in chat. You guys only experience a fraction of his 'burgers on the forum.

Last edited:

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Quantum fluctuations in thermal radiation have been know to catalyze the instability of electrons and their constituent leptons.

ChuChu Flamingo

10 Year Member

But yeah a lot of those case based pcbs from my experience generally have fewer ic's than boards without cases (unless we are talking about games that came in big ass computer cases). That alone probably contributes to why more are working vs boards with a shit ton of ic chips. When I think of games that came in cases I usually think of MVS,CPS2,PGM,some JP CPS1 games, F3 and then you got the computer based case hardware. There is a lot more of course. At least it isn't nowhere near as bad as what fuck tard Luke morse did where he made enclosures for all his games that he calls "PCB sandwiches" or people running their games in bubble wrap baggies like the ones you see from Japan shops.

the point I was making is if you keep that horizontal and play for extended periods of time the ambient temperature is going to be much higher than say, having it caseless. Whether that affects the lifespan of a game that has been on for years on end in any meaningful way is really unknown. Thermal cycles are really what kills games imo. A lot of these boards really should've been fit with heatsinks and had fans as its really thermal cycles that destroy these games

I think the acrylic case idea is good overall, it removes mechanical stress from the equation and makes swapping boards ez. I just hope you used anti-static acrylic as it can build up a big ass charge over time and POTENTIALLY kill your boards. Does anyone remember when Chempop pointed this out at the collectard cave acrylic case thread over here?

Last edited:

madman

ChuChu's diner is open for business. Cookin' dem 'burgers since 2010.

grilled-burgers.jpg

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger, no coke...pepsi, Cheeseburger...

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Picked up a Truxton board the other day, pretty cool to see how is compares to the genesis version...

View attachment 46458

Wow, that does look fucking sweet!

Picked up a few games last week while visiting family.

NES:

Guerrilla War
Tetris
Legendary Wings

SMS:

Altered Beast

N64:

Gauntlet Legends
Castlevania 64

Last edited: