Post Your Recent Purchases!

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
I got a Switch too. Getting the setup ready for Crimzon Clover World Explosion 10/29

switch city small.jpg

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
After many delays I finally got the new PC Engine LCD screen from Amazon JP. I expected it to be garbage, but it’s actually pretty cool for what it is. Crazy you can power the entire thing via USB. I still need to try the AV and HDMI out but I’m again not expecting much.

10a95f03d42e6642792b054b545871fd.jpg
Bit of a shame they didn't use a 4:3 lcd panel and they should have made it a little bit bigger. Als does the video put do rgb or only composite?

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Finally, got my first AES stick: now I understand why people swap the four buttons for Sanwa parts, but I absolutely love the throw of the stick. I suck at fighting games, and suddenly I'm pullin' off super moves in Breakers... I know, not a big deal for most players, but it is for me.

Next to the stick, another purchase from a fellow forum member :buttrock:

mWxfdj5.jpg

Hine62

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I always thought this tread should be titled, "Post your recent purchase and address!"

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Finally, got my first AES stick: now I understand why people swap the four buttons for Sanwa parts, but I absolutely love the throw of the stick. I suck at fighting games, and suddenly I'm pullin' off super moves in Breakers... I know, not a big deal for most players, but it is for me.

Next to the stick, another purchase from a fellow forum member :buttrock:

mWxfdj5.jpg

Nice, that stick looks to be super clean. Hard to beat the og sticks with new buttons.

Few scores over last few weeks.

2600:

Wizard of Wor

Master system:

Golden Axe
Vigilante

Og Xbox:

Totaled
Wreckless
Test Drive eve of destruction
Midway Arcade Treasures 3

360:

Aliens colonial marines

Xbox1:

Tony Stewart's all American racing

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Nice, that stick looks to be super clean. Hard to beat the og sticks with new buttons.

Thanks... a quick, light pass of Novus 2 works miracles with this kind of plastic (it can even remove scratches) ;)

Now I need to replace the crackled ball top, I'd like to keep the 30mm size and try to match the original color.

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Replaced mine with 30 mm Seimitsu LB-30 black. Yours doesn't look too terrible though.

It doesn't look too bad 'cause the pic's out of focus, here's one before cleaning... as you can see the crackling's quite severe ;)

Thanks for the info, by the way! Wish Seimitsu did a dark grey ball top, but I guess it'll be close enough...

k2zdN7M.jpg

Last edited:

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
It's time to show off a real treasure.

I recently picked this up.

Mad Ron's Prevues from Hell (1987)

"Deranged projectionist Mad Ron, host Nick, and charismatic zombie Happy Goldsplatt screen a collection of horror and exploitation trailers for a theater of the undead."

New - Sealed - Betamax

And best of all it came from Mad Ron himself.

Mad Ron.jpg

I'll link the trailer as it has a fair bit of nsfw in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2o9GDmnesk

For those of you interested in viewing the movie, its on Netflix. There was a DVD release that you can get used pretty easy and also I think you can watch this on Amazon.

I should imagine most of you won't really care much for this sort of thing but I love this kind of schlock and collecting Betamax so it's a double win for me. I'm pretty excited about this one.

I also bought some ps2 games recently but no one cares about that kind of stuff.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
It's time to show off a real treasure.

I recently picked this up.

Mad Ron's Prevues from Hell (1987)

"Deranged projectionist Mad Ron, host Nick, and charismatic zombie Happy Goldsplatt screen a collection of horror and exploitation trailers for a theater of the undead."

New - Sealed - Betamax

And best of all it came from Mad Ron himself.

View attachment 58121

I'll link the trailer as it has a fair bit of nsfw in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2o9GDmnesk

For those of you interested in viewing the movie, its on Netflix. There was a DVD release that you can get used pretty easy and also I think you can watch this on Amazon.

I should imagine most of you won't really care much for this sort of thing but I love this kind of schlock and collecting Betamax so it's a double win for me. I'm pretty excited about this one.

I also bought some ps2 games recently but no one cares about that kind of stuff.

That's actually pretty awesome! how did you get in touch with Ron to get it?

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
He is currently selling off a lot of film stock and trailers from his collection.

Here is his ebay page. There is some of it there.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/rocci-us

I've an email address for him if you want. It's on his business card so I figure it's cool to give out but I don't just want to go slapping it out on the forum.

He has a pretty big collection that he is breaking up and selling, but there is no way I can bring myself to start down the road of film stock collecting. Though it would be pretty awesome to have some of those trailers and things. Flyers and posters though, I may try and snag some stuff like that.

Also, to be honest I've no idea if that was really the last one of those tapes the guy has. Maybe he has a mountain of them still and it's a marketing ploy to sell them all by just saying each is the last. If you are interested in one, it wouldn't hurt to ask. It's just a cool piece of movie history to have.

Last edited:

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
aabvV6wl.jpg

Managed to snag a StepManiaX platform. It's fully arcade quality (StepManiaX is an arcade game, and they also sell the stages on their own). And it's very customizable, so can be set up to play DDR, DDR Solo and Pump it Up. Like owning 4 arcade machines in one.

tTVDFbRl.jpg

I set up upper-right to be start, so can pick songs without ever leaving the stage. The engineering and build quality of this thing is top notch. It's taking some getting used to, it feels different from DDR stages. But all in all, loving this thing.

iSqhKx1l.jpg

Oh and this is the bolt for attaching the bar :lolz:

Last edited: