SNK is working in new (non-KOF) titles

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
I wonder how the new gambling laws are going to affect this. Hopefully they stay away from pachinko completely.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
until there's more info, I'll just expect the worst.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I'm going to hope for a fighting game that isn't KOF or SS. If it turns out to be another Doki Doki Majo aka minor body search then that's it I guess.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
They gave it their all with kof14 and it bombed. If they go back to shovelware i cant blame them anymore.

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
They are finally releasing an English translation of Quiz King of Fighters on PS4/Vita!

CROSS PLAY, CROSS BUY, CROSS SAVE!!!1!

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Honestly I worry more about the PS2 re-releases on PS4, the crappy ports of Neo Geo Station games with no online on PS4, and the shitty Steam ports being the norm. If they expect fans to keep buying shit all day they must be crazy.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Honestly I worry more about the PS2 re-releases on PS4, the crappy ports of Neo Geo Station games with no online on PS4, and the shitty Steam ports being the norm. If they expect fans to keep buying shit all day they must be crazy.

Agreed

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
They gave it their all with kof14 and it bombed. If they go back to shovelware i cant blame them anymore.

It did? I thought it did decently? Ugh, that sucks hard. :(
It deserved to be successful, despite its visual shortcomings.

I found it really hard to be pessimistic about today's SNK news....for some reason this got me really excited. But if KOFIV is deemed a failure I wonder if they can be be successful in any way in today's landscape.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
It did? I thought it did decently? Ugh, that sucks hard. :(
It deserved to be successful, despite its visual shortcomings.

I found it really hard to be pessimistic about today's SNK news....for some reason this got me really excited. But if KOFIV is deemed a failure I wonder if they can be be successful in any way in today's landscape.

Even though KOFXIV sold about half as much as SFV at launch, the sales were still comparable to KOFXIII and may still be acceptable to publisher sales expectations. Considering that SNK is still supporting KOFXIV with content and still talking about future developments, it may not be time to worry just yet.

KOFXIV sales source: http://www.4gamer.net/games/117/G011794/20160831085/

EDIT: added source

Last edited:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I wonder if the low sales talk is based on vgchartz. Atlus staff have mentioned a few times that their figures are far, far off. Even if it holds some ground for comparison, their figures don't take into account the digital sales of the game (KOF13 wasn't released digitally until several month after its physical release). AFAIK, the Japanese sales figures are the only solid numbers we have right now.

In any case, I hope SNK's commitment to the FGC community, the new graphics patch, PS4 price drop, and an eventual Steam release maintain the game's sales over time.

As for their next game, it's definitely a new Samurai Shodown (unless these are all mobile games).

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Is that confirmed? If so, that could be cool...

Nothing confirmed just yet, but it was stated that there is a lot of interest within the company to make a variety of other games after kofxiv, and Samurai Spirits seems to have the most demand according to information from Sony.

Sources:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GznFMtbgeg
*jump to 3:33:30
http://www.mmcafe.com/news/posts/10217.html

EDIT: It looks like the video interview was taken down. Added alternate source article regarding the interview contents.

Last edited:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Yeah it's not confirmed. Just going by the recruitment ads that they had prior to KOF14's announcement. That, and the interview BlackaneseNiNja posted where Oda stated they are looking into making another deal with Sony to work on Samurai Shodown.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
giphy.gif

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i'm still looking forward to that ikari game that was in the works. i don't even care if it turns out to be a re-skinned shock troopers clone. will sill buy it.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
i'm still looking forward to that ikari game that was in the works. i don't even care if it turns out to be a re-skinned shock troopers clone. will sill buy it.

that actually makes more sense then them being in MS

plus man oh man do i want another shocktroopers

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Let's hope it's a MOTW 2 teaser. Would be nice.