Retro Gamer magazine's terrible Metal Slug feature --reviewed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
Twatberry Stu

Keep digging away, Stu-man. Give the troglodytes at the center of the Earth our regards.

Right before they hopefully toss you into a pit of lava.

Last edited:
G

GhostLop

OrochiEddie said:
How come there isn't anything about Metal Slug 3d?
Definitive my ass.

Did he cover the two NGPC games, or Metal Slug Advance?

I can confirm that Metal Slug 3D, both NGPC missions and Metal Slug Advance are all covered in the article. 1st Mission and Advance are praised, 2nd Mission less so, while even 3D gets off lightly compared to MS3.

Metal Slug Mobile Impact is also referenced.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I can confirm that Metal Slug 3D, both NGPC missions and Metal Slug Advance are all covered in the article. 1st Mission and Advance are praised, 2nd Mission less so, while even 3D gets off lightly compared to MS3.

Metal Slug Mobile Impact is also referenced.

heard no mention so just clarifying.
Can't forget the bastard children...

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
Poor MS3. To be considered worse than MS 3D. That game was horrible.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,

I heard 2nd Mission was much improved over the original, though I never played it. I didn't finish the first... got to one of those parachute sections and could never get any further.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
You might be right actually, I only get my info from UK retro games publications where most of the information is either stolen from wikipedia, or staff members just plain up ask people on forums for their definitive guides.

I must be wrong, I've only been playing Metal Slug for years and years, but I'd rather take the word of 90's haircut man instead because he has 36,000 videogames - and obviously knows fuck all about them.

Duncan said:
Stooker said:
Rev. Stuart Campbell said:
The allegation made in Stooker's post is absolutely untrue. Clear enough?

Now, curse my memory lapse and back on the ignore list for you, troll.

Just so we're completely clear and I can prepare a grovelling apology if required, are you saying you DO NOT HAVE in your possesion, any form of electronic media which you haven't previousley purchased a license for (assuming it wasn't freeware of course)?

You better believe it!

He's got the biggest garage in the world filled to the brim with original machines/roms for all those pinball machines he has emulated versions of.

Not to mention all those fruit machines he emulated for 'fairplay 2'

unless of course, you just happene to host all those emulators for xbox and the like without actually having anything to play with it, because he wouldn't download a bundle of arcade roms for games he doesn't own, would he?

http://www.rllmukforum.com/lofiversion/index.php?t23544-50.html

Gotta love this guy. It's an endless lollercoaster

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I heard 2nd Mission was much improved over the original, though I never played it. I didn't finish the first... got to one of those parachute sections and could never get any further.

2nd Mission is much better than First, in just about every way. It's harder, but that's not a point against, ever.

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
Good old days- 1993

STU1.png

STU2.png

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
lol @ counting emulation as games you own

what a fuckin wanker

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Why are they trying to make this a British vs American thing? It's not as if only Americans were voicing their opinions in this thread. We're an international forum after all.

Agreed.

This isn't about UK vs USA but the inane ramblings of a sore guy and his cronies.

Btw., I find Stu's delusion that this here is top drama very funny. 36+ pages good drama? PAKI PLEASE.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
That Stu guy is weird looking.

(Not even counting the silly hair.)

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
'Your sinclair' .. seriously?

Everyone knew the C64 was better, no wonder he has such poor videogame knowledge .. and taste actually.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
MS3D wasn't that bad. Just thoroughly unspectacular.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I have been trying to forget that it (MS 3D) exists!
Have you played it? It's really decent. No idea why it was only released in Japan, the spoken dialogue is already in English.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
What an ugly human being...

People look up to this piece of shit?

He's been caught lying on numerous occasions...

Why do people still hire him?

Now I know how he has 36,000 games...

Modded Xbox BABY!!!!!

Me too Stu!!!!

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
His custom rank should be "I wish Metal Slug had Training Wheels"
stuart_c.gif

His big flaw was thinking he could actually beat Neo-Geo.com. We have some seriously OCD character assassins...to a fault sometimes.

Last edited:

tony starks

Starks is always out.
You might be right actually, I only get my info from UK retro games publications where most of the information is either stolen from wikipedia, or staff members just plain up ask people on forums for their definitive guides.

I must be wrong, I've only been playing Metal Slug for years and years, but I'd rather take the word of 90's haircut man instead because he has 36,000 videogames - and obviously knows fuck all about them.

:lolz:

Status
Not open for further replies.