MGCD Dreamcast

Blue0524

n00b
Just picked one up over the weekend and wanted to know if anyone’s had experience with them? I’ve read the two forums about them but just wanted someone’s feedback. Did you buy an extension harness or an adapter? Have you gotten the sound to work properly?
09a3d45772494d67196f42c21475dbf1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomwaits

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
I had a couple of these but ended up selling them because they were a nuisance. Sound issues, different dipswitch settings required for each game, on-screen timer, blank screen during boot, etc.

Here's an article with some hacking tips:
http://arcadefever.blogspot.com/2010/05/hacking-mgcd-part-1.html

Disabling the timer chip might resolve some of these issues but I never tried it.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Their main focus is for actual use in an arcade as that link from tomwaits has mentioned and as a result of the trickery it complicates things. Just wire up a couple pad hacks and an RGB cable to a jamma edge and call it a day.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Their main focus is for actual use in an arcade as that link from tomwaits has mentioned and as a result of the trickery it complicates things. Just wire up a couple pad hacks and an RGB cable to a jamma edge and call it a day.

^This, throw that MGCD in the trash, get lemony to make you a DC-Jamma box.

Blue0524

n00b
Well I’m hoping that the atlus JNX adapter I was told to buy will help.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
I will be once I get my Astro up and running

Yeah I think I’ve seen you post in one of the FB arcade groups- that MGCD thing may end up being a hassle, what’s wrong with your Astro?

Blue0524

n00b
Yeah I think I’ve seen you post in one of the FB arcade groups- that MGCD thing may end up being a hassle, what’s wrong with your Astro?

My Astro was sending power to the board or the monitor. It’s a long story lol. Need to replace the fuse holder on the PSU. I’ve already ordered a new PSU just in case.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
My Astro was sending power to the board or the monitor. It’s a long story lol. Need to replace the fuse holder on the PSU. I’ve already ordered a new PSU just in case.

If the psu keeps giving you trouble, send it off to sharp image repair in Las Vegas. They repair chassis and power supplies. There’s a lot of Astro owners on here, someone should be able to help you get it up and running.

Blue0524

n00b
Figured out the PSU problem. The lit fixture was blowing the fuse.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
you learn something new exists every day...and today it's a Dreamcast to Jamma box

Geekman1222

Kula's Candy
Oooor ... get a Naomi 2 with a NetDIMM and netboot that shit all day, every day.

No real point in getting a Naomi2 in my opinion the cost just doesnt justify what you get unless you just HAVE to have a naomi 2 for like the 3 games it has