Loefye's Small Collection of Exquisite Cardboard Boxes (Updated w/non-Neo as well)

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
My Neo set used to be bigger, but I've had to downsize a bit! Crossed Swords 2 and Shocktroopers 2 on the way.

kits.jpg

Here is my Japanese Megadrive set, with a few US titles thrown for the US/UK only or text heavy titles. Noteable titles would be Twinkle Tale and Comix Zone. The JP version of Comix Zone is extremely rare.

meg 1.jpgmeg 2.jpgmeg3.jpg

Here is my Famicom set, I like loose carts of these as the boxes are complete rubbish quality wise. I also like to gaze at the vast array of color. Only hard part is finding which game you want to play as they have no top labels! Noteable titles would be Recca and Gimmick.

fam.jpg

Last edited:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I hope these boxes in a box are enclosed in a larger box.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Beautiful boxes! I am also missing a Metal Slug X kit.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Nice mvs kit collection. Those are top notch titles you have!!!!!

herb

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
You're missing the best game for MVS, which is Neo Drift Out. Other then that, nice collection :P

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
You're missing the best game for MVS, which is Neo Drift Out. Other then that, nice collection :P

I had it and sold it when I needed money. Need to get it again once I find a nice enough ENG copy.

herb

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I had it and sold it when I needed money. Need to get it again once I find a nice enough ENG copy.

There are some full kits on Ebay. but IMO they're asking WAY too much for em. I'm still on the lookout for a nice sub $100 copy.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
There are some full kits on Ebay. but IMO they're asking WAY too much for em. I'm still on the lookout for a nice sub $100 copy.

I paid $300 for my last English copy and sold it for the same amount. Granted it was a super low serial number, 10 I believe. The English kit will always sell for post $200.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
Mad jelly on that Metal Slug 5 kit, that one is high on my wish list but oh so expensive. Never realised Metal Slug 4 has a smaller box, is this normal? I got one heading it's way over here. Like stated here before, Neo Drift Out is an awesome game!

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Those are some solid titles and those boxes look mint. Neo Driftout is also a game that's on my list.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Mad jelly on that Metal Slug 5 kit, that one is high on my wish list but oh so expensive. Never realised Metal Slug 4 has a smaller box, is this normal? I got one heading it's way over here. Like stated here before, Neo Drift Out is an awesome game!

The small box is normal yes so don't worry. The game was developed and outsourced to a Korean developer hence the change of some kit parts. Also some kits has mini marquees some did not just like 5. I am with you on 5, I quite like it. I know I'm in the minority however!

Last edited:

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
dr.kitty on ebay usually has them for sale
shipping from seoul s.korea

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
I'm so sad from missing detroit's Last Blade 2 and Ganryu kit sale last year. I would have been all over those. That blue LB2 kit that 8 Man scooped up haunts my dreams.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
that is an awesome kit collection but man, them megadrive game collection is just beautiful!!!!!

marktheshark

Morden's Lackey
I really like the Megadrive collection. The box art as well as the game titles on the box spines make JPN MD stuff really stand out.

Stupid question, but are the boxes for Famicom games made out of cardboard like the boxes for SFC/SNES & N64 games?

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
I really like the Megadrive collection. The box art as well as the game titles on the box spines make JPN MD stuff really stand out.

Stupid question, but are the boxes for Famicom games made out of cardboard like the boxes for SFC/SNES & N64 games?

They do but ontop of this the flimsiness of the cardboard varies on different titles and just like the carts, Nintendo gave no set rule for a certain size. The only boxed games I'd consider collecting aside from kits is Japanese Super Famicom games, the boxes seem to hold up much better than the US ones due to the plastic tray. I think that's why CIB SFC games are generally way cheaper than their SNES counterparts.