PlayStation 5 + Xbox Series S/X thread.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
There’s a game breaking big related to saving. A fix for it will not be out until December.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
There’s a game breaking big related to saving. A fix for it will not be out until December.
Ah. I googled it. I believe it already happened to me. I put off playing it for this reason. I have plenty of other games to play.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Here's an example, you know when the game is loading up there's a part where Claptrap dances across the screen over and over until it finished loading. Claptrap goes across the screen one & a half times now and it's done.

Ok, I'll try loading it up tomorrow and see how many times he makes it across the screen. Suppose I could even try it on my TacoX as it still has the factory HD in it as I haven't been bothered to pick up an SSD for it yet.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
On Xbox my nick is synbiosfan i have a headset somewhere. Feel free to add me if you'd like.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Ah. I googled it. I believe it already happened to me. I put off playing it for this reason. I have plenty of other games to play.

Any time the little Ubisoft news feed (on the pause screen) goes away, you can be pretty sure that your progress won't be saved. Happened to me about half a dozen times over back half of the game, probably about 4 hours' progress lost in total. Eventually finished it (mostly just out of spite, the game itself is mediocre), but I'm definitely holding off on starting AC Valhalla until both are confirmed fixed.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Any time the little Ubisoft news feed (on the pause screen) goes away, you can be pretty sure that your progress won't be saved. Happened to me about half a dozen times over back half of the game, probably about 4 hours' progress lost in total. Eventually finished it (mostly just out of spite, the game itself is mediocre), but I'm definitely holding off on starting AC Valhalla until both are confirmed fixed.
Somewhere I read the suggestion to do a fast travel immediately before turning the game off. This would trigger a save. Have you tried that?

How did you manage to finish the game already? Is it short?

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Somewhere I read the suggestion to do a fast travel immediately before turning the game off. This would trigger a save. Have you tried that?

How did you manage to finish the game already? Is it short?

What I ended up doing after the save bug started was that I'd play one piece of a mission at a time (i.e. a definable checkpoint), quit to the main menu, and then come back so I'd only lose a little progress instead of a lot if there had been an issue. Not an efficient or real fun way to play the game but it worked okay in the end I suppose.

The weird thing is that the game would show that it was saving (i.e. end of a mission, checkpoint in a mission), but it really wasn't. Or if it was, the cloud state that the game was registering as a non-save would overwrite the proper save. Bizarre thing that I've never seen before.

I had already started playing through the game on the old Xbox One X. Probably played about half of it on there, then switched over. Took me maybe 20 hours including replaying stuff due to the save bug, would have been about 15-16 hours if not.

I dunno, fun enough game I guess. The whole gimmick of having any character be playable was sort of interesting but also made it so there basically weren't any main characters.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Yeah, it happened to me multiple times. Last night when I loaded it up I was replaying a mission I did a long time ago. It's really broken. I'll wait until the patch in December before playing again.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I’m just wondering if I should hold off on playing Cyberpunk 2077 until I can get a Series X.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I am holding off playing CP2077 until PS5 version is available. Demon's soul will keep me occupied.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
I’m just wondering if I should hold off on playing Cyberpunk 2077 until I can get a Series X.

i would assume the load times on previous gen are going to be miserable.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Also wait for the Series X and PS5 release. It's going to launch without a native Series X version.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Also wait for the Series X and PS5 release. It's going to launch without a native Series X version.

It’d be nice to know when that’s going to come. I don’t think it will be before March unless they’ve said.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Honestly the game was supposed to be out earlier this year well before the next gen release. I’m sure the loading will be tolerable.

It will be interesting to compare performance between gens.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
If you're excited for it, you can always just get it now and then do the free nextgen upgrade later. I have it preordered, but I don't know how I'll have time to play all these games.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member

It's in the Smart Delivery program at least, but hmm, that may indeed make it worth holding off at first. I've had the Xbox version pre-ordered forever.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Me too. Wish I'd waited on Watch Dogs. It'a $30 on Amazon today.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Honestly the game was supposed to be out earlier this year well before the next gen release. I’m sure the loading will be tolerable.

It will be interesting to compare performance between gens.

skyrim and witcher III loading times would say otherwise...

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
So there’s a big new AC Valhalla patch out today. Curious if it fixes all the tearing and stuff on SeX

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
On Xbox my nick is synbiosfan i have a headset somewhere. Feel free to add me if you'd like.

I added ya and sent ya a message telling ya it was me. Though it says yer level 65 so I'm waaaaay behind ya as I've hardly played it on Xbox. But if ya don't mind playing w/a low level that's only got a modded XboneX we'll have to give it a go at some point

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
I played Witcher 3 on the One.

It was tolerable.

Same, except on the PS4, the initial loading took something like 20 secs, after that, fine. I don't understand how anybody could have such a short attention span that this would bother them.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Same, except on the PS4, the initial loading took something like 20 secs, after that, fine. I don't understand how anybody could have such a short attention span that this would bother them.

Probably didn't grow up in the 90's.