MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
I think the thing is that many consolized MVS systems are vertical. I myself use a MV2F. While most of the forum is familiar with the CMVS systems James builds from a MV1C. So in both cases, to us, the NEOSD would have to be inserted backwards. Label to the back. Yes there's the work around of opening the case and flipping the pcbs. Very doable. It's more of user expectation issue. Not the end of the world.

Also we need to remember that different MVS motherboards are more common in different regions. Isn't the MV1FZ much more prevalent in Europe? So I'm not surprised a Spanish company made a Cart case with the label so it would face up on their MVS system.

(Personally going to just cheat and buy one for my AES instead. lol)

Yeah, I think you're right - There's tonnes of 1FZ in europe. I get asked questions a lot about the flash carts or MVS mods and its nearly always a 1FZ they have.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Non-issue in my eyes.... It's cosmetic...

Neosd could've made it the other way around... then other people complain...

Neosd could've put the SD slot on the other side... then the left handed people complain...

Neosd could've charged for the Shell... then the gays complain...

Neosd Could've been French... and the forum would call them bootleggers and scammers....

The device works... you want your device to look "pretty"... then just go out and buy a fucking shell yourself... so STFU....

xROTx

PS. This is ME micro-managing... because you fucks are boring the shit out of me....

EDIT: So Neosd can get a tad "tetchy..."... I don't blame him with the amount of pointless whingeing he has to put up via emails and here...

ANYONE one wants to quote me and argue the point... consider this... It's me....

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member

Neosd could've put the SD slot on the other side... then the left handed people complain...

Neosd Could've been French... and the forum would call them bootleggers and scammers....

The device works... you want your device to look "pretty"... then just go out and buy a fucking shell yourself... so STFU....

xROTx

PS. This is ME micro-managing... because you fucks are boring the shit out of me....

EDIT: So Neosd can get a tad "tetchy..."... I don't blame him with the amount of pointless whingeing he has to put up via emails and here...

ANYONE one wants to quote me and argue the point... consider this... It's me....

To the point, I like it.

I think NeoSD should just let his product do the talking and not bother feeling he has to respond to every single comment.

Very time consuming and time could spent on things that matter to this product.

greatfunky

Mr. Big's Thug

xROTx

giphy.gif

Sooo agree with you Rot

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I wasn't attacking anyone, just correcting something he said that was completely wrong. I saw his initial post since I'm subscribed to the thread, kind of ironic but as long as you understand where I was coming from. If the PCBs were always able to be reversed then I'm not sure why the issue was brought up in the first place.

phoenixdownita

Cheng's Errand Boy
@neosd

Availability of AES version and average time to ship to USA questions.

I plan to be out mid May and I'd like to know if I were to order one NeoSD AES version in the next couple of days what are the chances that it will be reaching the US in time (say by end of April)? (that's like 1 month and a half more or less)

Just an estimate is fine (correos times that you collected so far are good enough indicators), but if the AES carts still need to be manufactured then knowing when the next batch could be available would help me in deciding if I should just wait it out for a couple of months or so.

Thanks for any answer you may provide.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
If the PCBs were always able to be reversed then I'm not sure why the issue was brought up in the first place.

I brought it up as a mere observation which spurred some back and forth and ultimately a resolution once it was revealed they could be reversed. All things considered this is the best outcome you could ask for.

adsa1971

War Room Troll
I think it must be me, and the way I am programmed. What is it with the fucking whining? If I am unhappy with life I change it. If I was not happy with the FREE shell I received; then I would buy a cartridge, modify it, and feel happy I had what I wanted. I go home every day, and for at least half an hour marvel at the frickin amazing purchase I made with my NEOSD cart. All this navel gazing is not helping, and pissing me off. I expect better from you lot. You understand the miracle of what we have here compared to the cost of the carts themselves. Step back and think. Awesome has come to the Neo-Geo.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
The product is one of the best NG hardware releases for a LONG time...

It works so well... a LOT of our forum members have it... with no life complaints....

I'm of the opinion I'm getting sick of this fake drama and whingeing... if you have a VALID complaint along technical terms... then go for it...

IF I judge it to be cosmetic or in any way a frivolous complaint... I am considering you may need a breather in the War Room... and the same terms and conditions I gave Oghugo (Please read...)

xROTx

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
The product is one of the best NG hardware releases for a LONG time...

It works so well... a LOT of our forum members have it... with no life complaints....

I'm of the opinion I'm getting sick of this fake drama and whingeing... if you have a VALID complaint along technical terms... then go for it...

IF I judge it to be cosmetic or in any way a frivolous complaint... I am considering you may need a breather in the War Room... and the same terms and conditions I gave Oghugo (Please read...)

xROTx

I'm in agreement Rot. I was on the fence about this product for awhile and I have to say that NeoSd has pretty much kept his promise in delivering a quality product with great customer service.

Once I have a little money to mess around with, I will be buying a Aes Version.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I kind of agree also but at the same time I feel if someone has an issue with their neosd purchase (cosmetic or not), the forum should be available to them as a voice providing they conduct themselves properly. Somone who is getting the shell for free however is taking this piss if they complain about it.

Maybe it would be an idea if neosd simply offered the NeoSD with or without shell (like originally) so people who may not want the shell can opt out, get the neosd a little cheaper and source their own shell.

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I kind of agree also but at the same time I feel if someone has an issue with their neosd purchase (cosmetic or not), the forum should be availableto them as a voice providing they conduct themselves properly. Somone who is getting the shell for free however is taking this piss if they complain about it.

Maybe it would be an idea if neosd simply offered the NeoSD with or without shell (like originally) so people who may not want the shell can opt out, get the neosd a little cheaper and source their own shell.

EVERY post now... will be scrutinised by me...

Case to case situ... if I judge against people... I will give one warning...

xROTx

PS. Unless of course... you were particularly dumb... and I'm drunk...

EDIT: I am nearly always drunk... just sayin'...

greatfunky

Mr. Big's Thug
Thanks. that's disappointing.

Neosd team made the right choice, a lots of people here do not imagine the price of a mold, I find already fine that they have decided to make a shell, many others would stay at the pcb.

Now, assuming they had the budget for only one mold
, It was necessary to choose between the mvs or the aes and the most logical choice was the aes for many reason:

1: mvs cartridge can be find at low prices , generally less than the aes

2: mvs are easily openable with screws, the aes are clipped and therefore does not offer easy access to the pcb

3: AES cart being smaller can fit into the mvs, not the reverse.

If you are not happy with your shell, buy on ebay a cheap mvs and took his shell : the one on the picture cost me about 25 euros shipping included.
IMG_1424.JPG

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
That MVS cart looks good, good job on the SD card access port there.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Neosd team made the right choice, a lots of people here do not imagine the price of a mold, I find already fine that they have decided to make a shell, many others would stay at the pcb.

Now, assuming they had the budget for only one mold
, It was necessary to choose between the mvs or the aes and the most logical choice was the aes for many reason:

1: mvs cartridge can be find at low prices , generally less than the aes

2: mvs are easily openable with screws, the aes are clipped and therefore does not offer easy access to the pcb

3: AES cart being smaller can fit into the mvs, not the reverse.

If you are not happy with your shell, buy on ebay a cheap mvs and took his shell : the one on the picture cost me about 25 euros shipping included.
View attachment 43560

No doubt neosd choose the correct design outlook given he only wanted to spend on one mold, I personally would have done almost the same, if I went down the one shell for both route, it makes sence. However, when looking from a business prospective things are different. Then I would have gone with two shells (AES and MVS) and not one hybrid solution. I would have the sdcard placement along the spine in a location on the sticker. This would have opened me to other revenues totally seperate to product held in the shell. Not only could I use the shell for my product, but I could also sell the shells seperately for anyone wanting a replacement AES or MVS shell for their original NeoGeo game. That is quite a large market as we all know.

There is no right or wrong way really, There is a uniqueness to having a hybrid shell that is a very nice touch, but it brings limitations too.

Last edited:

greatfunky

Mr. Big's Thug
No doubt neosd choose the correct design outlook given he only wanted to spend on one mold, I personally would have done almost the same, if I went down the one shell for both route, it makes sence. However, when looking from a business prospective things are different. Then I would have gone with two shells (AES and MVS) and not one hybrid solution. I would have the sdcard placement along the spine in a location on the sticker. This would have opened me to other revenues totally seperate to product held in the shell. Not only could I use the shell for my product, but I could also sell the shells seperately for anyone wanting a replacement AES or MVS shell for their original NeoGeo game. That is quite a large market as we all know.

There is no right or wrong way really, There is a uniqueness to having a hybrid shell that is a very nice touch, but it brings limitations too.

You're right Raz two shells are better than one , but making molds is not a small issue you can trust me , when i was younger , i was working in a plastic factory in the mold factory section .
It's a risky bet on which I would not make any prognostic because I do not have sales figures.

I'm also agree with you on the point that you mentioned : neosd should offered the NeoSD with or without shell as before (at least the MVS version)

PS : Someone asked me in PM my sticker for the MVS shell , I post it here , if someone else want to use it ....
http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/616153label2.jpg

Last edited:

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
... but I could also sell the shells seperately for anyone wanting a replacement AES or MVS shell for their original NeoGeo game. That is quite a large market as we all know.

Let's not get crazy, all of this is niche stuff at best. It took me almost a year to go through the 100 brand new MVS shells I imported, even selling them at less than $10 each people didn't bite. Maybe a big sale to a developer like NGDev could order a lot, but otherwise there isn't a "large market".

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
GF, that MVS NeoSd sticker looks great. I personally would not mind having a MVS version with a MVS shell.

I'M in agreement that Neosd should offer a bare pcb and cart version for those who want to add their own case.

greatfunky

Mr. Big's Thug
Let's not get crazy, all of this is niche stuff at best. It took me almost a year to go through the 100 brand new MVS shells I imported, even selling them at less than $10 each people didn't bite. Maybe a big sale to a developer like NGDev could order a lot, but otherwise there isn't a "large market".

You raise here another important point : to have the best possible sales , the shells should be equivalent in quality to the original.

I am not sure that someone would like to replace his original shell a little scratched by a new one that has small defects or seems less robust or glossy.

In molds manufacturing there are several levels of quality, for example a mold grade A + made in Switzerland costs a fortune.

The neosd shell is very good and satisfying, but from a technical point of view, we are not at the level of the original SNK standard of Japan in the 90's.

So to sell shells in parallel it would be preferable to use molds even more expensive .... not financially viable in my opinion.

Last edited: