UK Pocket Reversi count: again.

Big Al

Rugal's Thug
Telegames is selling NigeronPa for £50, that's where I got mine a few months back. At the same time I paid them £40 for Pocket Reversi Uk although they don't have that one now.

For such a stupidly expensive shop they actually have a few bargains on their site if you sift through it. Just give their AES Mark of the Wolves a miss ...

And to answer your question I have both Pocket Reversi and Nigeronpa in my collection.

Hardest game I found to get was Ghost Studio, that one cost me a fortune.

mosaic

n00b
Just to add fuel, or water, to the fire. I do know that typical production runs for NGPC carts were 2,000, 5,000, and 10,000 copies. Usually, 10,000 copies of a game were produced, and more if another printing was required. If they had a ton left over, they could always reprocess the cartridges into a new game. If I recall correctly, Sonic the Hedgehog is the most plentiful NGPC game, at least in the US, with 110,000 produced.

I interviewed a few folks at SNK in 2000 who placed UK Faselei around 5,000, and Evolution at around 2,000. Pocket Reversi probably had 2,000 copies produced for the UK market. Now, how many of these were held and sent back for remanufacture, that's the question. But the odds are good that there are way more than 100 out there...

But jeez, 2,000 copies isn't a lot for anything... especially when there are collectors out there.

rarebucky

Sort-of Lurker,
Count another one here. It's funny how this stuff works. When these games came out they were readily available from UK sites. Pocket Reversi, Evolution, Faselei, Last Blade, etc. were all easy to find, and of course, standard retail price. Now they're all "rare"...sigh...

nigeronpa

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I remember working at MVC and they used to stock NGP, I remember packing the stock back up to send back to the distributers. God do i wish i had of brought all the stock.

rarebucky

Sort-of Lurker,
Reversi WAS absolutely easy to find, as were all of the UK NGPC games. There were a few UK websites (I wish I remembered their names) that had these games in stock for months. No one cared at the time. In fact, I can remember quite a few threads on the forums here about how "uncollectible" NGPC games were. Ha!

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
All my UK games came from Special Reserve, so did my PAL only English DC games.

Games were common, some took a little time to get into the Pipeline. I never really did hunt for Reversi, just picked it up on one of my orders, probably with Evolution, or something.

rarebucky

Sort-of Lurker,
That's exactly the place I ordered my games from Mouse Master! I didn't "hunt" for this stuff either, because at the time they were available and I only wanted plastic boxed stuff. That was an awesome source :)

Sundance

Sho's Rival
D-Lite said:

I still maintain that a complete UK Pocket Reversi is possibly the rarest NGPC game and it's hard to refute, despite the fact that some get listed on eBay. Remember that only 2 or so were listed for sale within the first 3 months of the Edge article and that's a decent indicator.

next?

I don't know. I think that the rarest NGPC game i've seen is Shigeru Mizuki's Ghost Photo. Or if not, just as rare as Pocker Reversi. :cool: