Reprinted labels

Ir0n

n00b
All labels had a serial number right? Like I'm 98% sure they did.. Just want to make sure what I have is a reprinted label before I rip it off and replace it with something that doesn't look like shit because I may as well right?

Here is the cart.

mvs.jpg

Thank you!

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Yes, that's a reprinted label. If it doesn't have a serial, it's a repro label.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
What ggallegos1 stated. I may be wrong but only ones that don't have serial numbers on the stickers iirc are early based neo releases and some JP. With that in mind, a lot of times they can also have a metallic sticker over the label or on the side of the cart that serves the same purpose. My japanese copy of Magical Drop 2 has one on the label while magician lord is on the side. It also isn't uncommon to see later JP carts skip this entirely.

If you need to see what a real label should look like here is a pretty good scan database

http://www.mvs-scans.com/index.php/Main_Page

and if you want ones that are nice and custom from Xian Xi

http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/jammax/mvslabels.html

Last edited:

Ir0n

n00b
That scan site is a god send, I use it all the time to check my PCBs so who ever did that page thank you.

I seen Xian Xis stuff, but I like to make my own..something about doing something your self makes it better. I haven't touched that metal slug label yet, but I've never seen a cart without the serials (other than jap carts now). Be nice if it was real though then all my slugs would have legit labels.

I never noticed some of the Japanese carts didn't have them tho you made me go look. Lol

I didn't know about the metal sticker things either so thank you for that bit of info!

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Not all official labels have a serial. Especially early releases, which had a separate silver serial sticker on the side of the cart.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Lol at worrying about legit labels. Why don't you play the game instead or worrying what a label is gonna look like sitting in a cab where you won't see it anyway?

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
I agree nice labels and playing games are mutually exclusive.

Ir0n

n00b
Have you checked the board to see if it's legit?

Yes! As stated above I check all my MVS boards using those handy scans.

Lol at worrying about legit labels. Why don't you play the game instead or worrying what a label is gonna look like sitting in a cab where you won't see it anyway?

I wish I had a MVS cab.. I play them with a supergun at the moment and trust me they do see play. :p
I see your point though, I just like having real stuff is all and if it was real I wouldn't want to destroy it.