Arcade Disaster

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
OP, lol lol lol lol, just stop getting all eager, no need to share you're mishaps, lol. Just wait it out, work on your shit and then show it off all you want, we're still gonna laugh but at least you actually tried. This thing you've done, lol, that's some Karou level shit.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
hey! most people said my box looked pretty good.

tighecg

Armored Scrum Object
It's my 40th birthday today! I couldn't sleep at all. So I decided to go to a local arcade distributor I've had some good luck with and see about some new carts. He didn't have any easily accessible, so I looked at some cabs. He had about ten of various models. I asked about a 4 slot, and he said he would get back to me. I usually deal with one of the techs, but today it was a salesman. I hope he doesn't come back with some crazy ass price. I didn't plan on getting into full cabs, so I better search the for what it's worth thread. This has been the most excitement of my day, now that I'm an old man, birthdays are just another day. O well, off to work I go!

I share a bday with a lot of cool people, but the best is Marco Rossi!

Last edited:

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
That room looks like the kind of place where a kidnapped college girl spends the last 3 days of her life.

tighecg

Armored Scrum Object
I was looking around the barn for some unrelated stuff, I found this.

tmfXWHb.jpg

It's a terrible pic but it is a PLC. Any bright ideas on how to best use this in a gameroom? 16 120v inputs, 16 120v outputs.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
I can honestly say, this is one of the more entertaining collection threads I have seen in a while. I look forward to seeing your stuff once it is set up.

I also wanna see Greg's stuff now. Does he have a collection thread?

tighecg

Armored Scrum Object
this thread needs an update.

Out of town now. Was working on cleaning up for EG, I'll get back on it when I get home. I still haven't come up with any great ideas for the plc, I don't have to use it, but it's a powerful piece of equipment that can do some awesome shit and I would like to. There's gotta be something other than lighting control or a super overkill system selector.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
I was looking around the barn for some unrelated stuff, I found this.

tmfXWHb.jpg

It's a terrible pic but it is a PLC. Any bright ideas on how to best use this in a gameroom? 16 120v inputs, 16 120v outputs.

The fuck you need a plc for?

When I worked a at a switchgear place we used the Siemens ones... what a giant pain in the dick.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Out of town now. Was working on cleaning up for EG, I'll get back on it when I get home. I still haven't come up with any great ideas for the plc, I don't have to use it, but it's a powerful piece of equipment that can do some awesome shit and I would like to. There's gotta be something other than lighting control or a super overkill system selector.

tighecg, I don't mean to bust balls for real man but please grab some shelves from Ikea or something cheap before being worried about the "PLC". Get the systems / gear off the floor and the focus will shift to what you envision. "Priorities my man, priorities" You got some nice stuff just take care of it.

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Pics upload easy from Tapatalk. Install it on your phone, op.

tighecg

Armored Scrum Object
The fuck you need a plc for?

I don't need it guys, I already had it and thought I could do something sweet with it.

As far as the shelves go, I have Ziploc tubs for everything now. I plan on building my shelves into the wall, but I can't start till after October. It's a brand new house and the warranty guy and the tax man come through one last time then. I don't want to give them any reason to make my life any more complicated or expensive.

I'm mostly in the planning phase now, I could start buying materials now. How detailed should I go with the construction thread? Do people wanna hear about proper stud selection and things of that nature?

I do have something else to add to the collection that I should get on Monday. If it works out, I'll post a pic.

tighecg

Armored Scrum Object
here's the new addition!

TsTC1qi.jpg

I didn't have enough man power to get it in the basement, so I figured the next best place would be right next to the beer fridge.

it needs a new EL panel, the one in it now causes audio problems when it's hooked up. other than that, it's in pretty good shape.

This will probably be my last major game purchase for a while. I've gotta chill out and unload some stuff I don't want first. Plus I gotta focus on planning and materials(and some more cleaning to do).

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I'm mostly in the planning phase now, I could start buying materials now. How detailed should I go with the construction thread? Do people wanna hear about proper stud selection and things of that nature?

I'd actually like to hear the process. We're moving into a house this month and I'd like to eventually finish the basement, but it'll be cheaper to do as much as we can ourselves.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I'd actually like to hear the process. We're moving into a house this month and I'd like to eventually finish the basement, but it'll be cheaper to do as much as we can ourselves.

Finishing a basement in MA DIY is not recommended, especially if you have zero experience in construction. Do to our water table, we have a whole set of problems that you must tackle that most others don't.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Finishing a basement in MA DIY is not recommended, especially if you have zero experience in construction. Do to our water table, we have a whole set of problems that you must tackle that most others don't.

Awesome. That post cost me at least $2,400... :lol::lol::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
We can dig a ground water line outside the house near the foundation, keep you dry for a long time but you gotta shut I down in the winter. LMK when you're ready.