Sound issues. Console, TV or Cables?

neotucker

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Hi people, Im not sure if Ive put this in the wright place so please forgive me If I should of posted this somewhere else but Im having some sound issues with my AES and Its driving me nuts, now Im not sure If Its the console, cables or the TV. My Neos, all my games and bits have been In storage for about five years due to my personal health and recovery reasons. This Is the first time Ive had them out In a long while. I have three cables for my AES, there all the standard multi pin connection for the back of the AES and on the TV end the first one is two phones (yellow/video and white/audio) the second is three phonos (yellow, white and red) and the third is a Scart with a 3.5mm head phone jack on. Now I no there pretty rubbish leads but there all I have at the moment, the issue I have with all there cables is the pictures fine and the audio is OKish, it'll start OK but every 10-20 seconds it'll high pitch screech for 5-10 seconds then be OK again then do it all over again. Im using a modern Samsung LCD TV from 2011 plays all the other consoles fine, N64, Cube, DC, Saturn, PS1 but having this issue with my AES and really not sure what the problem is? Any help would be much appreciated.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Hi people, Im not sure if Ive put this in the wright place so please forgive me If I should of posted this somewhere else but Im having some sound issues with my AES and Its driving me nuts, now Im not sure If Its the console, cables or the TV. My Neos, all my games and bits have been In storage for about five years due to my personal health and recovery reasons. This Is the first time Ive had them out In a long while. I have three cables for my AES, there all the standard multi pin connection for the back of the AES and on the TV end the first one is two phones (yellow/video and white/audio) the second is three phonos (yellow, white and red) and the third is a Scart with a 3.5mm head phone jack on. Now I no there pretty rubbish leads but there all I have at the moment, the issue I have with all there cables is the pictures fine and the audio is OKish, it'll start OK but every 10-20 seconds it'll high pitch screech for 5-10 seconds then be OK again then do it all over again. Im using a modern Samsung LCD TV from 2011 plays all the other consoles fine, N64, Cube, DC, Saturn, PS1 but having this issue with my AES and really not sure what the problem is? Any help would be much appreciated.

Have you tried the AES headphone jack to see if the distorted sound is there too?

neotucker

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Have you tried the AES headphone jack to see if the distorted sound is there too?

I hadent but I just have and it was really strange actually, I only have Last Blade 2 Jap AES and without the headphones in the intro runs and theres a guy speaking Japanese but you keep getting that screech when I put the headphones in the music still plays but no speech at all, and this is the strange bit, during the music you hear animal noises! Im more confused than I was before! but when I plug my CDZ in using the same leads its perfect no distorting at all. Please help!

neotucker

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Sounds like a dirty cart slot and cart.
Thanks XianXi, did you see my little clip? Lee from Video game imports said it might be that, this may sound a tad dumb but how do you recommend cleaning carts?

neotucker

Kuroko's Training Dummy
OK so I've gave the Last Blade cart a good clean and the cart slot on the home system but I'm still getting this screech sound its happening at exactly the same place every-time. Ive got hold of a SuperSideKicks2 game cart and that works fine, no distorting or screech even after a fairly long play test it worked flawlessly, so Im assuming its an actual faulty Last Blade cartridge is this something that can be fixed?

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
OK so I've gave the Last Blade cart a good clean and the cart slot on the home system but I'm still getting this screech sound its happening at exactly the same place every-time. Ive got hold of a SuperSideKicks2 game cart and that works fine, no distorting or screech even after a fairly long play test it worked flawlessly, so Im assuming its an actual faulty Last Blade cartridge is this something that can be fixed?

If the cart is faulty, it may have several things wrong with it, from dust (cleaning it better?) to a trace corroded or a chip broken (M1, V or PCM chips). Kind of difficult to diagnose without any sample of what it sounds like, but I'd guess it's a V chip sonce you say it sounds mostly right.

Regards.

neotucker

Kuroko's Training Dummy
If the cart is faulty, it may have several things wrong with it, from dust (cleaning it better?) to a trace corroded or a chip broken (M1, V or PCM chips). Kind of difficult to diagnose without any sample of what it sounds like, but I'd guess it's a V chip sonce you say it sounds mostly right.

Regards.

aha2940 - you can see on my video clip how it sounds, and yeah Ive gave it a really good clean using professional contact rub/cleaner. Is the fix something you could do?
Thanks in advance for getting back to me!
Tuck.