Limited Run Games - Fu'un Super Combo

GamingCult

n00b

gray117

Crazed MVS Addict
15 Year Member
Honest question; are these beloved? ...I don't get it.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member

For those interested in a physical release of this title; I believe this is the first physical release of this particular compilation in the usa, since the ps2 original only hit japan back in the day and the modern re-release on ps4 was digital-only until now.

Last edited:

GamingCult

n00b
For those interested in a physical release of this title; I believe this is the first physical release of this particular compilation in the usa, since the ps2 original only hit japan back in the day and the modern re-release on ps4 was digital-only until now.

Yeah, that’s what makes this release kind of interesting.

I’m looking forward to it, I’ve never actually played them.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

They are fun games, but they are kind of generic B tier fighters. If they hadn't been on Neo they would have been forgotten long ago by anyone except OGs.

gray117

Crazed MVS Addict
15 Year Member
They have their audience outside of nutball collectors.

It's this bit that surprises me, encounter I probably never gave a fair shake but neither had me on the lookout. Not taking away from the people who love them but would have thought this would have been super niche.

I’m looking forward to it, I’ve never actually played them.

Nope, don't understand this at all... But guess limited run does :)

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Limited run could put any Neo shit in a home cart style case and it will be considered gold by these noobs.

GamingCult

n00b
Limited run could put any Neo shit in a home cart style case and it will be considered gold by these noobs.

I don’t get the appeal of the collectors edition either, especially when most folks won’t even open the package.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
They are fun games, but they are kind of generic B tier fighters

Speaking mainly on Kizuna, I agree that they're fun and B tier in a sense (balance), but to call these games generic is inappropriate.

If they hadn't been on Neo they would have been forgotten long ago by anyone except OGs.

Eh, from a collectors standpoint yeah. But as a collector myself, I don't see the appeal of "Limted" PS4 ports of game I own on OG hardware.

Now, I don't have a finger anywhere near "the pulse" of what the online "poverty fighter" (I don't care for this term) community finds fun to play. But chances are, there have to be some "fighting game people" that play these games. Is this port optimal for those people (Online, good net code, accuracy)? I don't know.

The maximum reality is this though. People who are serious about fighting games don't care about what hardware a game was released on.

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
...chances are, there have to be some "fighting game people" that play these games. Is this port optimal for those people (Online, good net code, accuracy)? I don't know.

The maximum reality is this though. People who are serious about fighting games don't care about what hardware a game was released on.

This is very interesting. I think there is an audience for current ports of past arcade games, but I also doubt that they're the same people, who played past ports, or the PCBs. This would suggest, that each generation has their own optimal ports, yes.

IIRC, Kamui, the Garegga master scorer, once shared in a conversation, that she knew the different trigger paces of the Saturn port by hard, which are required to score high in this game in certain situations. I could imagine, she would play current ports out of novelty, other than that, it's panta rhei and those ports probably won't give us another Kamui, at most just some nondescript name on Twin Galaxies or a guy calling himself God/Theos in a local War Room.

I agree with your maximum reality, but something tells me, it doesn't, or even won't, equal maximum dedication, the Kamui kind anyway, which is reserved for current games, on current hardware, for current players... that's the law of Samurai.

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
At least the standard game is an open preorder. Anyone who wants the game will get a copy. I couldnt justify an extra $30 for a fancy box, Paper weight, and 3 trading cards. The va-11 hall-a and ROM LEs still haven’t sold out surprisingly. But I guess with it it being cyber weekend, and vita version was more over hyped.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I've always had a soft spot for Kizuna Encounter but could care less about LRG.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
While I do enjoy the shit outta Kizuna I see no need to buy it for lamestation when I have it on MVS...

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
If you played these around the time when they came out you would understand the appeal. Beautiful for the time and very... histrionic.
The fact you had Kim wearing a suit and holding a staff in Kizuna, inspired

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I can see the appeal for a physical but I'd rather a MOTW physical for PS4.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
That's not Kim Kaphwan.

He obviously didn't mean it in your nerdy when Radioactive Man got injected with shrinking serum, how come his costume shrinks? kind of way. Who knows? Maybe Kim Kaphwan's ghost does haunt the fuun bordello, where his body was found in a suit next to his stick.

Stefan

Philadelphia Freeman,
20 Year Member
That's not Kim Kaphwan.

Kamui, the Garegga master scorer, once shared in a conversation, that she knew the different trigger paces of the Saturn port by hard, which are required to score high in this game in certain situations. I could imagine, she would play current ports out of novelty, other than that, it's panta rhei and those ports probably won't give us another Kamui

That's not a woman, either.

jsiucho

Sakura's Bank Manager
15 Year Member
I love both games. Own both on MVS and would never consider selling either. They have their audience outside of nutball collectors.

Games are great,, Limited Run is all about flippers, everything gets bought up quick and right back on sale in Ebay.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
That's not a woman, either.

Icarus met her in person and clearly, she wants to be addressed this way. The detail about her being a trans woman doesn't matter to me and won't affect my manners, either. What's next, you want to dead name her to prove your point?

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I love KE, but not the first game.... I got the JPN release already so I passed. I actually kinda dig the CE for this one with the faux AES case, but it is a bit too much for what you get.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Games are great,, Limited Run is all about flippers, everything gets bought up quick and right back on sale in Ebay.

Not to defend their “limited ness” as I think there should at least be an open preorder for all of their games, but hardly any of these games move at a quick pace anymore as say compared to over a year ago. Even then if you missed out on a game 6-8 months later you can get most of these at or below the original selling price on eBay.

Last edited: