neo bomberman boot / or bad repair attempt?

dkarDaGobert

Kuroko's Training Dummy
just received my neo bomberman jp cart, which was declared as being damaged on ebay.

besides the fact the seller shipped it only in bubble-film and took 18€ for shipping while the sticker from the post-office says 9,15€, it looks like either a bad repair attempt or a boot.

but first, please take a look
WP_20160127_005.jpgWP_20160127_003.jpgWP_20160127_002.jpg
the label looks ok and the pcbs are original snk.
but almost the rest are eeproms, except V2 on the prgbk1 which sits on the spot of V3, and C4 on the cha256.

seems like someone used all the chips he found on his desk..
how would you rate this? bad attempt to repair or boot?

btw it works after cleaning the contacts with ipa..

Last edited:

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
The V2 and C4 are legit, but the rest look like a complete "repair" job.

It wouldn't surprise me if the guy took one legit cart and spread the mask roms across two to three carts saying that it was a "repair" job. Basically turning one cart into 2 or more.

dkarDaGobert

Kuroko's Training Dummy
so this means i cant blame him on ebay for selling boots, since he just "tried to repair" it and with the Maskroms its only 4/5 Boot.

thanks

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
The V2 and C4 are legit, but the rest look like a complete "repair" job.

It wouldn't surprise me if the guy took one legit cart and spread the mask roms across two to three carts saying that it was a "repair" job. Basically turning one cart into 2 or more.

Hit the nail on the head. The odds of all but two ROM chips going bad is very low. It's far more likely that some asshole decided to take a complete Neo Bomberman and split up its ROM chips between a few different donors.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
Hit the nail on the head. The odds of all but two ROM chips going bad is very low. It's far more likely that some asshole decided to take a complete Neo Bomberman and split up its ROM chips between a few different donors.

Freaking smart dude though, I can't fault the shithead.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
I'd return it and tell him he can refund you the other half of the shipping he kept to pay for it.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
093 is the right number for Neo Bomberman so it's not a conversion made out of a cheaper cart.

I remember Xian Xi saying that SNK never used MX chips though.... so if it has been repaired, it wasn't by SNK.

Last edited: