Piko Interactive acquired an unreleased Neo Geo game.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Razoola.

No matter what, news that a lost game could find its way to the public is always great news! I think I'd be pretty satisfied with Piko releasing it.

Hopefully we don't have another Treasure of the Caribbean on our hands. The fact that they're looking for a "hacker" rather than a full-fledged developer gives me hope that the game is already in playable form.

Can this topic be moved to News?

Last edited:

NexusX

Astra Superstar
The fact that they're looking for a "hacker" rather than a full-fledged developer gives me hope that the game is already in playable form.

from the context of the post it looks like they're in need of a hacker and not a dev because the source code is lost. But I agree. Hopefully it is in mostly playable condition. Just needs a few knots tied in it to make it a playable experience.

Last edited:

Yamazaki

Belnar Institute Student
15 Year Member
I tell you guys it's Strip Mahjong with Anime Tiddies!!

The Neo Geo finally utilizing it's 2D power to portrait big and round anime tiddies!!!

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Fun news after all these years. Wonder what it'll go for when its released? Probably too much

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Wonder what it is?!

LlorensBlood

Mr. Big's Thug
Please Lord, Ninja Gaiden II, it should be Ninja Gaiden II....... let us enjoy a new beat'em up.....

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Piko has only released games that were already complete. They are not a programming house. This is likely something we already have, but it wasn't officially released in some region.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Piko has only released games that were already complete. They are not a programming house. This is likely something we already have, but it wasn't officially released in some region.

How many games were region exclusive on the Neo? I can only think of the Mahjong games

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
The only incomplete and/or unfinished neogeo unreleased game that has ever surfaced was the recently discovered Dragon’s Heaven fighting game. None of the other titles would need any amount of “finishing” or even “polishing”.

But obviously, they could have made the announcement with better clarity. They likely chose to keep it vague on purpose because it helps to hype up interest and increase the mystique. Any simple localization or region change of an already released game is anti-climactic and they should know better.

Either way, I’d really like to know just how anyone or even any company can obtain the IP for any unreleased game from the former SNK when the current SNK is 80% owned by a Chinese company. (and that’s even assuming they acquired those IP’s and, more significantly, that the actual materials needed to assemble them are even still there.)

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Either way, I’d really like to know just how anyone or even any company can obtain the IP for any unreleased game from the former SNK when the current SNK is 80% owned by a Chinese company. (and that’s even assuming they acquired those IP’s and, more significantly, that the actual materials needed to assemble them are even still there.)

It was never stated that it was an SNK ip, it’s probably a third party title.

My vote is hebereke.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Ah I was waiting for SuperGuns thoughts on this. Dragons Heaven is WAY too unfinished IMHO, I dont think it will be that. I'm thinking its one of the safeguarded games. I agree that Piko would not hype something if it was a mere language hack, they have a fair amount of experience to not do that.