Post Your Recent Purchases!

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
There's a bit of a difference from getting in some cool games to play and picking up crap by the thousands you never have any intention of using in a sad attempt to fill some void in your soul that will be eternally empty.

Playing games started this sad attempt in the first place.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Got a new Pico PSU for my DC.

e460d765033224756e7f7a310576f4f5.jpg

No power adapter to test it atm as I am still waiting on delivery for that but looks a pretty good drop in replacement.

Galdius

n00b
Are they at least games that you like? I definitely understand collecting, since I have had the compulsion for as long as I can remember, but I only collect things that I like, be it music, movies, books, games, etc.. I would never collect a bunch of country records, for instance, since I don't enjoy country music and would never listen to them.

I only buy the "filler" games for consoles that I like. For example, I wanted the N64 and WiiU fullsets so for those consoles I bought games that I don't intend to play.
For the other consoles, I only buy games that I would like to play someday but don't know when.

city41

Aero Fighters Flyboy
10 Year Member
I only buy the "filler" games for consoles that I like. For example, I wanted the N64 and WiiU fullsets so for those consoles I bought games that I don't intend to play.
For the other consoles, I only buy games that I would like to play someday but don't know when.

You're not a real collector unless you get a full DS set.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

N64 vs Wii U...which is the better console?

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,

I can understand your logic. If I ever got within reach of a full set for any console I would probably add the titles I have no interest in ever playing, just to complete the set. Plus, if anyone was over and said "I heard that game is so bad it's funny", you would actually be able to see if that's true. ;)

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
IMG_3433.jpg

I mean it's a replica but it's fucking awesome. Custom made.

Better than another shitty game or faggot statue of a loli.

Last edited:

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
Indeed. That's like saying you spent $100 on a Milli Vanilli record because of the off chance some random would think it would be funny for 10 seconds.

That wasn't the reason he said he was buying games he didn't like (he was just buying them to complete a full set of games for a console).

I haven't had that particular scenario with games, since I only own games that I like, but I have had it happen with music or movies where I ended up with a copy of something that turned out to be really bad, and it wasn't worth selling. ;)

Galdius

n00b
You're not a real collector unless you get a full DS set.

I can only imagine the space I would need for that but it would look very cool.

N64 vs Wii U...which is the better console?

N64 without a doubt but the WiiU has some fun games.

I can understand your logic. If I ever got within reach of a full set for any console I would probably add the titles I have no interest in ever playing, just to complete the set. Plus, if anyone was over and said "I heard that game is so bad it's funny", you would actually be able to see if that's true. ;)

It's definitely a talking point even from people that don't play videogames anymore. Sometimes they will look at a game in the shelf and remember when they used to play and then they start telling stories about it. It's really fun and interesting.

lufeig

n00b
Ordered as a DIY CMVS kit.

Enclosure, PSU and all internals included, except MV-1C board.

Will take a month to arrive.

Preparing the MV-1C while I don't have the kit in my hands.
Spoiler:
FB_IMG_1565285031189.jpgFB_IMG_1565284938049.jpgFB_IMG_1565284907824.jpgFB_IMG_1565284876583.jpg

Last edited:

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Got a couple fun things recently.

pZy7BEj.jpg

Been waiting for the NGP-SD for a while now, I was on the pre-order for what felt like forever.

The new mini pad was modified by a shmups forum member with clicky joystick switches and DB15 output.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Got a couple fun things recently.

pZy7BEj.jpg

Been waiting for the NGP-SD for a while now, I was on the pre-order for what felt like forever.

The new mini pad was modified by a shmups forum member with clicky joystick switches and DB15 output.

Very nice!

How do you like the modified pad?

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Very nice!

How do you like the modified pad?

I’m surprised how good it is, compared to the originals. Actually I might like this better tbh. The switches feel right and are responsive. The buttons are stiff, but they’ll get worked in.
The whole controller is weighty and feels high quality.

Overall I’m really happy with it. I just hope these are more durable than the original NeoCD pads.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Got a ps4 slim today. Also got DQ11 and Ratchet and Clank.