hyperneophyt3 (Problem RESOVED)

(EVERYTHING HAS BEEN RESOLVED)

Purchased a Neo CD system and some Neo CD games from hyperneophyt3 exactly 3 weeks ago for $210. Of course, I've been looking for this kind of setup for a good price for over a year now, and he conned me into using a gift payment.

Lots of great communication during the sale - HORRIBLE communication after the sale. I got PM's back within minutes while trying to negotiate the deal, now it's been 4 days since my last PM received.

I purchased the item March 1st, he said he'd have it shipped out the next day.

I sent a PM March 12, got one back March 14 that said the items shipped and would be on my doorstep by Friday. No response to my inquiry for a tracking #.

I sent another PM on March 16 (the Friday it was supposed to arrive). Again, I asked for tracking.

Received a response on March 17, saying that:
"It should arrive monday or tuesday, I'll get you the tracking number asap, been checking the forums form my phone"

I sent a PM again on Tuesday, because (BIG SHOCK) there was no package. And no tracking #.

This time, I demanded a tracking # or a refund be sent immediately.

Again, BIG SHOCK - he hasn't logged in since.

So, since I was a fool and was conned into a gift payment, I'm out $210.

Thanks a lot, buddy.

I may not get my money back, but I'm certainly going to look into mail fraud.

Last edited:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Sorry to hear this.

I recently had a transaction with hyperneophyt3. Communication a little slow, but otherwise everything turned out ok. Shipped a couple later than expected but no biggie.

He also was unable to provide me with a tracking number even though he said he would.

Last edited:

fantat

NEST Puppet
20 Year Member
You can still get your money back through paypal even if you made a gift payment. I did this for an $80 item that never arrived a couple of months ago. I would start a dispute.

fantat

NEST Puppet
20 Year Member
I went through my credit card company first and had them fight it out with paypal. I only use my Capital One card with Paypal as it has the internet buying guarantee program. I had to provide my communications with the seller as proof that a sale had taken place. But all in all, it was pretty easy.

genetik

Mr. Big's Thug
Somewhat of a similar situation for me. I sent him $170 for a lot of 19 shockboxes (shipping to Canada on those is a tad high so the price was ok with me). Good communication during the deal, but super slow shipping on his part. I paid on March 1st and on the 10th he had yet to ship them. From the next PM, he told me they had shipped now (on the 12th I think). He said there was a confirmation number (which can sometime provide limited tracking), but he has yet to send It my way or respond to the latest PMs I sent.

Usually, stuff from the US shows up here within 2-3 weeks. Since I didn’t pay by paypal gift, If I get nothing in the next 2 weeks, I’ll think about getting a refund through paypal if I have yet to hear from him.

Very interesting about the credit card company/PayPal idea. Maybe I can get my money back!

Sounds like this guy is a real piece of work. I sent him an email last night with a choice: refund, send item & tracking #, or I pursue mail fraud.

fantat

NEST Puppet
20 Year Member
It really was a pretty easy process. I made one phone call to the credit card company and one email to them to which I attached the PMs from the sale conversation and that was it. It was taken off of my bill the next day.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Ohh man, Paypal hates it when you have the credit card company do a chargeback.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
That sucks. I have done a deal or two with him in the past and everything went fine. Hopefully it all gets sorted out.

genetik

Mr. Big's Thug
Well on my end, I'm not saying that he's a crook, just a slow shipper. Really hope the shockboxes gets here soon. I got a ton of MVS with inserts and no box.

Well on my end, I'm not saying that he's a crook, just a slow shipper. Really hope the shockboxes gets here soon. I got a ton of MVS with inserts and no box.

I'd have to disagree. A slow shipper at least has the courtesy to respond and/or tell the truth. A crook lies about shipping the items.

And, to boot - I struck a deal with someone else to buy another one on DP, and guess what? DP has a virus. This system is definitely my white whale.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Ohh man, Paypal hates it when you have the credit card company do a chargeback.

I've always avoided the override BUT I had to do this ONCE in a very extreme situation and PayPal returned the favor by freezing my account for a week. It didn't matter that it was an eBay transaction and they knew and confirmed I was within my right. They even suggested that I do the override and then I got puished for being a patient recipient of a parcel that was confirmed as being a scham.
I don't believe I've ever dealt with hyperneophyt3 but if I did,I would remember if we had problems.To not get a DC# is foolish and his forums history doesn't warrant paying in GIFT form imo. I hope this all works out and it would be in his best interest to make it right or he's finished here.
You're not alone here though..I'm not a happy camper atm in regards to some related STUFF with others.
BB

Last edited:

MegaGraffin

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Maybe his gf or wife shipped out your items. That seems to be a popular excuse for slow/nonexistent shipping.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Why would you pay by gift anyway? Whenever someone is asking for only gift payment I just send them a regular payment with the fees added so they can't make any excuses. If they still bitch about it not being a gift payment then they are a scammer. I get a lot of new customers and we do transactions through emails and every month I get at least 4 people sending me gift payments that never did business with me before and I always have to explain to them to be careful with gift payments because of scammers.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Does anyone have his address or phone number?

I'm digging through my PM box to see if I have it - I'll just have my cousin stop by his house, he's only about an hour away.

Dude was cool as shit with me.

Dunno if something happened. But I'd be pissed as well - hope dude sorts it out and quick.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
If nobody gives bad sellers negative feedbacks, there will be new victims in a month or two.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
link, you are in no way at fault here, but people seriously need to learn not to do do a gift payment for purchases. They don't like paying fees? Fuck them, let them figure it into their sale price LIKE EVERY BUSINESS IN AMERICA or have you add the 4% to the purchase price for using Paypal.

As a personal rule, I avoid sellers that state "Paypal gift only." "Paypal gift or add 4%" is perfectly acceptable to me.

Last edited:
Well, as far as why I gifted the payment - this was probably the most reasonably priced lot I've come across in the past year. Any other offers I've had were for eBay BIN prices (or more). I was desperate and made a dumb mistake.

Tonk - I really appreciate that offer. There's another member here who is working to try to get in touch with him and get it sorted out as well.

But, I do understand why people take gift payment only. For me, it's not the 2.9% plus $0.30. It's the fact that PayPal does not report gift payments on their 1099. I'm in the sales/transaction bracket as to where I receive a 1099 from PayPal, and taking the occasional gift payment on a larger purchase when I sell something on another forum really helps come this time of the year.

A gift payment ends up "saving" me 40% of profits at the end of the day. 1099 self-employment taxes are a bitch. And I really only sell as a hobby and for extra cash aside from my day job.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I hope someone gets me his address or phone number. I'll help get your money back.

As for gift payments - if it's a high dollar item going overseas, I usually ask for gift. I don't need people doing a chargeback on me.

But for smaller transactions, I'll gladly pay the fee.

The way PayPal fucks people has me reluctant to accept anything less than a gift payment anymore.

This dude isn't gonna scam you, but we really need to get down to business here.

Don't wait on one member to try and contact him - send me all the info you have on him and I can send my cousin there.

I remember him living about an hour or so from him - I bought a MVS package from him recently and wanted a back up plan.

He's a good dude, so I think something may have happened. No excuse not to contact you though.

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
linktothepast, sorry to hear about the transaction. I have PMed a few members regarding hyperneophyt3's personal infor. Hopefully, I can dig out his phone number and forward everything to Tonk.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
Ok, wow. Whats up, I will read through the thread before responding but Bill you have my number call me. Im in miami right now.