New classic Neo Geo project to be revealed at EVO...

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
The optimism is at retard levels now.

Why make something new when the existing games can be milked endlessly?

You both are probably right. Time will tell what snk is up to. Anyway, here's one of the interviews I was referencing:

Edit: Took me a while.

https://www.polygon.com/2016/7/15/1...w-samurai-shodown-world-heroes-metal-slug-snk

Yasuyuki Oda, Eiichi Ogura, Yuji Watanabe and Hidetoshi Ishizawa mention a lot of IP's and sound pretty ambitious about future titles/series revivals. Who knows if any of it will happen at all, but it sounds promising.

Last edited:

Doom

Crossed Swords Squire
I wonder what are the chances of them also reprinting SSV Special both on AES and MVS for the occasion lol.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I wonder what are the chances of them also reprinting SSV Special both on AES and MVS for the occasion lol.

Zero. They can just keep reprinting compilations and re-porting games with each new generation of consoles.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member

Cost to manufacture/distribute new carts: a lot
Profit from niche group of nerds buying said carts: minimal
Inventory risk from said carts: high

Cost to reissue romz: free
Profit from n00bz: massive
Inventory risk from distributing romz: none

They did the math on this one.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
At least we know for any future reference what "New Classic NEO GEO Project" means... digital NOS. Long live SNK Beijing. At this point a new pachislot would've had more impact. Anyway, the past is now, I guess.

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
Don't worry, NCI will claim that they've been granted a license to do a limited run of 100 carts with SNK's full backing. You'll know it's legitimate as it will bear a holographic numbered sticker, which will put it beyond any doubt. NGF will obviously follow this up with the English run, which will include the added bonus of a signed flyer letting you give your new cart a unique and wonderful name, just to ensure your Big Tymer status throughout the ages.

What a let down.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i've always said if it's going to be a new game, i would of liked it to be a whole new thing and not a sequel to their already existing titles. unless snk ups their game, a mark of the wolves 2 or a new fatal fury game at this point would just not live up to the rest of the games in the series. unless it's another kof game because they've already experimented too much with that series.

i would love for snk to make a truly 2d garou 2 or a real bout 3. but at this point it would be just like kof 14. good but not as good. i would personally love to hear more news about that ikari project. would love it to be a top down run and gun or even just a shock troopers clone.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
A new MOTW would be great but I would really like to see a New Samsho and not a 3d version.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I'm with you bogard. With classic spirited titles like Shovel Knight, Blaster Master Zero, and the Shantae games finding success, why couldn't snk revisit titles like Ikari Warriors or even Magician Lord?

These don't need to be big budget games or even direct sequels; just fun new titles that update and expand upon the core gameplay/concepts that their older titles already had.

The Inti Creates/WayForward route might not be such a bad direction for SNK to take these days imho.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
On switch, blaster master has shantae and shovel Knight characters, it's awesome done

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
I'm with you bogard. With classic spirited titles like Shovel Knight, Blaster Master Zero, and the Shantae games finding success, why couldn't snk revisit titles like Ikari Warriors or even Magician Lord?

These don't need to be big budget games or even direct sequels; just fun new titles that update and expand upon the core gameplay/concepts that their older titles already had.

The Inti Creates/WayForward route might not be such a bad direction for SNK to take these days imho.

This makes total sense!
Kids seem to enjoy playing games like Shovel Knight, Wonder Boy, and Blaster Master, etc. There is no need for a big budget 3d first person shooter. Just make a cool 2d game with good mechanics and it'll sell.

I wouldn't mind a new Metal Slug or Magician Lord.
I'd even like to see Metal Slug X Nam 1975 mash up.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
At least its a port of a game that's really tough to play without having an actual Neo (and a fuckton of money) or an emulator. I dig it.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Don't worry, NCI will claim that they've been granted a license to do a limited run of 100 carts with SNK's full backing. You'll know it's legitimate as it will bear a holographic numbered sticker, which will put it beyond any doubt. NGF will obviously follow this up with the English run, which will include the added bonus of a signed flyer letting you give your new cart a unique and wonderful name, just to ensure your Big Tymer status throughout the ages.

What a let down.
Hope you like Metal Slug 4 shells with the label on upside down.

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
Most Likely: Kof DLC, A bunch of neo games ported to something, a mobile game/some Cell phone spinoff title

Possible: Mainline Metal Slug, King of Fighters, or Samurai Shodown game

Less Likely: Garou, Last Blade

Never Ever: Any other SNK Series

If the announcement falls into any other category, color me surprised.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Just make a cool 2d game with good mechanics and it'll sell.
tumblr_nmv987GJgy1qkjjfoo1_500.gif

If the announcement falls into any other category, color me surprised.
The cat's out of the bag man. You need to read the thread.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
GGPO or GTFO. The netcode on these have been terrible and it hurts my soul, seriously. Good netcode is right there waiting, if Skullgirls can afford it, you can afford it.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Well at least there's a sick trailer for Geese Howard in Tekken 7:

capnd77

Marked Wolf
I heard speculation of a Arc System Works vs. SNK potential crossover, which would be kinda dope.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I heard speculation of a Arc System Works vs. SNK potential crossover, which would be kinda dope.

Sup capnd77. In light of the new "BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle" fighter that Arc just revealed, an additional crossover featuring SNK characters would be pretty cool. What's the source/web link for the rumor?

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Yeah that tweet led me to believe there is something going on between the two companies.

Fuck crossovers and guest characters. All I want is for Arc to teach SNK how to produce these beautiful graphics in GG Xrd / DB Fighterz.