Neo Geo collector age consensus.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I was 17/18 when I started, in 2004/2005. I kept buying Neo-Geo games until I was 23. Then I moved and my mom gave them all away to some redneck who helped her move worthless junk into the shed.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
31. Got my MVS Romstar cabinet in 2007 when I was 19, drove across two states to pick it up. Had a multi in it and a few games, called it good enough until I sold it in 2011 when I joined the Air Force. Kept my carts with the intent to get a CMVS. I got out of collecting retro games at that point entirely - kept it all, but didn’t buy more.

Got a MVS from Quan in November, started buying more carts again.

Probably just gonna get the MVS NeoSD Pro when it drops and call it good, I’m sitting around 50 or so carts right now.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
I'm 31. Got an MAS supergun when I was 15 with a 1 slot board. Reroofed a garage when I was 16 to pay for my first beat up AES.
Nowadays I've still got a fully modded gold system and a JNX consolized MVS.
Still own a mvs copy of garou, and about 6 AES titles. Otherwise I just use the neo SD.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Not one person commented on the fact he said he was taking a "consensus". Not a fucking one of you. That is disheartening.

Pinball

Kula's Candy
Target age 31, willy included, no batteries needed, self-upgrading.

NG owners are awkward, perfectionist, cantankerous. Like this forum. With a dangerous autocratic leader called King Rot. Not like other places, and certainly not a safe space for snowflakes :-)

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
I was 17/18 when I started, in 2004/2005. I kept buying Neo-Geo games until I was 23. Then I moved and my mom gave them all away to some redneck who helped her move worthless junk into the shed.

glad to see you still keep the grudge going strong, just let it go...

Capitalistix

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
29, got into neo collecting around 2011 when I got my first arcade cab. A fucked up but decent condition World Warrior dynamo 19". Slapped a two slot in there and went about making it an MVS. Eventually turned it into a third strike cab, sold the MVS and whatever carts I had, thought Id get a nice Unibios'd AES and collect US AES games. Did that for about four or five expensive ass games then realized I liked cars and guns and other game systems way more than what it would take to devote a life to the AES.

Now Im just trying to collect US NGCD games, which I can only imagine is considered being a mouthbreather in the Neo world. Since I heavily collect US Sega Saturn games, and Turbo CD games, I'm considering a Polymega system very much.

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
Now Im just trying to collect US NGCD games, which I can only imagine is considered being a mouthbreather in the Neo world. Since I heavily collect US Sega Saturn games, and Turbo CD games, I'm considering a Polymega system very much.

Polymega will make collecting NeoCD games (more) worthwhile. I haven't played my CD system in years, primarily because my second machine (a used system I had purchased so I wouldn't wear out the one I purchased new directly from SNK) died after a few short months. I managed to source a replacement laser but was unable to revive that machine, and I became paranoid that my other system was about to die any time I used it. The other issue was/is the PAINFUL loading on any later titles, which the Polymega will address. I have purchased two more CD titles in anticipation of the Polymega's arrival. and some more Saturn titles. and a bunch of Genesis games. It's becoming quite expensive. ;)

Xionicist

NEST Puppet
38. Picked up a second hand AES and some carts back in 1997 which I still have, but got into the MVS side of things in 2009 which would eventually lead to entirely too much arcade shit to find space for.

Capitalistix

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Polymega will make collecting NeoCD games (more) worthwhile. I haven't played my CD system in years, primarily because my second machine (a used system I had purchased so I wouldn't wear out the one I purchased new directly from SNK) died after a few short months. I managed to source a replacement laser but was unable to revive that machine, and I became paranoid that my other system was about to die any time I used it. The other issue was/is the PAINFUL loading on any later titles, which the Polymega will address. I have purchased two more CD titles in anticipation of the Polymega's arrival. and some more Saturn titles. and a bunch of Genesis games. It's becoming quite expensive. ;)

Genesis is finally getting up there. A long time ago I tried to collect a complete US Genesis collection. I gave up on that and just collect the games that truly bring me joy on that system, which is still a ton. I am trying for a compete US Saturn collection though. So that and my love for Turbo/CD really piqued my interest about polymega. And dude! Lightgun support! Thats what out me over the edge I think. I always prefer using the real machines to play games. But this is like the one clone I could see worthwhile.

I wonder if its release will have any affect on the Neo CD market. I hope not.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Damn, you gonna try for a Daytona USA net link for the complete US saturn collection? Not trolling at all when i ask. I pretty much just considered that one a no chance option when I was actively collecting saturn.

Capitalistix

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Damn, you gonna try for a Daytona USA net link for the complete US saturn collection? Not trolling at all when i ask. I pretty much just considered that one a no chance option when I was actively collecting saturn.

Im going to track it down and get it as my last game. I dont do complete collecting for many things at all, but I made Saturn a must because I love it so much, and there really isnt that many US games. To that extent, when youre talking about a game that, in my eyes, I see going for $12-1500, thats not a lot to ask for a capstone when I know that AES games regularly go for hella more and at one time I was trying to collect some of those. Sure Neo games are almost a legitimate investment, but I dont think the Daytona will really decrease, as its value is strictly due to its physical rarity, and nothing to do with the game itself.