Whats the first arcade machine or game you ever got?

neomeo

New Challenger
I got a supergun and a CPS 2 then I knew everything is possible. It’s just unbelievable that we common people can own arcade rigs now.in a million years as children thought that this would happen. Now I have it.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
My first game was a Donkey Kong. That game really sucks.

1st cab i got was a beat to hell SF2 hyper fighting red zback about 3 years ago...i got it for 150...this was by far my favorite game growing up...and this cab/game got me into the hobby

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
My first was Sigma Raijin with PGM board and Oriental Legend in 2015 (thanks, Mike).

No cabs at all, though :(

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
Saved my paper route money up and was a baller, big time!

The first machine I owned was a regular Zaxxon. Found it at a Goodwill for $50 in the 90s. Sold it to some dude on Craigslist and didn't touch arcades again for probably 7-8 years. In hindsight, it was a beautiful cabinet and I really didn't realize what I had.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
The first machine I owned was a regular Zaxxon. Found it at a Goodwill for $50 in the 90s. Sold it to some dude on Craigslist and didn't touch arcades again for probably 7-8 years. In hindsight, it was a beautiful cabinet and I really didn't realize what I had.

Similar story - my sister actually bought me a Galaga machine for like $100 from a neighbor back in the 90's. Had it for ages.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
just got my first game two weeks ago. Evil Night. Finally made the leap into arcade gaming

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
Picked this up as my first cab three years ago - not bad for $300. Monitor was even recapped already, and doesn't have any burn-in.

IMG_9858.JPG

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
I bought a Killer Instinct 2 machine back in 2007 or so. It was the beginning of the madness

Day_Man

Hardened Shock Trooper
I just got a Astro City in January, its pretty clean too.

I bought a MSH vs SF cabinet it was a HS5 Dynamo it only lasted 3 months before I sold it and bought a Blast City.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gamesboro

Kuroko's Training Dummy
My first cab was a Killer Instinct that I picked up in 2008 when I used to own a game store. I upgraded the HDD to a SD. I still own this beast but it is so damn big I’ve got to sell it off. It won’t fit down the hallway to go in my office. Same goes with my Astro City. They are both too wide to make the turn into the doorway.

I still have my Big Red 2-slot of course, and a mame cab built out of a trashed MERCS that has been converted to a million different things over the years.

Other arcade games I’ve owned:

Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Tekken Tag
TMNT
TMNT2
Sunset Riders
Final Fight (still have board - Use it for testing)
60-1
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Marvel vs. Street Fighter
X-Men (Konami 4 Player)
Super Monaco GP
Special Criminal Investigation
X-Men vs. Street Fighter (still have boards, but has bad ROMs)

I have a bunch of neo carts I can’t find right now after my last move.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I've never owned an actual cab, but my first actual arcade stuff was probably when I bought Metal Slug and Aero Fighters 2 MVS carts to use with a Phantom 1 converter way back in like 2002 or something. A few years later I was actually in the process of getting out of Neo altogether when someone on this forum posted a MV1FZ consolized system for a really reasonable price that I snatched up, so that was my first arcade motherboard (even if the jamma edge never saw any real hardware.) Too bad that CMVS bit the dust eventually, I really liked it.

-SD-

Camel Slug
First cabinet was a Super Neo 29, ended up with a matching pair. Over the years I’ve also had a Naomi which I chopped down, a New Astro City and a 32” Black Storm LCD.

flashbackx

Crossed Swords Squire
Moved into a house when I was a kid that had Zaxxon and Tron cabs left in the game room by the previous owner. Pretty much how I got into gaming.

Geekman1222

Kula's Candy
First cabinet was a Super Neo 29, ended up with a matching pair. Over the years I’ve also had a Naomi which I chopped down, a New Astro City and a 32” Black Storm LCD.

Nice, I l amost got a Hyper Neo 64 for 450$ from a closing game shop but I never went through with it (still in highschool) now I kinda wish i got it but oh well.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
JHendrix sent me AOF2 and Power Spikes 2 on MVS ahead of when I actually received my MVS cab I was buying locally. He let me have them for free, swell guy!