New Ninja Turtles cartoon looks...

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
A female Bond? Next thing you know they'll make Doctor Who a female...oh wait...bad example :tickled:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Why would Bond make a big deal about his sexuality?

Gender focus is for the smallest of minds.
So is jingoism, which is also a big part of the original character. Anyway, getting away from gender focus is exactly the reason making the character bi makes the most sense for the movie series in the long run. Making him gay is no less gender focused than keeping him straight.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
next to of course god america i
love you land of the pilgrims' and so forth oh
say can you see by the dawn's early my
country 'tis of centuries come and go
and are no more what of it we should worry
in every language even deafanddumb
thy sons acclaim your glorious name by gorry
by jingo by gee by gosh by gum
why talk of beauty what could be more beaut-
iful than these heroic happy dead
who rushed like lions to the roaring slaughter
they did not stop to think they died instead
then shall the voice of liberty be mute?
He spoke. And drank rapidly a glass of water

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
I've been watching the last series with my daughter and I can say that it's pretty damn good. It often has cues back to both the comic and the playmates toy line. It's very well done, though they didn't let the creators end the series the way they wanted which kinda sucked. It was updated just enough to make kids like it while also keeping it interesting for parents my age who have to sit through these shows.

I caught a few episodes here and there and liked what I saw. I liked the series approach to the characters and felt like the changes to characters like April worked in this series. I didn't even know the series was done. One of the best episodes was the one where the end of the episode had animation like the original cartoon. That was a nice touch and highlight for me (although kids not familiar with the original series probably might not know what to make of it?).

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Necromancer was one hell of a computer game. Played that thing for days on my C-64.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
So is jingoism, which is also a big part of the original character. Anyway, getting away from gender focus is exactly the reason making the character bi makes the most sense for the movie series in the long run. Making him gay is no less gender focused than keeping him straight.

that's like saying that chopping your dick off is no more effort than letting it remain on your body.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Lazy artists

Lazy producers, actually. I'm sure the few american artists that get to work on animation for a living would love to make something badass...but the stupid money dictates otherwise

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I never played or owned it (I got the Saturn and PC versions instead), but I remember reading in a gaming magazine that the PSX version of Duke Nukem 3D was supposed to have some extra levels that were spoofs of other PSX hits. I recall "Resident Weevil" and "Womb Trader" being mentioned, which is almost the same name as what HMG suggested. Can anybody who does have that game, or played it, recall if that was the case, or did that cool idea get cut from the final retail release?

@DevilReemed: I only have the NES port of Archon but that is indeed one badass game of action "chess". My younger brother was way better at it than me though and always cleaned my clock when we squared off on that checkered game board.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
It is heartening to see this interpretation of the TMNT in a video game released in 2017.

Totally agree with this. It was a pleasant surprise to see how much they resemble (and move) like the original live-action film. I’m definitely looking forward to this.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Definitely. That and Archon kind of set the tone with me for the rest of my life.

The first 2 Archon games were fantastic. By the time the third one came out, the limits of the game's premise were exposed. They tried to introduce new mechanics but after 2, there just wasn't anywhere else to go.

Man, it is so hard to believe that the company that once released games like Archon, M.U.L.E., Seven Cities of Gold, The Standing Stones and The Bard's Tale has turned into such a soulless corporation. Electronic Arts was the company back in the 80s and early 90s.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Burn it! Burn it with fire! My childhood hurts.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
The first 2 Archon games were fantastic. By the time the third one came out, the limits of the game's premise were exposed. They tried to introduce new mechanics but after 2, there just wasn't anywhere else to go.

Man, it is so hard to believe that the company that once released games like Archon, M.U.L.E., Seven Cities of Gold, The Standing Stones and The Bard's Tale has turned into such a soulless corporation. Electronic Arts was the company back in the 80s and early 90s.
Yeah absolutely. Times have made these companies unrecognisable.
Videogames where as much about peripheral elements (booklets, artwork, story, inspired programmers) as they where about the gaming experience itself. Everything becoming digitalised means that the world's created are dull and trivial. That for me is a big part of why non of it works these days. It's all way too self conscious (the Indies cashing in on oldschool gameplay and aesthetics) or way too thought out. Contrived to say the least.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
ITT: old nerds angry that something they liked when they were children doesn't look exactly as it did when they were children

If anything I am honestly amazed at the staying power of the Turtles.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
ITT: old nerds angry that something they liked when they were children doesn't look exactly as it did when they were children

If anything I am honestly amazed at the staying power of the Turtles.

Doesn't have to look the same. The previous three animated series have very different designs from each other and most like all three. This new shit is just horribly designed.