There is a chance we will see Shining Force 4 afterall

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Never going to happen. Nintendo is completely clueless to what the original fans that brought them into financial success really want. If they do it will be another shitty shining force Neo game.

Just go play SF III, it's amazing. It's seems weird at first cause it's 3d. But eventually you will be like "hold on, this game is fucking great". At least I did.

They could also get on finishing the canceled Landstalker PSP remake, but that will never happen either.

Last edited:

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Never going to happen. Nintendo is completely clueless to what the original fans that brought them into financial success really want. If they do it will be another shitty shining force Neo game.

Shining Force III seriously deserves a full remake for the Switch. It was one of those games that was so great.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
If sega is still not on good terms with camelot software i don't see how another shining force will happen.Though,sega has been sitting on the ip for to long now.Still what nintendo has with fire emblem shows there's a market for strategy rpgs still.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
If sega is still not on good terms with camelot software i don't see how another shining force will happen.Though,sega has been sitting on the ip for to long now.Still what nintendo has with fire emblem shows there's a market for strategy rpgs still.

The Shining seires has been active in Japan with shitty hentai drawings from Tony Taka and romance shit. The last title from the main shining force series (not counting mobile) is Shining Force Neo on PS2 (also shit).

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
The Shining seires has been active in Japan with shitty hentai drawings from Tony Taka and romance shit. The last title from the main shining force series (not counting mobile) is Shining Force Neo on PS2 (also shit).
So i've heard i never kept up with the series since part III.It be some thing if shining force could get back to it's roots but i'm not hopeful that it would.Yeah,sega been talking about revisiting there past ips but so far they continue to whore out sonic.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I'm aware of the rights ownership. Camelot is a Nintendo 2nd party developer now. Would Nintendo allow them to work on non-Nintendo platform?

And the whole point of being excited about this is to have Camelot involved in the series again.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member

Shining Force Neo was the point where I completely gave up hope on the series.... BAD memories buying and playing that game when released.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Shining in the Darkness is still one of my favorite Genesis games. I wasn't too hot when Shining Force came out at 1st because I wanted a real sequel to Darkness which of course was The Holy Ark but when Shining Force II came out, I was totally hooked. When Part III was released on the Saturn I was totally blown away how fucking good it was and then after that, every shining game turned into a basket of limp dicks.

I would love Shining Force III to get the treatment it deserves. It was such a grand idea of splitting the story into 3 scenarios across 3 discs but SoA was a rotten Son of a bitch by only cock-teasing us with part 1 in the U.S. only.

Fuck you bernie stolar.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Shining in the Darkness is still one of my favorite Genesis games. I wasn't too hot when Shining Force came out at 1st because I wanted a real sequel to Darkness which of course was The Holy Ark but when Shining Force II came out, I was totally hooked. When Part III was released on the Saturn I was totally blown away how fucking good it was and then after that, every shining game turned into a basket of limp dicks.

I would love Shining Force III to get the treatment it deserves. It was such a grand idea of splitting the story into 3 scenarios across 3 discs but SoA was a rotten Son of a bitch by only cock-teasing us with part 1 in the U.S. only.

Fuck you bernie stolar.

Ahhh, but I need to fix something for you. SOA asked which game we wanted, it was a choice of one of three. Shining Force III was one of them. It even said it would only be the first scenario. FOR WHATEVER REASON THIS WON, the other two, I wish I could remember what they were, were stand alone games. So blame the gamers as well.

Edit: Now I remember one of the games.

GRANDIA

Last edited:

fdasta0079

n00b
Ahhh, but I need to fix something for you. SOA asked which game we wanted, it was a choice of one of three. Shining Force III was one of them. It even said it would only be the first scenario. FOR WHATEVER REASON THIS WON, the other two, I wish I could remember what they were, were stand alone games. So blame the gamers as well.

I never knew this. Those people must have been on all the drugs.

A buddy of mine described SF3 as "The pinnacle of 90's anime aesthetic" the other day. I think he has a good point.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer

Fuck you bernie stolar.

Holy Ark was great. Although its been years since i played it and the only 2 Shining games I have played to completion are that and Scenario 1....so far at least. Planning to start SC2 really soon