MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

neosd

Neosd Developer
About the shells, any comment about the AES-style for an MVS cart?

I guess an MVS-style cart and horizontal label space would have been consistent!

(..btw, for "purists" would the pcb fit in a stock MVS shell?)

thanks!

Yes, it fits on original MVS cart case, it hooks strong also, enven the pcbs are not full size (like the original ones). You will need to make an small cut on the side of the cartridge to allow microsd access from the outside.

Also everying is built in Europe with European quality standarts.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
In relation to the NeoGeo, presentation is everything so the UI could be better, that said however I have seen alot worse UI's on some devices. Its clear though the device can be updated so that means so can the UI. As a release spec the UI does do what it needs to which is the main thing I guess. I suspect redoing the UI at the moment is low on their list but once people have the cart in their hands things may be different.

Last edited:

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Yes, it fits on original MVS cart case, it hooks strong also, enven the pcbs are not full size (like the original ones). You will need to make an small cut on the side of the cartridge to allow microsd access from the outside.

Also everying is built in Europe with European quality standarts.

Cool, that's *perfect*....is the cut needed only to insert/remove the card or does the SD goes a bit outside of the shell? ..developers aside, probably after putting all the files, there won't be need to access the SD so often..

Anyway, sounds like everybody will be happy..way to go!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I'm willing to buy a few units to have in my store if the UI is improved. How about you guys use Raz's UI and compensate him for it?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I'm willing to buy a few units to have in my store if the UI is improved. How about you guys use Raz's UI and compensate him for it?

^^^^This....

I like this plan... neosd... you have the product... Razoola has the User Interface and knowledge of the Bios features...

I'd actually consider a co-operative measure here....

xROTx

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple
a coop with raz would be perfect, perfect, fckn perfect! Awesome hardware, awesome gui - perfect product for the neo scene...#1 forever....

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I would prefer the cart price to stay at what it is.

It's OK... i'm getting a discount otherwise i'm banning Razoola and neosd...

.../flex...

xROTx

PS. On Topic... this thread has been raised to Rot level 3... aka... I'll keep my eye on it... excessive dumbness won't be tolerated...

EDIT: I've never reached level 10 yet... I think that is a scorched Earth type affair...

EXTRA EDIT: Fuck Darksoft... I'd happily ban him again if I hadn't already...

EXTRA EXTRA EDIT: Any lurking Darksoft supporters?... please raise a hand... err... I'm giving out fr33 sweeties...

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Thanks for the support guys, I'm not sure what to say, I'm just so happy you think the NeoGeo Land UI is so good given in reality I quickly knocked it up. Its nice to hear the vision is on the mark.

For me its clear that these guys know what they are doing so I want to be careful with how I say this. These guys have got to where they have with no help from myself. Its clear to me at least they have experiance in areas I do not so the reality is do they really need any advice from me? That said I have my areas of skill and vision also.

I have offered my help directly in relation to the UI if they require it and I am open to working with them going forward. At the moment though I think it would be good to keep NeoGeo Land it its own thread and NeoSD here. I think they will get the message about the UI without being pressered into it.

Last edited:

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
yea NeoGeo land is excellent
would be cool if u guys worked something out & got it working in the neosd

i got $5 on it

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Why do people care about the interface?!? Basic Everdrive style list of folders/games works fine.

Sounds like the effort was put into functionality, which should be applauded. If it bothers you, go watch Raz's video right before playing a game.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Why do people care about the interface?!? Basic Everdrive style list of folders/games works fine.

Sounds like the effort was put into functionality, which should be applauded. If it bothers you, go watch Raz's video right before playing a game.

Why do people care about a boxed Mega CD?!? Basic Mega CD console works just fine.

Different strokes for different folks.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,

I care for the best product... why make a half assed product when... with a bit of effort... you can make a better customer experience...

...It's like asking "Why do I go to a strip joint and not get a bareback..."

xROTx

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I care for the best product... why make a half assed product when... with a bit of effort... you can make a better customer experience...

xROTx

More like going to an amazing strip club and complaining that the bouncer was kind of a dick on your way in.

This sounds like a great project... staying tuned.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member

xROTx

? Bareback? :)

I think that means something different over here, so you're a bottom Rot? :)

OT- looks great so far, don't really care how the UI is as long as it works as it should

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Incoming controversial questions:

How will this flash cart handle hacked games, is this supported?
What about the NG DEV.TEAM releases?

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
Razoolas neogeo land is great, why wouldn't you want that as an interface?

I think neosd stated that they don't want to make any promises until any additional projects & working designs are complete

Dahun72

NEST Puppet
I love to tinker as much as the next guy and I'm intrigued by this. But something is amiss - perhaps the price, perhaps the load times changing games.... Not sure. Maybe coz we have the 161 carts, they should just do 1 fighting game cat and 1 others cart and bam you wouldn't need anything else.
I'll check it out further when it's actually out. Until then I'll go about my business collecting carts.
Great work from the developers, well done.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
EXTRA EXTRA EDIT: Any lurking Darksoft supporters?... please raise a hand... err... I'm giving out fr33 sweeties...

I've supported Darksoft when I bought his excellent CPS2 Multikit.

I've supported Razoola when I bought his excellent Unibios.

I don't lurk though. Is that cool?