NES 1CC THREAD OF POWAH!

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Not to be a cock, but how do you find so much time to 1CC games, andsuchisdeath?

No life.

EDIT: Also, all of these games are relatively easy. I can play an arcade game for months upon months and plateau with almost zero progress. Your average 19 year older raised on touhou could probably clear a mildly challenging arcade title 2 million times faster than I could.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I got the Heavy Barrel 1cc a few hours ago.

It's definitely one of the best, if not the best overhead run 'n gun on the NES. Although I need to play more Guerrilla War/Guevarra in order to accurately make that assessment.

Guerrilla War Guevara has a lot of sentimental value for me but it's no Heavy Barrell. Guevara would be the one to try and 1CC 'cause Guerrilla War is a nut fest, infinite lives on a higher difficulty it's kinda ruff for a 1CC.

I'm gonna get back on the NES workhorse and see what I can come up with.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
No life.

EDIT: Also, all of these games are relatively easy. I can play an arcade game for months upon months and plateau with almost zero progress. Your average 19 year older raised on touhou could probably clear a mildly challenging arcade title 2 million times faster than I could.

Nah, you must have some talent for this kinda shit.

I am at the opposite end of the spectrum, takes me forever to even complete some of the games you've 1CC'd.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I 1cc'd Ninja Gaiden II this morning.

Jeez…I can't believe how forgiving this game is compared to the first Ninja Gaiden. I pretty much never had any fewer than 8 lives in stock. The final stage allows you to pick up the 1 up after every death. Even if you die on boss fights. Not to mention the game still has score based extends.

You are more or less rewarded for dying after both the first two boss forms. Even though you need to replay the beginning of the level, you'll never have to refight any of the previous boss forms you've killed. Plus you'll have full health and a chance to regrab the extend.

I died numerous times on the last stage and ended up reseting the score counter. I played the famicom version..I don't know if there are any differences between it and the US release. I've never really sunk my teeth into II until recently. Anyways, the game is awesome and I think i'm going to take a break from the NES for awhile..

Last edited:

OmegaMan

n00b
Was working on a no-hit run of CV1 for a long time. I've done a no-death run a few times. I've done a no-hit up to Dracula but he's so unpredictable when he randomly appears that the no-hit is really tough.

OmegaMan

n00b
I've also done a Contra no-hit (not that hard). I've done the Mike Tyson first round TKO. Castlevania 1CC as well.

Currently got fixated on Zelda1 for NES. Trying to speed run it. Just recently cracked the 40 min barrier. Utilizing a lot of screen wrapping. I find it to be a really infectious game to play and moreso speed run.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Off the wagon again…

I got the 1cc for Bad Dudes today.
I used to think the game was unplayable years ago. Obviously I never understood the tools in the game (charge punch and weapon abuse).

It's really easy and definitely fun.

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Wow I've been neglecting the NES for quite some time.

I 1cc'd Fist Of The North Star today.

The game is a lot more fun than I anticipated it to be.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Wow I've been neglecting the NES for quite some time.

I 1cc'd Fist Of The North Star today.

The game is a lot more fun than I anticipated it to be.

Oh NICE one! You have knocked out some tough ones damn. Yeah I've neglected my NES stuff need to get back on it again.

@ Death have you messed w/ Ghosts n Goblins NES to try and 1cc it? Lol, I got kocky after I did the no death run on Super Ghouls n Ghosts and thought lets get this one done as well shouldn't be that bad huh?.

Well I got my shit pushed in lol, and was humbled real guick on stage 6 loop 1. Im not going to even go there anymore with this one. I need to keep what sanity I have left.

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
@ Death have you messed w/ Ghosts n Goblins NES to try and 1cc it? Lol, I got kocky after I did the no death run on Super Ghouls n Ghosts and thought lets get this one done as well shouldn't be that bad huh?.

I've barely played Ghosts N' Goblins. I've never found it appealing when compared to Ghouls and Super Ghouls.

robot

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I'm trying really hard to just finish Ninja Gaiden (let alone 1 CC it) but that last boss is a real pain in the ass. Dying from any of it's 3 forms sends you all the way back to 6-1. I can do it with save states on the 3DS Virtual Console, but that's leaving me very unfulfilled.

Been trying to finish a lot of the games I couldn't as a kid - NG, Contra (no code), Journey to Silius, Batman, etc. I guess 1CC is possible, but baby steps.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Been trying to finish a lot of the games I couldn't as a kid - NG, Contra (no code), Journey to Silius, Batman, etc. I guess 1CC is possible, but baby steps.

I'd focus your efforts on Contra. It's definitely the easiest of the bunch. Ninja Gaiden can be tricky, and I've found both Batman and Journey to Silius to be tough.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Ninja Gaiden isn't that bad. Focus on keeping and taking that Jump & Slash from 6-2 into the boss fight. 1 or 2 shots is all it takes. Even if you die and restart from 6-1, you will not have to refight any bosses that you have already killed.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Ninja Gaiden isn't that bad. Focus on keeping and taking that Jump & Slash from 6-2 into the boss fight. 1 or 2 shots is all it takes. Even if you die and restart from 6-1, you will not have to refight any bosses that you have already killed.

Yeah this is what I do as well. It's well worth getting the spin slash?? granted it will respawn enemies but just shreds the first boss so it's well worth the trouble. Second boss is all about memorizing his fire ball pattern he's really not hard at all once you figure out how to manipulate the 2 fire balls he shoots out, some will shoot off the screen and some will chase you. I always sorta ran with him as he was going back in forth across the screen. Then jumping up on the corner pedestals and striking him right after he shot the fireballs depending on which side of the screen you and he were on. This will give you time to strike the fireballs after you hit him before he shoots the next round. The final Demon statue can be a problem if not killed quick. Some people don't kill the tail but I always do that way you can get in a little closer to land good hits without worrying of it hitting you. Sometimes the demon statue won't spawn a lot of projectiles and sometimes it will spam you non stop. Just a random draw each time you get to him.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Business has arrived! Good job pegboy!

I only have 2 no death runs; Kabuki Quantum Fighter and Gunsmoke (Looped 5 times over, deaths after the first loop can't remember where exactly)

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I'd focus your efforts on Contra. It's definitely the easiest of the bunch. Ninja Gaiden can be tricky, and I've found both Batman and Journey to Silius to be tough.

My batman 1cc is always so random. Joker owns me sometimes for my dumbass mistakes.

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
Business has arrived! Good job pegboy!

I only have 2 no death runs; Kabuki Quantum Fighter and Gunsmoke (Looped 5 times over, deaths after the first loop can't remember where exactly)

Holy crap you looped Gunsmoke 5 times? Does it get harder each loop? That's definitely a game on my list to try and 1CC at some point. Loved it as a kid, can't wait to play it again.

Last edited:

Jarofmayo

Morden's Lackey
Only games I can think of are Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers and The Karate Kid

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I always thought it was pretty funny where Disney named that Chip and Dale cartoon from.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Holy crap you looped Gunsmoke 5 times? Does it get harder each loop? That's definitely a game on my list to try and 1CC at some point. Loved it as a kid, can't wait to play it again.

2nd loop is a little harder but not by much after that it just stays at that pace from there on. I sometimes loop the first stage and load up on weapons and some back-up money for the later stages. The arcade counterpart is so much more robust but I still love the NES port.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Updated

Contra (2 All)
Super Contra (1 All)
Contra Force
Kabuki Quantum Fighter
Ninja Crusaders (1 All)
Ninja Cop Saizo
Choujin Sentai Jetman
Spartan X 2