Official SNK Neo-Geo Book: NEOGEO: A VISUAL HISTORY ネオジオ〜目で楽しむ軌跡〜 (Publisher Bitmap Books)

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
I thought only the mega edition came with the pin badge? And... it's supposed to be one mega edition per household... so....

Don't think so. People that got the collector edition also got the pin badge. Correct me if I'm wrong. Also that's what has been posted across the net and in this thread as well.

Edit: Yup, like I said I'm missing one pin badge

jPAwaRP.png

Last edited:

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Everything arrived safe and sound! A big thank you to everyone! You all rock! :buttrock:

neogeo visual history book arrival.jpg

thegreathopper

NAM-75 Vet
20 Year Member
I thought only the mega edition came with the pin badge? And... it's supposed to be one mega edition per household... so....

I got the pin badge with my collectors edition, great book guys I love the Black,,,, very cool :):)

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Got my books today. Nice packaging even though DPD made sure to try and smash up the package. Books survived though.

Seems like I'm missing the pin badge. Got two books but only only pin badge.

I couldn't locate the pin badge or art prints with my Collectors edition. Only came with the book and the stickers.

I'll double check for sanity's sake, but I would think taking it out of the packaging and opening the book that they would be obvious.

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
I couldn't locate the pin badge or art prints with my Collectors edition. Only came with the book and the stickers.

I'll double check for sanity's sake, but I would think taking it out of the packaging and opening the book that they would be obvious.

The art prints I believe are in the book. I'll unseal it when I get home. The pin badge that was missing was not in the package however. The other book that had the pin badge had it wrapped in bubblewrap and it was attached to the cardboard box the book came with, hard to miss.

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
The art prints I believe are in the book. I'll unseal it when I get home. The pin badge that was missing was not in the package however. The other book that had the pin badge had it wrapped in bubblewrap and it was attached to the cardboard box the book came with, hard to miss.

Yes, the prints are inside the book, in a small folder just behind the cover.
Actually, I missed the pin badge upon opening the box and found it later when I was folding the cartons to throw them away!

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Frazier, thank you, and thank you to all the great people involved in this project.

This book is sexy. Neo Geo has always had the feel of being the Rolls Royce of gaming, and the camera work here, the quality of the materials used, the meticulously curated layout, typeface and font, not to mention the masterful use of colour all come together to continue to drive home the fact that this is a special brand.

I bought the Super Famicom Art book from Bitmap some months back, and not to take away from how fantastic that book is, this Neo Geo Visual History feels like it's on another level.

Again, thank you for making this happen.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Don't think so. People that got the collector edition also got the pin badge. Correct me if I'm wrong. Also that's what has been posted across the net and in this thread as well.

Edit: Yup, like I said I'm missing one pin badge

jPAwaRP.png

oh, fair enough, my bad. I'm missing a 2nd pin too then, but I'm really not fussed.

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
It's not that of a big deal but since one book is not mine and I'll be keeping the Mega Edition it would be nice to have the second one as well.

Edit: On another note the t-shirt is really really nice! I got a medium and it fits me just fine. No shaggy sleeves, a nice tight fit and it's rather long for a medium sized t-shirt.

It's also a bit stretchy, just enough.

FYI I'm 1.88 currently at 87kg bodyweight.

Frazer, do you know if the SNK t-shirts by fangamer are the same size as this one or smaller?

Last edited:

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
Got mine last night.

I'm very impressed. Ererything about this is dripping with quality. The paper/ink, binding, photos, research, everything about this is really immaculate and high-quality. My hat's off to Sam and everyone involved with this project. Well done.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Where's that guy with the Patrick Bateman avi that used to make those long and oddly sexual posts about his mint shelf AES collection in glass display cases and showing them to the women that he has in his mansion? I just got this book in the mail and I feel it deserves that treatment :lolz:

I've been a big fan of Bitmap Books for a while, but this thing murders anything else they've ever done, it's so good!

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I got the Collector's edition and almost threw the pin out because the bubble wrap iit was in looked like part of the packaging. That would've been my bad.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
All these people throwing the badge out, haha...

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Instead of this I bought a Snes book to go with the Snes mini. On a scale of 1 - 10 how much of a fagit am I?

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
Got my book today but I decided not to open it before christmas eve. Looking forward to it. Huge thanks to all the guys who contributed to it.

todosnk

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
anyone in europe with a spare collectors edition?

i ordered the mega and standard, just received today, and i so much like it that i want the collectors edition too!

mahesak

Morden's Lackey
Just got all 3 version ;)
Normal
Collector
Mega

I opened and read some topics in book and very pleased. It's very worth ...

Just one thing in my openion, I want all titles AES complete in book so I want you (Frazer) make next book to have complete titles AES and CD or MVS. It will be great book for reference when someone want to know all detail. I will be ome of fanclub your book excatly ;)

Thanks for making great book for neogeo ;)
Regards,
Saad