New South Park

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I am so out of touch with SP. Last season I watched was 16 I think.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Tonight's episode was gold.

I see where they're going and I love it.

It was okay. Honestly it was boring AF. They are pulling all their punches. I couldn't relate to the white people renovating houses motif. Stan, Kyle, and Kenny only appeared in the beginning it seemed, and the rest of the show was about Randy and Cartman.

I think this is the last season. It fucking sucked.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Bad episode. Boring, like Wasabi said. It's not often that an entire episode contains zero laugh-worthy moments, and this one did that.

Script came off like it was afraid to actually address the topic.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I'm giving them time. Given how the last couple seasons have played out I don't expect much the first couple episodes.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I haven't been fond of the formula for the past few seasons. I did laugh at a few parts of this new episode but I also don't think I paid a lot of attention to it so I'll watch it again.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I haven't been fond of the formula for the past few seasons. I did laugh at a few parts of this new episode but I also don't think I paid a lot of attention to it so I'll watch it again.

The memberberries won.

Marek

Banned
It was okay. Honestly it was boring AF. They are pulling all their punches. I couldn't relate to the white people renovating houses motif. Stan, Kyle, and Kenny only appeared in the beginning it seemed, and the rest of the show was about Randy and Cartman.

I think you need to give it a week or so. When the redneck stormed out and went off about minorities, combined with the tiki torches laying around, I think it's setting up for a stab to the jugular of alt right racist lite.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I think you need to give it a week or so. When the redneck stormed out and went off about minorities, combined with the tiki torches laying around, I think it's setting up for a stab to the jugular of alt right racist lite.

I have been following Matt and Trey's interviews and honestly

They come off as people who want to see the problem on both sides.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I for one am glad that South Park manages to heavily criticize right wing politics without playing into leftist bullshit and often taking good shots at the left at the same time. I might not think South Park is the best it could be, but that is a talent that the show creators have something to be proud of in my opinion.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

Trey has been coasting for a few years now. Instead of providing satire of something new each episode, they've stuck to one topic and have dragged that out for an entire season. I do not like multi-part episodes and I especially now do not like these huge, overarching storylines.

South Park had a good run, I still watch episodes before season 9 occassionally, but I haven't been excited for new seasons of South Park for a few years now. Again, just my personal opinion, but Trey is coasting now - he knows he doesn't have to crank out quality that was on par with early South Park, he knows Comedy Central will continue to renew, so he doesn't care to put as much effort in. Plus, he's close to 50 now and has been doing this for 20 years, so I can get why these past few seasons have been lackluster.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I remember seeing an inverview back in the late 90's (Probably when the movie came out), where one of the creators said "I dont see myself doing this in 10 years".

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Didn't they mention something about continuing to do what they do until they're cancelled? I wouldn't expect much.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Really good episode. Credit where it's due, that one measures up to the best of the past several seasons.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
Read about the Alexa episode and watched it online. I thought it was complete horseshit.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
It was complete garbage and shows how detached from non-white America Matt and Trey can be.

wasabi I'm not smart nor sober, and I just watched this. Please go into further depth so I can understand, it didn't seem half-bad compared to recent episodes. Also the wiki says this is about Weinstein instead of black people so really I dunno what your post is about. I'm an idiot, dumb it down for me.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
wasabi I'm not smart nor sober, and I just watched this. Please go into further depth so I can understand, it didn't seem half-bad compared to recent episodes. Also the wiki says this is about Weinstein instead of black people so really I dunno what your post is about. I'm an idiot, dumb it down for me.

The alexa episode was where the white people marched through the town saying “you will not replace us” so randy helps them get work as alexas and google homes. Problem solved.

Marek

Banned
It was complete garbage and shows how detached from non-white America Matt and Trey can be.

Uhh you must be joking. Did you miss this one?

"Truck driving and coal mining aren't exactly jobs of the future " -randy marsh

You missed the point chuck. They're calling out white America pretty fucking hard this season, but they're doing multiple story arcs instead of one

Disenfranchised drunk rednecks and their opioid crisis, white supremacy in general. They are on point imo.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Uhh you must be joking. Did you miss this one?

"Truck driving and coal mining aren't exactly jobs of the future " -randy marsh

You missed the point chuck. They're calling out white America pretty fucking hard this season, but they're doing multiple story arcs instead of one

Disenfranchised drunk rednecks and their opioid crisis, white supremacy in general. They are on point imo.

The people marching and chanting “jew will not replace us” are more focused on scaring ethnic and religious minorities,

But hey, at least you thought a shit episode that white washed a major problem was funny. You should check out Dennis Miller.

Marek

Banned
The people marching and chanting “jew will not replace us” are more focused on scaring ethnic and religious minorities,

But hey, at least you thought a shit episode that white washed a major problem was funny. You should check out Dennis Miller.

What I'm saying is that the story line isn't done yet. I think it was a good setup