NEO TURF MASTERS: Los Turfes Club! Score Thread.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
LOS TURFES CLUB SCORE BOARD UPDATE!!!!

\\**--- LOS TURFES CLUB MEMBERSHIP BANNERS ---**//
Spoiler:

Welcome to the club! If interested in promoting awareness to our club please add the respective banner to your signature. Both banners are linked to their proper club threads, to have the link in your signature within the banner simply quote the post, copy and paste the respective section below between the dotted lines.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

\\**--- RULES & REGULATIONS ---**//
Spoiler:

- DEFAULT SETTINGS
- INFINITE CONTINUES
- LEVEL 4 or MVS
- NO MULLIGANS
- NO SAVE STATES
- PICTURES

RECORD ENTRY FORMAT 101

Name | Score | Course | Golfer | Platform | Credits |

PLATFORMS

- MVS
- AES
- NGCD
- Ports
- Emulation

*All emulation is accepted, just be specific about which emulator was used.

Pictures are required to legitimize your entry.

The more pics the better, but the most important pic is the score board, so keep that in mind, get ready to take the picture before you putt the last hole, this way you'll be ready to take pics right after the last hole as the score board comes up quickly and goes away just as fast.

No pics, no entry.

We take all entries although the more info the better so, please feel free to post your scores, old, new, it doesn't matter, just do it up but keep it clean and honest.

Here's is an example for future entries, not required but very helpful for the thread and future statistics reports.

Vectorman0 | -10 | USA | GER | FCD | 2 |
electricgrave | -7 | USA | UK | FCD | 3 |

attachment.php

****NEW FEATURE!****
Now you can participate with more than one entry per course when using different golfers!!!!

\\**--- SCORE BOARD ---**//
Spoiler:

0027_zps3jqqcjbg.png

\\**--- U.S.A. ---**//
Code:
    Name              | SCR | CHR | SYS  | C |

1) oliverclaude      | -15 | GER | AES  | 0 |
 2) bustedstr8        | -12 | GER | MVS  | 1 |
^3) ElectricGrave     | -11 | UK  | FCD  | 1 |
 4) Vectorman0        | -10 | GER | FCD  | 3 |
*4) SunJammer         | -10 | GER | MVS  | 2 |
 5) Ajflutie          |  -8 | GER | NRX  | ? |
*5) shylax            |  -8 | JAP | MAME | 4 |
 6) Caplet            |  -5 | AUS | MVS  | 4 |
 7) ShootTheCore      |  -3 | GER | MVS  | 4 |
*7) ElectricGrave     |  -3 | BRZ | MVS  | 4 |
*7) Godzilla          |  -3 | ??? | ???? | ? |
 8) mjmjr25           |  +6 | UK  | MVS  | 5 |

0029_zpsphxdwej8.png

\\**--- JAPAN ---**//
Code:

1) Oliverclaude      | -19 | GER | AES  | 0 |
^2) ElectricGrave     | -12 | UK  | FCD  | 3 |
 3) Ajflutie          | -11 | GER | MAME | ? |
^3) shylax            | -11 | JAP | MAME | 3 |
 4) bustedstr8        | -10 | GER | MVS  | 3 |
 5) Beelzebub         |  -7 | GER | MVS  | 3 |
 5) Pretty Amy        |  -7 | JPN | MVS  | 3 |
 6) Opethian          |  -6 | UK  | AES  | 3 |
^7) unofficialitguy   |  -5 | ??? | ???? | ? |
 8) Giltygear         |  -4 | UK  | MVS  | 4 |
 9) ShootTheCore      |  -3 | UK  | MVS  | 3 |
 9) Caplet            |  -3 | AUS | MVS  | 4 |
*9) supersega         |  -3 | USA | NGCD | 3 | 
10) mjmjr25           |   0 | UK  | MVS  | 4 |
11) 1up               |  +5 | UK  | MVS  | ? |

0024_zpsqqx7lle2.png

\\**--- GERMANY ---**//
Code:
    Name           | SCR | CHR | SYS  | C |

1) bustedstr8     | -19 | GER | MVS  | 0 |
 2) oliverclaude   | -18 | GER | AES  | 0 |
^3) Vectorman0     | -13 | GER | FCD  | 1 |
^3) ElectricGrave  | -13 |  UK | FCD  | 1 |
 4) PSICODROMO     | -10 | GER | MVS  | 1 |
*5) shylax         |  -8 | JAP | MAME | 4 |
 5) Opethian       |  -4 |  UK | AES  | ? |
 6) ShootTheCore   |   0 | GER | ?    | 4 |

18 Hole Splash Screen Slideshow

\\**--- AUSTRALIA ---**//
Code:

1) oliverclaude      | -19 | GER | AES  | 0 | 
^2) ElectricGrave     | -14 | UK  | FCD  | 1 |
*3) shylax            | -12 | JAP | MAME | 2 |
 3) bustedstr8        | -10 | GER | MVS  | 3 |
 4) ShootTheCore      |  -6 | GER | MVS  | 3 |
 4) Sudo shinji       |  -6 | GER | MVS  | 3 |
*4) heihachi          |  -6 | USA | MVS  | 3 |
 5) Pretty Amy        |  -5 | JAP | MVS  | 3 |
*5) Vectorman0        |  -5 | GER | FCD  | 3 |

SCT_zpspusdeziu.jpg

\\**--- SCOTLAND ---**//
Code:
    Name               | SCR | CHR | SYS  | C |

1) oliverclaude       | -12 | GER | NGCD | 2 |
 2) ShootTheCore       | +32 | GER | NGCD | 7 |

\\**--- NEWS FLASH!!! ---**//
Spoiler:
****----!!!! NEW FEATURES !!!!----****

Now you can participate with more than one entry per course when using different golfers!!!!

On another note, I like to spread awareness about FIGHTCADE a FINAL BURN ALPHA emulator that allows Neo Turf Masters to be played online, it also plays most Neo, CPS2, CPS3 and some other systems. Fightcade is easy to use and requires very little to run. Double runs are welcomed and all entries will be accepted, it can be one record out of the two or both, it's up to you and how you submit the score entry. "Match Play" is also welcomed for a future addendum to the club, so don't hesitate to try it out! Below is a link to AJ's Fightcade thread with all the info, hype and salty regrets.

FIGHTCADE

Oliverclaude's Footnotes on all things NTM: Pretty much a FAQ so read up and learn!

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
It's about goddamn time! I'd yap something in the fashion of 'welcome back', but for me you never left, your scores & this thread were here all the time... ;).

First: Congratulations on the runs, to call them decent is saying the least, they're damn fine efforts. Congrats, indeed!

Second: What's with that "guide"? I was looking forward to see how you approached each hole, but there's just a plain image of the course... no instructions, no arrows, no nothing -- am I missing anything?

Third... welcome back (hahahaha...)

Hey Oli! Thanks for the kind words of encouragement as always.

I edited properly so...(edit note pasted just in case you missed it) You're right, it is not a guide, that's a bit ambitious from my part to call it such. You see, I just use the splash screens as an aid as they disappear way too quick to make good use out of them. Think of it as a NTM NGPC addendum as that game does allow you to view the whole course by scrolling and it has the yardage at all times, this splash screen facilitate such tools in a more rudimentary but practical way. Any foot notes you might like to add I'm game for a collaboration, we can make a blog course by course or anything you like.

Also I'd like to make you all aware that I'm working on all the courses splash screens, it's taking me some time as I don't dedictae myself as much as I should but little by little I'll make them all available to our fellow turfers. A curios thing is that the hole in the green isn't always the same, so far I've found 4 different ones in one hole, I have the separate screens and could add them in if needed, but the main thing is to know the green for your approach and use the NSEW (North, South, East, West) and center attributes accordingly, at least that's how I do it.

I think it's time we (double digit fiends ;)) start playing with other characters and add more entries to the club!

I want to thank the newcomers once again for their tremendous runs! Showing some real talent there fellas!

*Unofficialityguy, my man, glad to see you're still swinging it! Would you mind editing your submissions with the entry format so I can upload your scores? Thanks in advance padnah!
Spoiler:
Popped in NTM the other day and gave it another go:

a6b11361a9dc3a850f74f37f576d5b0e.jpg

Rusty as hell and the back 9 killed any chance of a decent score.

Front 9 wasn't anything to write home about either ��
My personal best on the Japan course. Still only 8th place but at least I didn't bogey everything on the back 9:

858a88ea3daf0854c06d220edd405073.jpg

*Godzilla, same to you pal and thanks for participating!
Spoiler:

*Gamerwhat, I didn't mean to be so short bud but you caught me off guard...so let me explain, if you start a game in fightcade on your own, click the game tab, under it you'll see the Add new memory card and all the features, it's limited but it works. The thing is, it works well for single player mode but not too keen on multiplayer as everything goes back to the fightcade defaults in some settings, but it's still helpful for single runs to keep your score average and such, hope that helps. If you need some help let's hook up on fightcade and I'll guide you through it, or we can use the chat here, there's also Skype which works really well with fightcade, some of us here use it.
Spoiler:

If anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
AJ my man, we gotta get some games going soon and let the salt flow...

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Thx Jib
let's play some mini turfes soon eg!
Hell yeah man, I'm up for some games, text me and let's set something up.

Hole 16 killed me :blow_top:

heihachi | -6| Australia | USA | MVS | 3 |

http://imgur.com/a/Wc2Qp
Awesome, welcome to the Club!

Score Board Updated, keep it up Turfers!

Edit: Looking to have a special kind of tourney, I'm open to ideas...here's one that I've been thinking of; What if we make some sort of High Stakes Tourney where you can bet on your game in some way, whether it's final score, amount of pars, birdies, or something that gives everyone some sort of level field to keep things interesting. The closer you are to your bet the more you win, I'm not sure what exactly or how to implement this, I'm just brainstorming here so please feel free to post your ideas, the goal is to give everyone a fair chance to win regardless of proficiency. Also thinking of playing it on teams of 3 to level the field even further, so post away and let's see if we can make it happen. I know it's hard to commit to anything as we all lead busy grown up lives and what have you but I don't think we should rush it, maybe make it a 2016 thing and close the tournament 2017 and start a new one...

I've also been thinking of doing an all around NGF Sports Event where we can have a multi score board thread and kick ass left and right...not sure yet on that one, most sports games are better played as multiplayer but if anyone has any ideas please don't hesitate to share.

Edit #2: I also remembered to update the Blog, I actually like the Blog 'cause you can still edit the 1st post! Here's the Link (Los Turfes Club Blog!!!) for those curious, it's just the splash page I keep updating in every page so nothing new. Another reminder is the Oli's swing Blog (read it folks, it's the key to victory!) where all his wisdom has been posted to avoid scrolling through all the pages although it's kinda fun to go through all the entries, lol.

Last edited:

SunJammer

n00b
random question: how do you put backspin on a ball, so that it stops dead on impact, etc? Is it some combination of a lower numbered club with less power?

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Hold down on the stick after the first button press that sets the power.

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Though ebinsugewa correctly explained it, the ball may still move forward or backwards or even sideways depending on the surface it lands on (the higher the grass for example, obviously, the less it will move), the wind and the trajectory of its flight (the higher the parabola, the better are the chances it won't move -- if you hit it flat, it won't stop on impact).

It would apper, that the he best way is to strike it high, so it falls down almost in a straight line and at least into the rough. Everything else is not verifiable.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
ebinsugewa | -9 | Germany | Robert Landolt | MAME | 2

Screenshot 2016-12-04 19.12.09.png

hole 13 whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
hole 13 whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Yeah, why indeed? You approach it from the right with a single slice, stop right before the bunker. Next is landing on the green and put it in... was it the wind or the position of the flag? Anyway, top score on all other holes!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Los Turfes Club Update!!!

\\**--- LOS TURFES CLUB MEMBERSHIP BANNERS ---**//
Spoiler:

Welcome to the club! If interested in promoting awareness to our club please add the respective banner to your signature. Both banners are linked to their proper club threads, to have the link in your signature within the banner simply quote the post, copy and paste the respective section below between the dotted lines.

\\**--- RULES & REGULATIONS ---**//
Spoiler:

- DEFAULT SETTINGS
- INFINITE CONTINUES
- LEVEL 4 or MVS
- NO MULLIGANS
- NO SAVE STATES
- PICTURES

RECORD ENTRY FORMAT 101

PLATFORMS

- MVS
- AES
- NGCD
- Ports
- Emulation

*All emulation is accepted, just be specific about which emulator was used.

Pictures are required to legitimize your entry.

The more pics the better, but the most important pic is the score board, so keep that in mind, get ready to take the picture before you putt the last hole, this way you'll be ready to take pics right after the last hole as the score board comes up quickly and goes away just as fast.

No pics, no entry.

We take all entries although the more info the better so, please feel free to post your scores, old, new, it doesn't matter, just do it up but keep it clean and honest.

Here's is an example for future entries, not required but very helpful for the thread and future statistics reports.

Vectorman0 | -10 | USA | GER | FCD | 2 |
electricgrave | -7 | USA | UK | FCD | 3 |

attachment.php

****NEW FEATURE!****

\\**--- SCORE BOARD ---**//
Spoiler:

0027_zps3jqqcjbg.png

\\**--- U.S.A. ---**//
Code:

1) oliverclaude      | -15 | GER | AES  | 0 |
 2) bustedstr8        | -12 | GER | MVS  | 1 |
^3) ElectricGrave     | -11 | UK  | FCD  | 1 |
 4) Vectorman0        | -10 | GER | FCD  | 3 |
*4) SunJammer         | -10 | GER | MVS  | 2 |
 5) Ajflutie          |  -8 | GER | NRX  | ? |
*5) shylax            |  -8 | JAP | MAME | 4 |
 6) Caplet            |  -5 | AUS | MVS  | 4 |
 7) ShootTheCore      |  -3 | GER | MVS  | 4 |
*7) ElectricGrave     |  -3 | BRZ | MVS  | 4 |
*7) Godzilla          |  -3 | ??? | ???? | ? |
 8) mjmjr25           |  +6 | UK  | MVS  | 5 |

0029_zpsphxdwej8.png

\\**--- JAPAN ---**//
Code:

1) Oliverclaude      | -19 | GER | AES  | 0 |
^2) ElectricGrave     | -12 | UK  | FCD  | 3 |
 3) Ajflutie          | -11 | GER | MAME | ? |
^3) shylax            | -11 | JAP | MAME | 3 |
 4) bustedstr8        | -10 | GER | MVS  | 3 |
 5) Beelzebub         |  -7 | GER | MVS  | 3 |
 5) Pretty Amy        |  -7 | JPN | MVS  | 3 |
 6) Opethian          |  -6 | UK  | AES  | 3 |
^7) unofficialitguy   |  -5 | ??? | ???? | ? |
 8) Giltygear         |  -4 | UK  | MVS  | 4 |
 9) ShootTheCore      |  -3 | UK  | MVS  | 3 |
 9) Caplet            |  -3 | AUS | MVS  | 4 |
*9) supersega         |  -3 | USA | NGCD | 3 | 
10) mjmjr25           |   0 | UK  | MVS  | 4 |
11) 1up               |  +5 | UK  | MVS  | ? |

0024_zpsqqx7lle2.png

\\**--- GERMANY ---**//
Code:
    Name           | SCR | CHR | SYS  | C |

1) bustedstr8     | -19 | GER | MVS  | 0 |
 2) oliverclaude   | -18 | GER | AES  | 0 |
^3) Vectorman0     | -13 | GER | FCD  | 1 |
^3) ElectricGrave  | -13 |  UK | FCD  | 1 |
 4) PSICODROMO     | -10 | GER | MVS  | 1 |
*5) ebinsugewa     |  -9 | GER | MAME | 2 |
 6) shylax         |  -8 | JAP | MAME | 4 |
 6) Opethian       |  -4 |  UK | AES  | ? |
 7) ShootTheCore   |   0 | GER | ?    | 4 |

18 Hole Splash Screen Slideshow

\\**--- AUSTRALIA ---**//
Code:

1) oliverclaude      | -19 | GER | AES  | 0 | 
^2) ElectricGrave     | -14 | UK  | FCD  | 1 |
*3) shylax            | -12 | JAP | MAME | 2 |
 3) bustedstr8        | -10 | GER | MVS  | 3 |
 4) ShootTheCore      |  -6 | GER | MVS  | 3 |
 4) Sudo shinji       |  -6 | GER | MVS  | 3 |
*4) heihachi          |  -6 | USA | MVS  | 3 |
 5) Pretty Amy        |  -5 | JAP | MVS  | 3 |
*5) Vectorman0        |  -5 | GER | FCD  | 3 |

SCT_zpspusdeziu.jpg

\\**--- SCOTLAND ---**//
Code:
    Name               | SCR | CHR | SYS  | C |

1) oliverclaude       | -12 | GER | NGCD | 2 |
 2) ShootTheCore       | +32 | GER | NGCD | 7 |

\\**--- NEWS FLASH!!! ---**//
Spoiler:
****----!!!! NEW FEATURES !!!!----****

On another note, I like to spread awareness about FIGHTCADE a FINAL BURN ALPHA emulator that allows Neo Turf Masters to be played online, it also plays most Neo, CPS2, CPS3 and some other systems. Fightcade is easy to use and requires very little to run. Double runs are welcomed and all entries will be accepted, it can be one record out of the two or both, it's up to you and how you submit the score entry. "Match Play" is also welcomed for a future addendum to the club, so don't hesitate to try it out! Below is a link to AJ's Fightcade thread with all the info, hype and salty regrets.

FIGHTCADE

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
NEO TURF MASTERS available in PSN and XBL, not news but figure I share in case someone miss them. I haven't gotten them yet, prolly run ok, if anybody wants to let us know how they work that'd be great. Apparently there's no online features other than live score board.

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
Online neo turf masters would be pretty fun. Shame it's just a bare bones port.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
You can always catch some Neo Turf Masters online with fightcade. Works awesome, check out the links on the last update post if you're not aware of it. There's also access to the rest of the MVS library, CPS1, 2 and 3. I'm down to play some games if interested.

Edit: AJ's Fightcade Thread

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Not an improvement on my score but just a run out of the cold. Wanna start swinging again...

turfmast-03-20-003354.pngturfmast-03-20-003401.pngturfmast-03-20-003413.pngturfmast-03-20-003541.png
electricgrave |-10 | USA | UK | Fightcade | 2 |

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Of course it is bud, all versions are welcomed. You're gonna be the first Nintendo Switch record holder...talk about Los Turfes Club breaking ground with the times!

I'm so tempted to get it but kinda split in 4 ways with the current gen consoles and PC...the struggles of a turfer...

Looking forward to your participation. Welcome to the Club!