Samurai Shodown in a rpg mobile game?

HANZO

Whoa. This looks interesting. Anyone played Kingdom Story yet?

Here's what it looks like.

Last edited:

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I'm intrigued, but I'm assuming its another microtransaction slutfest.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Just started downloading this. Really not sure what to expect, but not expecting much.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Just started downloading this. Really not sure what to expect, but not expecting much.

expect to only play for 5 minutes at a time, and suck unless you drop large amounts of cold hard cash. I'm assuming it a cash grab with Gatcha like mechanics where you are basically required to drop hundreds to get good units if you ever plan to succeed. Some of those types of games are pretty fun. Like Final Fantasy Brave Exvius, but the cost to actually progress is awful.

But yeah... I'm going to check this out.

HANZO

expect to only play for 5 minutes at a time, and suck unless you drop large amounts of cold hard cash. I'm assuming it a cash grab with Gatcha like mechanics where you are basically required to drop hundreds to get good units if you ever plan to succeed. Some of those types of games are pretty fun. Like Final Fantasy Brave Exvius, but the cost to actually progress is awful.

But yeah... I'm going to check this out.

I've been playing it for a while, it does feel like you hit a grind wall but it has enough "itch" to keep you engaged. Also it's super easy to get Hanzo there's an event happening that spews out "hanzo swords" that you collect quickly to cash in and get hanzo.

One thing I would have to say that I think is bad is that it kinda gives you tough calls. For example if you have a good solid team going, you'll need to eventually sacrifice them to bump up their tiers to 5star etc.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I got suckered into Fire Emblem Heroes and it was enough for me to realise that Gatcha games are evil.

Avoiding this.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Not really sure what to think of this. I tried quite a few of those "freemium" games and always was kinda annoyed by the long waiting times if you don't pay!

Cernex

Fio's Quartermaster
Looks vaguely interesting, might -- oh wait, a Gatcha game? Nevermind, I don't want to be broke as fuck.

Snakealpha

n00b
Design is "Super Deformed" as many mobile games usually are líke that.

Seems to be Another pay to Win vía gachas