Art of Fighting 1-3 is coming on Vinyl! (and on CD)

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
http://www.bravewave.net/genseries/005

AOF+Mock+Up-1.jpg

Awesome news!! Brave Wave will publish all three soundtracks from Art of Fighting 1 to 3 on Vinyl. I'm stoked :buttrock:

This will be the first time to have Neo Geo music on Vinyl actually. One can only dream of the other titles (Garou Densetsu, King of Fighters, Viewpoint...). I'm really looking forward to see what will happen in the future. Looks like they got an agreement with SNK :buttrock:

SNK and Brave Wave announce exciting new partnership for creating classic NeoGeo soundtrack restorations, starting with Art of Fighting series 25th Anniversary CD and vinyl releases

SNK and Brave Wave Productions are proud to announce that they have entered into a partnership for releasing classic NEOGEO soundtracks on CD and vinyl. This multi-year endeavor begins with Generation Series 005: ART OF FIGHTING, Generation Series 00X: ART OF FIGHTING 2 and Generation Series 00X: THE PATH OF THE WARRIOR: ART OF FIGHTING 3. First released in 1992, the ART OF FIGHTING series celebrates its 25th Anniversary this year in 2017. SNK and Brave Wave are eager to introduce the classic fighting game franchise to a new generation of gamers.

As part of Brave Wave's critically acclaimed Generation Series lineup of classic video game soundtracks, the ART OF FIGHTING soundtracks will feature each games' original music restored to the highest possible quality, in collaboration and consultation with SNK and the original composers of NEO Sound Orchestra. The CD and vinyl will feature artwork from the SNK archives by the legendary illustrator Shinkiro, in addition to thorough liner notes with insight on the production of ART OF FIGHTING.

ART OF FIGHTING The Definitive Soundtrack will release for CD and vinyl in October 2017, followed by ART OF FIGHTING 2 The Definitive Soundtrack and THE PATH OF THE WARRIOR: ART OF FIGHTING 3 The Definitive Soundtrack in the first half of 2018.

SNK and Brave Wave hope to expand this collaboration to other major NEOGEO franchises beyond ART OF FIGHTING starting in 2018. NEOGEO fans can expect many of their favorite classic soundtracks to make their way to CD and vinyl in new and unprecedented quality, under the same award-winning team at Brave Wave who previously worked on the Billboard-charted Street Fighter II The Definitive Soundtrack and the two-volume Ninja Gaiden The Definitive Soundtrack.

Last edited:

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Awesome!

I bought the Ninja Gaiden soundtrack. I hope this one includes the neo cd/arranged versions of the aof2 tracks.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
They did a great job with the SF2 collection, I'll definitely get these.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Digital music on an analog platform...

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Thanks for the links, listening ATM, loving the faithful quality to the NES.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Holy hell that Shinkiro artwork.

Interesting that he made Robert the central focus.

edit: fuck i miss shinkiro

Last edited:

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
Ye its the us insert illustration of AOF1.
Would be great if they'd provide some research work also… or just any drawing or piece of visual work on top of it.
aof1 best sound track on neogeo… would be insta-buy !
Hope this comes true…

FBX

Quiz Detective
I don't mean to troll as this is an honest question: If somebody seriously wants the AoF soundtracks on CD, couldn't they just use the Unibios Jukebox, rip the tracks into wav, and burn a CD that way? I did that myself quite some time ago, and put the tracks on my old classic ipod.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I wish the arranged soundtracks would get some love. They need remastering and re-releasing much more than the OSTs.

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
Thanks for posting about this release. I wonder if the process to capture the sound from this game will be analog (like their SFII) release rather than using software like Bridge M1 and pulling sound data from a ROM digitally thus less data loss. Am I wrong here?

Also, I hope Fatal Fury 1-3 gets this treatment next. As a teen I remember those Diehard ads offering FF1 on CD for a lot of $.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Also, I hope Fatal Fury 1-3 gets this treatment next. As a teen I remember those Diehard ads offering FF1 on CD for a lot of $.

+1
The Fatal Fury 15th anniversary soundtrack box was really nice too, but it sadly did not include the arranged tracks. The old cd release of the arranged tracks from FF1 was fantastic, even though those tracks were not featured on the original neo cd release of FF1, nor used for the ps2 neogeo online collection release.

There is a lot of great music in the FF series that is due for a complete collection. Bonus if the vinyl release could include the music from the symphony album.

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
+1
The Fatal Fury 15th anniversary soundtrack box was really nice too, but it sadly did not include the arranged tracks. The old cd release of the arranged tracks from FF1 was fantastic, even though those tracks were not featured on the original neo cd release of FF1, nor used for the ps2 neogeo online collection release.

There is a lot of great music in the FF series that is due for a complete collection. Bonus if the vinyl release could include the music from the symphony album.

Oh lordy.. I totally forgot about the 15th anniversary CD set.

It's weird that SNK actually created a new arranged sound track for FF1 on the PS2 when an arranged soundtrack already existed as a standalone CD. Financially/continuity wise, it'd make more sense just use that soundtrack for the PS2 ver. since these games were already old.

It would be dope to get the original FF1 soundtrack, the PS2 arranged ver., and the original arranged ver. on a double CD set. The never before released PS2 ver. would add value to the set.

Last edited:

Pinball

Kula's Candy
Last edited:

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
I suppose Brave Wave will have the edge on this one since AoF is already available from November 10th (Metal Slug by the end of November).

But what's more important: Both labels seem to have a deal with SNK and my guess is both are running for the best releases. Which in the end is good for us customers :)

I'm fairly certain we'll at least see MotW, KoF, SamSho and hopefully the Last Blade series. I also keep my fingers crossed for some more obscure stuff like Ninja Master's, Viewpoint and all the Noise Factory back catalogue (Matrimelee!!). Or any other OST in general that hasn't been released yet (Neo Turf Master's...).

Snakealpha

n00b
Impressive, Art of fighting collection for ps4, now the ost...maybe there is Still hope for the franchise!!

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
I would honestly prefer the arranged soundtracks going forward but I'm a sucker for SNK so I pre-ordered my vinyl.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
Necro bump. So i finally opened my copy to play it and,lo and behold, there was no download code for the soundtrack. Anyone want to hook a brother up?

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
You can have mine when I come home from work. Don't need it.

EDIT: Code sent. Enjoy :)

Last edited:

Jontox

Quiz Detective
That necro bump made me realised I had to order that AOF cd.
Oversight rectified !

Thanks