NIB Japanese AES listed on eBay

NeoGeo64

Zero's Secretary
1 picture? come on...

Yeah that's what I was thinking, too. The seller does say if you buy it they can send more pictures. WHY NOT JUST POST THEM ONTO THE LISTING NOW?

Red flags and alarm bells.

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
Never used ? We can see a lot of dust on the AES console.
:lolz:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
That seller is sketch as fuck.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Yea, I smell bullshit. That price is ridiculous as well.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
There was one on YAJ that sold back in January or February of 2017. It actually ended at $1800 if i recall correctly. I wouldnt be surprised if it was the same one being sold.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
There was one on YAJ that sold back in January or February of 2017. It actually ended at $1800 if i recall correctly. I wouldnt be surprised if it was the same one being sold.

Really? Damn, times done changed.

NeoGeo64

Zero's Secretary
I want to contact the seller to see more pictures. If it's legit, I may jump on it... but I have serious doubts. I've been emulating the Neo for years now and always wanted a console (and a Neo SD)... but even if this console is NIB, it is unmodded. I want the Universal BIOS, stereo sound, HDMI, etc.

And, also, no matter what, you can't take a console online to FightCade (would be pretty cool if you could). You're limited playing against AI or someone else who likely has never played any KOF or anything.

Would still be cool to have, though.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I want to contact the seller to see more pictures. If it's legit, I may jump on it... but I have serious doubts. I've been emulating the Neo for years now and always wanted a console (and a Neo SD)... but even if this console is NIB, it is unmodded. I want the Universal BIOS, stereo sound, HDMI, etc.

And, also, no matter what, you can't take a console online to FightCade (would be pretty cool if you could). You're limited playing against AI or someone else who likely has never played any KOF or anything.

Would still be cool to have, though.

Why not just buy a used one for much cheaper? It just makes more sense if you plan on installing a Uni-Bios, modding, and playing it. I'm thinking like my old collectard self here but if in fact this console is brand new never used, you lose like 75% of the value once you open it and use it. This is probably more for collectors who just want to say I own a brand new console, bag it up, and throw it on a shelf.

I purchased a Brand New Gold System back in 08 for $585. Sold it to some Italian Guy here on the Forums a few years later. I think paying that much for a console you might find in great condition boxed for probably $400-500 makes no sense. I'm just trying to kick some sense into you but you spend your money how you want. God knows I've spent some nice change on similar stuff.

Last edited:

NeoGeo64

Zero's Secretary
Yeah, I agree. NIB stuff scares me and really isn't practical for playing.

One of these days I'm gonna get a CMVS or modded AES (in good shape, I don't want a beater), but I really never intend on collecting individual games, save for a handful (maybe 3 or 4) of games I really want copies of. Everything else will be on the Neo SD.

MAME works well enough for now until that day comes.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Yeah, I agree. NIB stuff scares me and really isn't practical for playing.

One of these days I'm gonna get a CMVS or modded AES (in good shape, I don't want a beater), but I really never intend on collecting individual games, save for a handful (maybe 3 or 4) of games I really want copies of. Everything else will be on the Neo SD.

MAME works well enough for now until that day comes.

Exactly.

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
+1 to f that listing. A NeoSD, CMVS, and extra money you'd save would bring you much more joy.

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
Couldn't a brand new AES be DOA in box? I always worry about leaking capacitors eating through traces when I see a new in box console like this.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Couldn't a brand new AES be DOA in box? I always worry about leaking capacitors eating through traces when I see a new in box console like this.

There is always a possibility. Another reason why I would prefer purchasing something I know works and has been tested.

NeoGeo64

Zero's Secretary
Four days later and this guy hasn't added more pictures to his listing. Why would you list a NIB Neo Geo AES and NOT have more than one picture?

Is this fuck boy a scammer or what? Jesus.

NeoGeo64

Zero's Secretary
Oh and you GOTTA love this! When you try to contact the seller you get this:

We're sorry we couldn't find an answer for you. Unfortunately, this seller is not able to respond to your question. We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing.

From the listing: "If you get this item, we can send more pictures of the box before shipping. This is the only one we have at the moment (just got our hands on it from an old retro shop). Serial number 185***"

So you can't ask the seller ANY questions and can't see more than one picture unless the cash is in his account first. Wow. Why the fuck would anyone buy from such a shady bitch? If this faggot tried to list something like that on the market here, with no way to contact him and only one picture, how would the community take that?

Last edited:

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
This guy is just not worth the time. You have something called Holy Grail Rare and you only post one fucking picture? I smell scam a mile away.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
This seller is just selling a listing that was purchased or is currently on Yahoo Japan. All their auctions on ebay just act as a proxy for Yahoo Japan items.

NeoGeo64

Zero's Secretary
This seller is just selling a listing that was purchased or is currently on Yahoo Japan. All their auctions on ebay just act as a proxy for Yahoo Japan items.

I can't find that item on Yahoo Japan auctions. Can you provide a link?

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member

This is what this and a few other sellers do. Purchase the items on Yahoo Japan then resell it using the exact same info from the auction. It is why some items have way more pictures than others of why they sell multiples of the same items at different prices.