Dreamcast, Saturn, or Sega cd?

abdul

Aero Fighters Flyboy
which of these is overall the best system, i dont own any of them and thinking of getting one.

thanks all ( this is my last annoying question thread)

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
I was going to say...

abdul, every time you buy something, you start a thread on which one is the best.

You need to make your own decisions...

Oh yeah and Dreamcast.

GoSpits

Benimaru's Hairdresser
20 Year Member
You should be able to afford all three. It's not like any of them are that expensive anymore.

The order, though?
1) Dreamcast
2) Saturn
3) Sega CD

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
Freelancer said:
Honestly, I'd say neither.

I'd suggest spending the money on some Neo stuff.

Not an option in this thread, relax we are all aware of your hate for certain consoles.

Dreamcast, no question.

Freelancer

Banned
GoSpits said:
You should be able to afford all three. It's not like any of them are that expensive anymore.

The order, though?
1) Dreamcast
2) Saturn
3) Sega CD

The hardware is never expensive. It's the games (and time spent looking for and acquiring) that will end up costing the most. Since he really doesn't seem to have any preference for either of the 3, I'd say just take the money and spend it on Neo goods.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
Freelancer said:
The hardware is never expensive. It's the games (and time spent looking for and acquiring) that will end up costing the most. Since he really doesn't seem to have any preference for either of the 3, I'd say just take the money and spend it on Neo goods.
Neo Geo is boring.

Get the Dreamcast first.

showdownfan666

Baseball Star Hitter
Saturn is the best. The Dreamcast is a good buy too and those are dirt cheap so you should buy both honestly. Wonder why people like Dreamcast over Saturn. I thought the Saturn was way better.

Neon_Sonic

Setsuna's Owl Keeper
Freelancer said:
Honestly, I'd say neither.

I'd suggest spending the money on some Neo stuff.

Maybe nobody's ever told you, but it's okay to play other systems as well.

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
In my opinion it's not even a contest. The Saturn is head and shoulders above the Dreamcast, and Sega CD is a paperweight. So:

1: Saturn

2: Dreamcast

3: Paperweight

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
dreamcast
saturn
sega cd

i have a sega cd and never play it, not into RPGs, just got it for collecting basically and Sonic CD.

GoSpits

Benimaru's Hairdresser
20 Year Member
I prefer the Saturn as well, but it is easier to find Dreamcast games than Saturn. You can still pick up DC games at retail locations.
I'd recommend all three, if you want to be a collector.

To Freelancer: any game for any system can be cheap, if you hit the right deal.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Saturn, DC, then SegaCD (assuming you have the Genesis already, because that should come first)

snesaes

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I'd go with DC, it's the only Sega system I've really cared about. I was a SNES fanboy back in my pre-teen years. Kinda lacks in RPG's, but more than makes up for with one of the best libraries of games ever. The good-bad game ratio is the best I've ever seen on a system. Not to mention, if you're looking for some good SNK ports, it has them as well.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
you can't go wrong with either Saturn or DC, but it'd probably be best if you look up the games each system offers that you'd definitely be looking to pick up...once you factor in price, difficulty to find, and "must have" factor of the games, then you'll have a better idea of which way to go...

either way, wear a bib for drool factor cuz both systems have certain games that seem to activate the salivary glands...
:drool_2:

Freelancer

Banned
Neon_Sonic said:
Maybe nobody's ever told you, but it's okay to play other systems as well.

Thanks for the advice.
Thing is, I have all of those systems.
No sense in buying something just for the hell of it, no?

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Saturn>DC>............................................................Sega CD.

Sega CD shouldn't even enter your pool of thought man. If you wanna see Episode I of 'Fallen Soldier: The Death Of Sega', it begins with this piece of shit.

'Hey, we're neck and neck with Nintendo...I know, let's release a string of costly hardware add-ons that no one will make games for.'

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
Dreamcast > Saturn > Sega CD (most games I'll just flush)

2D games are about equal between DC and Saturn, but DC stands out with much better and more original arcade ports (especially 3D), devoid of all FMV garbage.

If you're completely into imports, it'd be a tough call between Saturn and Dreamcast as Saturn saw many more releases in Japan, you wonder why Sega failed Saturn in US.

I'm almost done with US DC and started getting back into Saturn (just a little), since we're at trough stage of economic cycle, many games are at bottom low prices, some are beyond my belief.

Last edited:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Go with the DC first, as its very easy to get into and a lot of good, decent games are still at bargin prices and easy to find

then, when the dust has settled, get your bank account ready for some Saturn collecting

edit: why the hell is the Sega CD even listed among those two systems?

Thereverend

Banned
My Dreamcast is my first born I own no other console (well yeah I do but I don't baby them like my DC)

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
To end the debate on whether abdul should buy a Neo, he just sold his off in the Selling Forum.

In my opinion the Dreamcast is the best console released in the last ten years and has some fantastic games for it.

I actually play my Saturn so little that I cut it into pieces to get the Sony video chip out of it. And I don't like the games that everyone else seems to like for it (Dragon Force, Guardian Heroes, Panzer Dragoon Saga, etc). Dreamcast is MUCH cheaper and games like Skies of Arcadia (yeah, I know, GameCube version blah blah blah) and Virtual On OT are incredible. What a fantastic system.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
here's the deal:

dreamcast>saturn>genesis>master system>sega cd>32x

even a bad sega system is still a sega system, shit i'd own a Neptune right now if they released it, so it's worth owning on that merit, i own all the systems mentioned (doesn't mean i play them though).