mark of the wolves mvs cart has no serial?

neoluva2001

Quiz Detective
I just got my mark of the wolves cart yesterday and it dosent have a serial number on it...?Anyone else have this happen?Its a japanese cart...

PrOzErG

Sacrifice is pleasure, , ,
HHHHMMMMM.... i dont know much about MVS carts but it might be a bootleg
frown.gif

------------------
kof97_ryujinyamazakilaff.gif

YOU DONT LIKE ME? "THEN FUCK OFF"

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
I have two U.S. Mark of the Wolves MVS carts, one in solid green plastic case, the other in translucent green plastic case. The solid green cased one has the original serial number printed on the label, the translucent green one has had the serial number cut out. I don't know about Japanese versions, but I would assume that they have serial numbers just like the U.S. carts.

What you need to do is to open the cart and check the two PCB boards inside. If you see EPROMs on one or both boards, it may be trouble. I checked both carts that I had, and neither one has EPROMs or wires on it. All the PCBs boards themselves have SNK info printed on them, and all the chips (except the two Program chips in both carts) are commercially made and labelled.

BTW, RyoGeo first broke the news about bootleg Garou carts here in the forums. He also set up a cool web page all about bootleg carts, here:

http://members.aol.com/ryogeo/Garou_Boot.html

Thanks to RyoGeo for the great info!! And neoluva2001, let us know what you find out . . . hope its a legit cart!!

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I have seen so many posts like this... GUYS, these games are usually owned by arcade owners. They could really care less about what the game looks like... some may write all over the label, some may put stuff on it. Needless to say, when it goes to a reseller they usually print a new label up for the cart (sans the serials) to replace the one on the cart. This does not mean it is a bootleg... The only way to know if it is a bootleg cart is to open it.

-Nick